Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Discovered another new B41 site in Oceanside this morning. Coast Hwy 101/Oceanside Blvd.

Screenshot_2015_06_25_09_27_18.jpgScreenshot_2015_06_25_09_27_46.jpg

• Like 4

It's running B41. I never seen what the site looks like. I haven't seen a permit for this site either, so I can't really answer your question what it's using.

Thanks for the explanation.

We have a number of GMO sites in LA Metro so anything GMO catches my eye.

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation.

We have a number of GMO sites in LA Metro so anything GMO catches my eye.

That's exactly how it is here in North San Diego. Many GMO sites. Did you see the answer to my question below?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2144-network-visionlte-san-diego-market/?p=425596

That's exactly how it is here in North San Diego. Many GMO sites. Did you see the answer to my question below?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2144-network-visionlte-san-diego-market/?p=425596

Yes, thanks!

Do the GMO sites in North San Diego tend to be compact installations, such as utility poles or stealth sites?

Yes, thanks!

Do the GMO sites in North San Diego tend to be compact installations, such as utility poles or stealth sites?

We have many steath sites on light poles (streets and public parks), flag poles, and artificial trees. I've seen 3 on utility poles.

We have many steath sites on light poles (streets and public parks), flag poles, and artificial trees. I've seen 3 on utility poles.

If you see any tri-band antennas please post them on here.  I haven't seen any in the SoCal ALU markets.

2 macro sites at the San Diego County Fair (Del Mar Fairgrounds).  B41 was very usable my entire time there.

eB1mh6xl.png I0diPQXl.png

• Like 6

If you see any tri-band antennas please post them on here.  I haven't seen any in the SoCal ALU markets.

There is a B41 site over on Leucadia in Encinitas that's stealth, and not running B41 yet. All 3 carriers share it, and all are in a gated fire department/water plant only employees can go into. All are in fake trees, and covered up very well like the military did the work with the green shades. T-Mob is the only visible one that isn't that blanketed unlike the others. You can see these sites passing by on a very busy street, but standing at the gate in parking lot, still wouldn't get a great look.

• Like 1

Just curious. I took pics of this site over in Vista back in January this year. It has a permit for B41. Looking at Sponsor Map, it has that certain amount of days until possible upgrading. So my question is this site more difficult to upgrade compared to others? Is it waiting for more equipment to be installed? Reason I'm asking is because there are a handful of sites in the surrounding area to this one, that didn't have permits, and running B41.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ono4y94caifsmf/AACLjigTXJNE2ovsReoURk90a?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

Anything new in SD?

Same old same old until the marcelo NgN plans comes into effect nationwide. Mostly just getting backhaul and wrapping up those few hard to get sites that Walter bypassed until now.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Has anyone been out on highway 8 in far east San Diego county recently? I drove it this weekend and noticed stretches of Sprint 1x coverage where previously it was Verizon roaming on 1x. Is it possible that 800 mHz is being tested on a single tower out there or is it too early? I understand that it may just be the result of the placement of RRUs, new antennas, etc.

As an aside, I was in a remote area next to the border which had great Sprint LTE service and poor or nothing on other providers- my phone was popular among the people that I was with. It was the luck of the draw with site placement and unusual to have better service in the middle of nowhere than in town (unloaded tower, generally).

Has anyone been out on highway 8 in far east San Diego county recently? I drove it this weekend and noticed stretches of Sprint 1x coverage where previously it was Verizon roaming on 1x. Is it possible that 800 mHz is being tested on a single tower out there or is it too early? I understand that it may just be the result of the placement of RRUs, new antennas, etc.

I was hiking in Cleveland Forest in March 2015 and had no service except VZW roaming. Maybe this is a recent development. :)

Sprint need to do something on the Coast Hwy 101 in Carlsbad, beginning at Tamarack all the way to Poinsettia Lane. Always no service, and roaming alert comes on. I experience many times over the last couple of months, especially morning hours if I take the coast to work. When passing between the 2 on the freeway everyday, both morning and evening, I'm either on LTE 1900, B41, or 3G.

Why would it be like that on the coast, compared to being on freeway? It's always that pocket with no service.

Sprint need to do something on the Coast Hwy 101 in Carlsbad, beginning at Tamarack all the way to Poinsettia Lane. Always no service, and roaming alert comes on. I experience many times over the last couple of months, especially morning hours if I take the coast to work. When passing between the 2 on the freeway everyday, both morning and evening, I'm either on LTE 1900, B41, or 3G.

Why would it be like that on the coast, compared to being on freeway? It's always that pocket with no service.

Send me pm, let me known which site your connected to and which site your supposed to hand off too. Need it on a map and a circle of the no service location

I can exec look at it.

Found 2 more new B41 sites in North County today. First was in Carlsbad on Carlsbad Village Dr. Other was in Vista on Sycamore.

Cvillage1.jpgCvillage2.jpgCvillage3.jpg

vista1.jpgvista2.jpgvista3.jpg

I stopped by, and this is what I got!tmp_28171_Screenshot_2015_05_20_16_11_08tmp_28171_Screenshot_2015_05_20_16_15_58

Passed the site this morning by accident on way to work, when I happened to notice antennas on a power pole. It's a GMO.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/822v7sns64ul784/AAByuZkoTooRGgJQL-Jli3lma?dl=0

Passed the site this morning by accident on way to work, when I happened to notice antennas on a power pole. It's a GMO.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/822v7sns64ul784/AAByuZkoTooRGgJQL-Jli3lma?dl=0

Interesting..doesn't look like a 2.5 8T8R antennas.  Maybe I am wrong.  Tim can you shine in?

Standard NV setup 1900 only

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks for verifying. I wasn't exactly sure either, it's the only site in that area, and B41 is live. When I seen that site, I thought of this one I seen and took pics of back in January.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2144-network-visionlte-san-diego-market/?p=427746

Discovered this B41 signal this morning in Carlsbad, over on Poinsettia Ln/Melrose Dr.

Screenshot_2015_07_20_09_44_34.jpgScreenshot_2015_07_20_09_44_57.jpg