Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Last Sunday I decided to take a ride to Lake Elsinore. I was amazed at how much B41 is live after crossing the border check, going into Temecula all the way to Lake Elsinore. The strongest signals seemed to be in between both places.

I've mentioned poor to no service in Carlsbad along certain areas of the coast, or the past 2 months. Here's what I've experienced this morning.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ofspmfoxhe9lg8g/AADqFmcng3a2nkuab2zrRjJ7a?dl=0

I was also in Vista last Saturday at a friend's house I go to frequently. As mentioned in past comments, service has always been spotty from decent 3G, so so LTE, and it's to the point now where it just plain suck since early July. I called Sprint many times, and used Sprint Zone. Well I ended up calling to report this issue forthe 4th time. There are 2 towers the house sits between. One 3G, and the other LTE. After being on the phone with a Sprint rep for nearly an hour, I've explained what's been happening. He looks in the system, and sees the calls I've made reporting this location a couple of times. First thing asked was if I updated profile, etc..... I explained that didn't have anything to do with it. He looks again, and then tells me I'm connected to a tower 3 miles or so away just by looking at the system. Looking at Sponsor maps here, I know I'm sitting in between 2 towers they don't see, which are both no further than a mile and half apart. One I can actually see from back yard, that's less than a mile. After an hour of getting nowhere, a ticket was submitted, and was told there were some upgrading a couple days before, but I explained this has been going on for a very long time. I took screenshots. What I did discover leaving late that evening was a B41 signal appearing over at the other tower on way home. Here's what I get everytime I go visit.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fve6c7c7s4h4t0x/AABjLksaT_VTNJEe1d-iup23a?dl=0

A little band 41 love in Pacific Beach.  Last night on Garnet, inside, near Cass St.

Is this a new B41 site?  Did you pick up CA from this site?  Most newly deployed B41 sites are being activated with 2nd carrier and CA ready rock!

Much needed B41 in that area which serves part of the beach.  This site is located on Cass St/Emerald St.

It's new to me and I check fairly often.  I didn't check for CA but the speed was around 30 so most likely not.  BTW - Yes, I know the building across the intersection from the post office, diagonally.  

Is this a new B41 site?  Did you pick up CA from this site?  Most newly deployed B41 sites are being activated with 2nd carrier and CA ready rock!

Much needed B41 in that area which serves part of the beach.  This site is located on Cass St/Emerald St.

Confirming San Ysidro is now Spark live! I went back down to a very crowded outlet, and busy border this afternoon. Took 2 speed tests when I first noticed when I parked, and the second was way faster leaving, sitting at a traffic light near the border crossing heading back northbound. Big difference in service compared to the last time I was there.

Screenshot_2015_09_07_13_10_02.jpg

Screenshot_2015_09_07_13_10_30.jpg

Screenshot_2015_09_07_21_57_38.jpg

Screenshot_2015_09_07_21_57_44.jpg

• Like 4

Confirming San Ysidro is now Spark live! I went back down to a very crowded outlet, and busy border this afternoon. Took 2 speed tests when I first noticed when I parked, and the second was way faster leaving, sitting at a traffic light near the border crossing heading back northbound. Big difference in service compared to the last time I was there.

You probably get better speeds using a speedtest servers in San Diego.  TJ speedtest servers are very slow.

Here is a site in Mission Valley getting crazy capacity.  It is on a rooftop.  Check out this setup which consist of 2x2.5 and 4x1.9. First site I have seen in San Diego with this type of setup.

http://imgur.com/a/kyQbc#xWmJ2vN

Here is a site in Mission Valley getting crazy capacity.  It is on a rooftop.  Check out this setup which consist of 2x2.5 and 4x1.9. First site I have seen in San Diego with this type of setup.

http://imgur.com/a/kyQbc#xWmJ2vN

This is two separate sectors. So 2 NV + 1 8T8R. A typical high capacity setup.

