Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Im getting my Nexus 5 today and hope to activate it when i get home from work. One thing i have read is that some users are reporting "very high" LTE signal strength numbers. Im hoping to test this later tonight. My thought was that 800LTE was live in a few areas already. Anyone want to take a guess if this is true, and if so, think it's live in our area? Might have to do some sensorly mapping tonight.

Im getting my Nexus 5 today and hope to activate it when i get home from work. One thing i have read is that some users are reporting "very high" LTE signal strength numbers. Im hoping to test this later tonight. My thought was that 800LTE was live in a few areas already. Anyone want to take a guess if this is true, and if so, think it's live in our area? Might have to do some sensorly mapping tonight.

Let me know how that goes, I think you need a SIM from Sprint?? Truth to that?

Let me know how that goes, I think you need a SIM from Sprint?? Truth to that?

Will do. I chatted with Sprint International and have a SIM being shipped to me overnight, which arrives today. I did go to the Sprint store on Sunset Dr. in Waukesha, and the guy said i could activate it their if needed too. I will keep everyone posted.

Will do. I chatted with Sprint International and have a SIM being shipped to me overnight, which arrives today. I did go to the Sprint store on Sunset Dr. in Waukesha, and the guy said i could activate it their if needed too. I will keep everyone posted.

I assume you're up with this thread already: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4989-lg-nexus-5-users-thread/

Seems like its pretty straightforward to activate as long as you don't get an idiot rep

Well, I can't edit my topic any longer but adding to the post here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1983-network-visionlte-milwaukee-market-including-madison/?p=232271

I did hear back from Dan Hesse's office.  She took down the information I gave her and said they'd look into the Crown Castle and the DAS nodes at Camp Randall......not that I expect anything to happen on that end. 

However, I did press her on the area and what's going on with updates, after I finally cut through the typical company line BS.  She said that, looking at what information they had available to her on her computer, that "testing" for our area should be complete within the month.  She did say, and rattled off several addresses that matched our mapped towers, that equipment has been installed and tested already.  These were the tower down here by Camp Randall, the one on State Street, the one on West Washington, the one in Fitchburg by the city hall, the one at the church towards middleton, pleasant view golf course, and a few others.  She wasn't sure why they weren't already live like the one at Rimrock, Middleton and Commercial Ave.  I didn't feed her these addresses (except the University Ave one and West Wash), so whatever she's seeing on her end had seemingly reasonable information.  Unfortunately she said the expected launch date for our area is listed as January, but she also said they've been beating those estimates by a couple months in most areas.  So some more information to take with a grain of salt and lead us on further.

With all that, I hope we start to see some acceptances soon in our area? Might match up information that a few others have gathered (napali, etc.)?  Sure like to see something else go live here.....and Milwaukee, I'll be there Dec 7th, downtown.

• Like 2

http://qbking77.com/google-nexus-5/activate-nexus-5-sprint/

Testing much?

From in my house, picking up the further Fitchburg tower 1x800. The base ID is right on, address wise. That tower is quite a bit away with a few hills between us. That's exciting!

EDIT: something is afoot with that tower. I was picking up 1x800 from the Irish Ln Fitchburg tower all the way downtown next to Camp Randall (approx 8 miles). Signal was very weak and it bounced in and out.  Anyone else on the south side of Madison seeing connection with that?  If you cycle airplane mode or update PRL?

Vt5GyR0.png

Ok so good news for Milwaukee folks. All the equipment is in place on the tower between Brown Deer and Good Hope (right next to I-43). All that is left is making the remaining connections (some cables are hooked up, some are not).

• Like 1

Testing much?

From in my house, picking up the further Fitchburg tower 1x800. The base ID is right on, address wise. That tower is quite a bit away with a few hills between us. That's exciting!

EDIT: something is afoot with that tower. I was picking up 1x800 from the Irish Ln Fitchburg tower all the way downtown next to Camp Randall (approx 8 miles). Signal was very weak and it bounced in and out.  Anyone else on the south side of Madison seeing connection with that?  If you cycle airplane mode or update PRL?

