Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

I picked up B41 over at the Westfield Mall in North Carlsbad/South Oceanside border. I got onto the 78 freeway heading East, and held on for a good while losing signal when I got close to College Blvd. I also noticed picking up a -77 dBm B41 signal as soon as I merged onto the 78 freeway. Below is what I was surprised to see while sitting at a stop light leaving the mall.

Screenshot_2015_05_09_18_32_08.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_09_18_31_54.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_09_21_22_59.jpg

800 MHz update

State Department Pressure

In that letter, they noted that 800 MHz rebanding is essentially done but there are some major gaps remaining. Those include Washington State, 82 counties in California and Arizona (including Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz.), Las Vegas, and major portions of New Mexico and West and South Texas.

• Like 1

What's with the "82 counties in California"? There are only 58 counties in the entire state. And Sprint is already released to use their rebanded 800MHz in all except Kern County, southward.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

What's with the "82 counties in California"? There are only 58 counties in the entire state. And Sprint is already released to use their rebanded 800MHz in all except Kern County, southward.

Kern County southward is probably bigger area than most other whole states. And with a population that includes Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego more populated than most states. 

82 counties in California and Arizona (including Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz.), Las Vegas, and major portions of New Mexico and West and South Texas[/size]

82 counties if you add up California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and Texas?

I picked up -110 dBm B41 signal at Leucadia Blvd/Garden View intersection earlier this evening in Encinitas.

B41 in Oceanside at El Camino and 78.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Yep. Spotted that last week. I posted screenshots above.

That's the second fastest speed I've seen in San Diego, alongside that one site in Vista.

• Like 1

That's the second fastest speed I've seen in San Diego, alongside that one site in Vista.

That was on the first try driving by the site.  There is a site in Linda Vista i reported was getting 60Mbps. Will try again with car not moving during the speed test.  Should break easy 60Mbps.

• Like 2

I'm going to scope out more of the Carlsbad area later this upcoming week, on the way to, and from work on my usual routes. I've noticed a few sites that aren't on Spark map, that are Spark live, seems to be firing up one after another, as if Sprint is picking and choosing sites.

That was on the first try driving by the site.  There is a site in Linda Vista i reported was getting 60Mbps. Will try again with car not moving during the speed test.  Should break easy 60Mbps.

As promised it actually broke 70Mbps with the car at a complete stop.  Of course better signal. Fastest I have seen in San Diego.  The moment i drop to B25, i was pushing only 5Mbps.  Not sure how I have gotten 70Mbps+ when B25 was doing only 5Mbps.

XtHcnGol.png

• Like 2

I was heading downtown earlier this afternoon from Carlsbad, took a quick glance at my phone passing through Del Mar on the 5 South, and noticed B41 signal that held on for few seconds, then quickly switched back to B25.

• Like 1

There is B41 in downtown near the entrance of Freeway 94.  Someone go hunt it down!  Found another site off Euclid Ave/94 Freeway.

AUYuFSfl.png

• Like 2

I got B41 at the strip mall where Aviara Pkwy, Alga Rd, & El Camino Real meet in Carlsbad. Got 34mbps down & 14mbps up.

I've been wondering, and waiting for that area to get B41. I pass through there all the time on way to work in Encinitas. The site is located somewhere between that big apt complex on Dove, or somewhere behind that Self Serve Yougurt joint I love going to. Did you get any screenshots?

I picked up B41 over at the Westfield Mall in North Carlsbad/South Oceanside border. I got onto the 78 freeway heading East, and held on for a good while losing signal when I got close to College Blvd. I also noticed picking up a -77 dBm B41 signal as soon as I merged onto the 78 freeway. Below is what I was surprised to see while sitting at a stop light leaving the mall.

Screenshot_2015_05_09_18_32_08.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_09_18_31_54.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_09_21_22_59.jpg

I got a better signal today passing by in car.

Screenshot_2015_05_17_11_54_25.jpg

• Like 1

Spotted B41 in Oceanside over Mission Ave close to 5 freeway. Sorry about poor map. Took a very quick shot at traffic light.

Screenshot_2015_05_18_09_28_06.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_18_09_28_20.jpg