Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Hit some Movistar roaming 11 miles north of the U.S. border in far east county yesterday. It surprised me that was the only coverage available. I received texts indicating costs (.20/minute, texts free, some data included but no indication of how much).

Perhaps they have some panels facing north to help cover the trafficking areas.

Got some pretty solid B25 carrier aggregation speeds here on the corner of 15th Street & Camino Del Mar in Del Mar

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

No CA on B25 or B26, that looks like 10x10!!  B25, thats pretty awesome! Post engineering screen shots if you can to confirm.

No CA on B25 or B26, that looks like 10x10!! B25, thats pretty awesome! Post engineering screen shots if you can to confirm.

False alarm, that was wifi at work I thought I had turned off but didn't. I apologize for that.

False alarm, that was wifi at work I thought I had turned off but didn't. I apologize for that.

:wacko: You were still connected to second carrier on B25, you can still post that information, still useful.

Anything new in San Diego?

The latest iOS update brought with it v23.1 of the Sprint carrier settings and a new PRL. Those combined seemed to give me 1-2 bars of B25 LTE in my living room for a few minutes after updating last night but I can't seem to duplicate it now. 

• Like 1

The latest iOS update brought with it v23.1 of the Sprint carrier settings and a new PRL. Those combined seemed to give me 1-2 bars of B25 LTE in my living room for a few minutes after updating last night but I can't seem to duplicate it now. 

I also got that new PRL on my Note 5. Service at home is way better. That's because Sprint techs came out, and tuned the tower up about a week ago, due to over capacity. Tech I was on phone with about 2 weeks ago, said he entered codes into the system to prioritize my phone to get the best signal/service when it gets way too crowded.

• Like 2

From my home in San Marcos. I dont remember ever seeing neighboring cells show up before. Dont know what that means. 96449a78352455eed38863d2f5a5f804.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I've been seeing it for a good while my way.

Screenshot_2015_12_18_17_51_06.jpg

From my home in San Marcos. I dont remember ever seeing neighboring cells show up before. Dont know what that means.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Neighbor Cells are the LTE signals that your device can see but is not connected to. That is how your device knows what site/sector to grab on to if the one you are currently using becomes unusable. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just noticed I'm on B25 CA for the first time ever at home. Been having a lot of tower congestion for the past 2-3 months being connected to a GMO site at peak hours. Crews must've came out sometime today, after I made some calls being stuck on 1x a few times this week, being on B25 that became along poor 3G on hand overs. Did my first speed test and got 14.55 Mbps up, and 4.47 Mbps down. Average speeds was always 5 to 6 Mbps up before B25 CA.

• Like 1

Just noticed I'm on B25 CA for the first time ever at home. Been having a lot of tower congestion for the past 2-3 months being connected to a GMO site at peak hours. Crews must've came out sometime today, after I made some calls being stuck on 1x a few times this week, being on B25 that became along poor 3G on hand overs. Did my first speed test and got 14.55 Mbps up, and 4.47 Mbps down. Average speeds was always 5 to 6 Mbps up before B25 CA.

Is it CA or a second carrier ? And way yu can send a screen shot?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

There is no b25 carrier aggregation. The only carrier aggregation setup sprint is using is on Band 41.

Sprint is firing up a 2nd band 25 carriers across the country in markets that have the spectrum for it and it has been detected in San Diego and socal. Thus you are connected to a 2nd band 25 carrier which doubles the capacity and increases the average speeds through load balancing.