Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

I've been wondering, and waiting for that area to get B41. I pass through there all the time on way to work in Encinitas. The site is located somewhere between that big apt complex on Dove, or somewhere behind that Self Serve Yougurt joint I love going to. Did you get any screenshots?

I took a screenshot of the Speedtest.net report but that was about it. I dunno why every time I try to upload an image, the taparalk app won't let me.

I took a screenshot of the Speedtest.net report but that was about it. I dunno why every time I try to upload an image, the taparalk app won't let me.

I stopped by, and this is what I got!

tmp_28171_Screenshot_2015_05_20_16_11_08tmp_28171_Screenshot_2015_05_20_16_15_58

• Like 1

Hello San Diego! I am heading out there in August as my sister in law will be getting married. My wife and I are getting a beach house on mission. How is it out there? Excited to be out there.

Picked up B41 signal on the 5, passing by Tamarack Ave in Carlsbad this morning.

tmp_10291_Screenshot_2015_05_21_09_39_08

• Like 1

You didn't say exactly where.  Is it Mission Beach, South Mission Beach or Mission Bay?  

Mission Beach It's one of the last places in San Diego to get NV installed. There are 2 very important sites that will serve the beach that don't appear to even been started.  I checked a few days ago and saw nothing new. Today I got very poor 3G with no working data near Belmont Park.  In Sprint's defense, all major carriers have had issues in Mission Beach.  Most likely for the same reasons.  This is a case where WiFi will come in handy.

The news might not be all bad depending on where exactly you will be located. There is also a chance that the new equipment might be installed before August.  

San Diego has the usual NIMBY stuff, fussy building owners & slow city approvals like anywhere else.  California ALSO has the "Coastal Commission" which is bureaucracy at it's stifling best (worst).  They have a "slow" say in anything that happens within roughly a mile from the ocean. 

Hello San Diego! I am heading out there in August as my sister in law will be getting married. My wife and I are getting a beach house on mission. How is it out there? Excited to be out there.

Picked up B41 signal on the 5, passing by Tamarack Ave in Carlsbad this morning.

tmp_10291_Screenshot_2015_05_21_09_39_08

On way home from work passing by same location, I got this for a good mile or so.

Screenshot_2015_05_21_19_33_25.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_21_19_33_07.jpg

You didn't say exactly where.  Is it Mission Beach, South Mission Beach or Mission Bay?  

Mission Beach It's one of the last places in San Diego to get NV installed. There are 2 very important sites that will serve the beach that don't appear to even been started.  I checked a few days ago and saw nothing new. Today I got very poor 3G with no working data near Belmont Park.  In Sprint's defense, all major carriers have had issues in Mission Beach.  Most likely for the same reasons.  This is a case where WiFi will come in handy.

The news might not be all bad depending on where exactly you will be located. There is also a chance that the new equipment might be installed before August.  

San Diego has the usual NIMBY stuff, fussy building owners & slow city approvals like anywhere else.  California ALSO has the "Coastal Commission" which is bureaucracy at it's stifling best (worst).  They have a "slow" say in anything that happens within roughly a mile from the ocean. 

Honestly I am not to familiar with the area.  I do know it is at a resort which per google maps looks like in the bay not the beach. The beachhouse i am going to rent is on the beach though.

You didn't say exactly where. Is it Mission Beach, South Mission Beach or Mission Bay?

Mission Beach It's one of the last places in San Diego to get NV installed. There are 2 very important sites that will serve the beach that don't appear to even been started. I checked a few days ago and saw nothing new. Today I got very poor 3G with no working data near Belmont Park. In Sprint's defense, all major carriers have had issues in Mission Beach. Most likely for the same reasons. This is a case where WiFi will come in handy.

San Diego has the usual NIMBY stuff, fussy building owners & slow city approvals like anywhere else. California ALSO has the "Coastal Commission" which is bureaucracy at it's stifling best (worst). They have a "slow" say in anything that happens within roughly a mile from the ocean.

Good news! Sprints permit was approved to begin work. Hopefully it's starts soon and comes with B41!