Vt5GyR0.png

I got 1x800 reading in Sun Prairie, but looking at the tower information from singal pro, it said that the tower was in waterloo.  I was in the parking lot of Woodman's when I saw this.

I had to call Sprint today because I was not getting any signal at work.  The person I talked to said that they are in the process of testing the towers in the Milwaukee area, and that everything should be done by the end of the year.  It took a bit to get that information out of the rep (basically she wanted me to do the network update, update PRL, ect) but when I said that I've done that a number of times, she went into my account and saw that the network vision is being completed in the area.  I take that with a grain of salt, but if the reps are finally saying that outright, it might be actually coming true....

Well well well, look at what I grabbed. I am on the west side of Madison in the research park area.

Another call, this time it was Tech support calling me back.  According to that representative, all towers in the Madison area are in the upgrade status (which we know).  She said that the ticket she was looking at was scheduled to be completed in Feb of 2014.  I hope it will be faster than that.....

Interesting that I have the same NID all the way over here in grafton

The towers in Racine County switched to NID 224 months ago.  But I noticed that a lot of towers are still using NID 84-including some that have been listed on S4GRU as "completely updated to NV" up in Milwaukee County!!  I wonder if Sprint is going to do what the phone company did-make Milwaukee County it's own unique NID (Milwaukee County is area code 414-everything surrounding it is 262).

Here are a couple pictures of the 92nd and Beloit base. The first one was from May 23rd, the second one was from yesterday (10/6). in the 10/6 one you can clearly see a new cabinet to the left, as well as what looks to be a new fiber connection on the right side. So maybe we'll see some new panels soon!

(Sorry I don't have the whole image hosting/thumbnail thing nailed yet)

5-23.jpg

10-6.jpg

i actually live across the street from this tower above the salon located there, i see the tower out my window daily, they have had guys working on it the last few weeks, seems to be more on the sprint end tho, ive always had great sprint service here, full bars with whatever phone, and now im on virgin mobile and still have the same signal, i pick up LTE here once and a while, but it will usually drop once i start using my phone, i have picked up LTE down 6th street on the south side south of national down to almost layton. since i look at this tower every day i will start monitoring it more and snapping pics when i see the guys working, the last time they were working on it, they spent about 10 hours on it that day.

great to see its on here, i was so curious but really didnt have any idea.

• Like 1

i actually live across the street from this tower above the salon located there, i see the tower out my window daily, they have had guys working on it the last few weeks, seems to be more on the sprint end tho, ive always had great sprint service here, full bars with whatever phone, and now im on virgin mobile and still have the same signal, i pick up LTE here once and a while, but it will usually drop once i start using my phone, i have picked up LTE down 6th street on the south side south of national down to almost layton. since i look at this tower every day i will start monitoring it more and snapping pics when i see the guys working, the last time they were working on it, they spent about 10 hours on it that day.

great to see its on here, i was so curious but really didnt have any idea.

Actually, since I took those pics, I've also seen the crew out there putting up the new antennas. I stopped and talked to them. That was like 2 weeks ago probably. So that tower is all set to go, probably just waiting on sprint to accept it and turn on the lte. Let us know if you ever get a really strong lte signal at home, then we know they're testing it. The lte signal you pick up every so often is from the one lte site that's live in the derrty derrty (West Allis). That's why you lose the connection easily.

Not going to post all the screen shots but I'm getting 1x800 from McFarland, Cottage Grove, Monona and others cycling through my Signalcheck just in my own neighborhood. What's going on? Are these real? Excited for the acceptance reports today.

Poof and like that it's gone. Now I'm on EV-DO not eHRPD? Hopefully this continues today.

Update: tower by Camp Randall is spewing 1x800 and I picked up LTE on Monroe, which is notoriously a dead zone.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

This is what I'm grabbing from the park bank tower, not seen LTE though...would i be seeing 1x800 if that tower wasn't upgraded yet? 9wrcDcH.png

I'm wondering if you are getting the 800 from the Sun Prairie tower.  I got nothing this morning on my commute into Madison.  I actually lost signal on 151 south in that area.  I don't know how the whole tower ID # works though...so it might be the park bank tower...who knows