Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Nope.  In past years I used to routinely get Sprint service as far south as Revolución and Constitución.  I usually always had a signal in that long wait at the border before crossing back into the USA if someone had driven.  I once got a signal at a cliff front cafe on the ocean about 20 miles south of TJ. I imagine I had perfect conditions that day a long time ago.  Now I would most likely be on roaming at the same spot.

Sprint was non existent past the pedestrian bridge over I-5 right before the interstate ends and veers left into Mexico almost a year ago. I had a very similar experience with calls and 1x SMS not going through right before I lost the sprint signal near the outlets.

Has Sprint always deliberately kept their signal away from Tijuana/MX? I know they don't in some parts of Texas.

Has Sprint always deliberately kept their signal away from Tijuana/MX? I know they don't in some parts of Texas.

They are supposed to. Someone else has the right to broadcast on that spectrum on the other side of the border, and they would be interfering with them.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

I was down in San Ysidro at the outlets earlier this afternoon. Haven't been down there since earlier last year. Been down many times before the upgrading and work, and was very surprised to see a huge improvement! Before that, data, texting, and calling was useless. I meant horrific! Couldn't make calls/texts inside, and outside of stores. I should say the entire area in general. It's not like that anymore! I picked up LTE behind the outlet facing the fenced off border. Tried to make a call on LTE, but couldn't. No dial tone, after 3 attempts. I made a 4th, but it was a very quick dropped call. I remained on 3G most of the time, and calling/data/texting wasn't a problem at all. Data was pretty good also on LTE. Did a speed test, and was impressed with download, but uploading was sluggish when I browsed a site. For some odd reason, my phone couldn't find, or connect to a server being on 3G to do a speed test, but LTE it connected and found a server. Below are screenshots. Oh, I noticed that long time Sprint store is no longer there!

Screenshot_2015_05_31_14_58_35.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_31_14_54_46.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_31_15_46_42.jpgScreenshot_2015_05_31_18_25_31.jpg

The Sprint store was mostly frequented by iDEN customers and they always had the best service for iDEN devices. CDMA was never a big deal because I remember the times when you heard the Nextel chirp everywhere.

Nope.  In past years I used to routinely get Sprint service as far south as Revolución and Constitución.  I usually always had a signal in that long wait at the border before crossing back into the USA if someone had driven.  I once got a signal at a cliff front cafe on the ocean about 20 miles south of TJ. I imagine I had perfect conditions that day a long time ago.  Now I would most likely be on roaming at the same spot.

I used to get service at Dorians just fine.

Does anyone know any dates on BAND 26 850MHz deployment?

sometime next year and band 26 is 800 mhz. 850 mhz is used to denote cellular a/b band 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

sometime next year and band 26 is 800 mhz. 850 mhz is used to denote cellular a/b band 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ok I thought it was 800Mhz... I got to experience it in Phoenix, it really makes your device useful again.

The Sprint store was mostly frequented by iDEN customers and they always had the best service for iDEN devices. CDMA was never a big deal because I remember the times when you heard the Nextel chirp everywhere.

I used to get service at Dorians just fine.

uploadfromtaptalk1433634017410.png Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1313364593

• 2 weeks later...

Discovered 2 more B41 sites in Oceanside last weekend, and then went back this eve to get some screenshots. At the Harbor, and over on the 76/College Blvd area in the shopping center. I parked a few hundred feet in front of store where the site is located. I bet the Radio Shack, which is next door to the building that the site is located behind, and their Sprint staff more than likely doesn't know it's Spark live (unless someone is a member here) lol. Too bad I live 2 1/2 miles away from that site on the 76 to experience it at home.

Oceanside Harbor

har1.jpghar2.jpghar3.jpg

76/College Blvd

761.jpg762.jpg763.jpg

• Like 4

I noticed B41 live on Douglas Dr in Oceanside this evening. Won't reach to Douglas/North River areas. So close to me, and fell short again. Will get some screenshots tomorrow. Last Wed, Thur, and Friday, I also notice being on EV-DO passing by that site during morning hours heading to work, and normal LTE 1900 in evenings.

Can old GMO sites go live with B41 if capable?

• Like 1

Can old GMO sites go live with B41 if capable?

Yes, there is a GMO site east of Sonora Pass in the Eastern Sierras that has B41 installed and operating. There are likely others too. So it is possible, just not common.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

I noticed B41 live on Douglas Dr in Oceanside this evening. Won't reach to Douglas/North River areas. So close to me, and fell short again. Will get some screenshots tomorrow. Last Wed, Thur, and Friday, I also notice being on EV-DO passing by that site during morning hours heading to work, and normal LTE 1900 in evenings.

Can old GMO sites go live with B41 if capable?

Here's the screenshots I took early this morning, and this evening.

doug1.jpgdoug2.jpgdoug3.jpg

• Like 1

Do you happen to have any pictures of the site?

I don't have a picture of the site. The site isn't visible. It's located in that Rev Ron Weddings church building facing Douglas Dr. When you pass by, you can actually see the door way with the "Caution" sign.

I don't have a picture of the site. The site isn't visible.

This is the GMO site with B41? Am I massively confused, or does that mean it's still using legacy 1900 MHz panels?

This is the GMO site with B41? Am I massively confused, or does that mean it's still using legacy 1900 MHz panels?

It's running B41. I never seen what the site looks like. I haven't seen a permit for this site either, so I can't really answer your question what it's using. All equipment is inside the church, and I'm pretty sure there's something all the way upstairs of that thick church tower concrete also that's inclosed.