Good news! Sprints permit was approved to begin work. Hopefully it's starts soon and comes with B41!

I sure hope so.  

Both locations are owned by the same local hotel operator so it's possible that the holdup is with the building's management.  A similar nearby location on the roof of the tallest area building was completed last year. That hotel is also a hotel but owned by a different group.  It required extensive trenching, rooftop remodeling and construction of an exterior equipment building where the fiber enters Mission Bay Park.

Image uploading is finally workingb90afdcc8961a0122c25345b6c4b8dad.jpg That was from the strip mall on the northwest corner of El Camino Real at Aviara Pkwy/Alga Rd in Carlsbad with B41 from May 17th.

Edited by bookertdub
  • Like 3

I sure hope so.  

Both locations are owned by the same local hotel operator so it's possible that the holdup is with the building's management.  A similar nearby location on the roof of the tallest area building was completed last year. That hotel is also a hotel but owned by a different group.  It required extensive trenching, rooftop remodeling and construction of an exterior equipment building where the fiber enters Mission Bay Park.

https://publicservices.sdcounty.ca.gov/CitizenAccess/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LUEG-DEH&TabName=LUEG-DEH&capID1=15CAP&capID2=00000&capID3=00YYE&agencyCode=COSD

That's a big improvement from last August when I last went to a game there.  Service was close to non-existent then.

PETCO Park last night

Considering there was about 30,000 at the game I was actually pretty impressed with the download speed.

North Escondido on the 15 freeway. The site is a can't miss green water tower, with a few green antennas, along with equipment that can be seen on both sides of freeway on a hill.

tmp_3526_Screenshot_2015_05_23_12_50_18_tmp_3526_Screenshot_2015_05_23_15_58_091

• Like 1

Was browsing through Youtube, and ran into this interesting news piece from 2 months ago, about techs in San Diego being injured installing antennas throughout the county.

I was down in San Ysidro at the outlets earlier this afternoon. Haven't been down there since earlier last year. Been down many times before the upgrading and work, and was very surprised to see a huge improvement! Before that, data, texting, and calling was useless. I meant horrific! Couldn't make calls/texts inside, and outside of stores. I should say the entire area in general. It's not like that anymore! I picked up LTE behind the outlet facing the fenced off border. Tried to make a call on LTE, but couldn't. No dial tone, after 3 attempts. I made a 4th, but it was a very quick dropped call. I remained on 3G most of the time, and calling/data/texting wasn't a problem at all. Data was pretty good also on LTE. Did a speed test, and was impressed with download, but uploading was sluggish when I browsed a site. For some odd reason, my phone couldn't find, or connect to a server being on 3G to do a speed test, but LTE it connected and found a server. Below are screenshots. Oh, I noticed that long time Sprint store is no longer there!

Screenshot_2015_05_31_14_58_35.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_31_14_54_46.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_31_15_46_42.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_31_18_25_31.jpg

I was down in San Ysidro at the outlets earlier this afternoon. Haven't been down there since earlier last year. Been down many times before the upgrading and work, and was very surprised to see a huge improvement! Before that, data, texting, and calling was useless. I meant horrific! Couldn't make calls/texts inside, and outside of stores. I should say the entire area in general. It's not like that anymore! I picked up LTE behind the outlet facing the fenced off border. Tried to make a call on LTE, but couldn't. No dial tone, after 3 attempts. I made a 4th, but it was a very quick dropped call. I remained on 3G most of the time, and calling/data/texting wasn't a problem at all. Data was pretty good also on LTE. Did a speed test, and was impressed with download, but uploading was sluggish when I browsed a site. For some odd reason, my phone couldn't find, or connect to a server being on 3G to do a speed test, but LTE it connected and found a server. Below are screenshots. Oh, I noticed that long time Sprint store is no longer there!

Sprint was non existent past the pedestrian bridge over I-5 right before the interstate ends and veers left into Mexico almost a year ago. I had a very similar experience with calls and 1x SMS not going through right before I lost the sprint signal near the outlets.

Has Sprint always deliberately kept their signal away from Tijuana/MX? I know they don't in some parts of Texas.