Look at all the red tapes just to add 2.5 antennas.  The project was submitted in 11/14/2014 and is still going.

Looks like folks in Mira Mesa will get more 2.5 love soon.

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-services/pdf/hearingofficer/reports/2015/HO-15-109.pdf

• Like 1

Anyone else experiencing no LTE/B41 countywide that has it, and being stuck on so so 3G or 1x for past week and half? North County seems to be that way again, Especially Oceanside and Vista. Even at home for me, LTE has been useless, and 3G isn't all that great either. I've reported on Sprint Zone, and called, but nobody doesn't know anything speaking with reps, and they all swear up and down it's my phone being the issue, so in return one gave me a $10 off my next bill for not really resolving the issue. Same for work in Encinitas, when I have pretty good LTE ranging from -93 to -95dBm, but been getting 1x off and on throughout the day off and on lately.

Screenshot_2015_09_15_11_11_35.jpg

Screenshot_2015_09_15_11_12_05.jpg

I have mostly been on 3G and 1X in San Diego ever since carrier 20.1 came out for the iPhone. It is hard for me to know what is network related and what is phone software related since that update. It has been a sub-par experience either way but things still work on 3G. On 1X I usually get a no network connection error. With iOS 9 coming I am hoping there is an improvement with an updated carrier bundle.

I have mostly been on 3G and 1X in San Diego ever since carrier 20.1 came out for the iPhone. It is hard for me to know what is network related and what is phone software related since that update. It has been a sub-par experience either way but things still work on 3G. On 1X I usually get a no network connection error. With iOS 9 coming I am hoping there is an improvement with an updated carrier bundle.

I have been seeing more and more b41 but this is on my S6. I am on LTE 90% of the time throughout San Diego.

• Like 3

you and me both, i should be upgrading ios sometime today ( : hope it improves things in my home town 

New B41 site in Vista that's now live. Was in testing a month ago, when I happen to see it popup, and disappear at the time. The site is over in one of those white agriculture structures where the GPS is pointing. Sponsor map also shows same site location.

Screenshot_2015_09_19_08_53_36.jpg

Screenshot_2015_09_19_08_54_30.jpg

Screenshot_2015_09_19_21_30_23.jpg

• Like 2

Had lunch in Sorrento Valley and B41 was really slow today; only got 4-5 megabits on speedtest and everything else seemed to be lagging pretty hard. Maybe it's time for Sprint to turn on another carrier if one's not there already? (My phone doesn't support CA on B41 so no way to test.)

Had lunch in Sorrento Valley and B41 was really slow today; only got 4-5 megabits on speedtest and everything else seemed to be lagging pretty hard. Maybe it's time for Sprint to turn on another carrier if one's not there already? (My phone doesn't support CA on B41 so no way to test.)

That is pretty good during peak time in that area.  It is similar to downtown SD, I get around 5-10 on B41 with second carrier.  With CA I can get around 20Mbps.  4-5Mbps is way better than no data.

I called up Sprint the day before about the North County issues. According to a rep, there has been many outages in North county in the past couple of weeks.

I called up Sprint the day before about the North County issues. According to a rep, there has been many outages in North county in the past couple of weeks.

Yup i was roaming on Verizon at Lowes in Vista last Friday night.

Yesterday while in Carlsbad, I was heading to Vista taking the back way on Poinsettia/Melrose. I then noticed being stuck on eHRPD only for a couple of miles, until I got near the 78 in Vista.

Screenshot_2015_09_22_16_31_30.jpg

Was on interstate 5/805 split towards 52, found multiple 2nd carrier B25?  Can someone confirm if the GCI is in fact 2nd carriers?  If it is, this would be the first 2nd carrier B25 spotted in San Diego.

bWs6t4om.png3ImcaITm.png

Rmy4P9tm.pngZiWt2pAm.png

7JXNk7Jm.pngvODQc5lm.png

• Like 2