Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Going to try and get some more purple on the map a little more inland on the lower east side. Wish me luck.

Nice. I think I'm going to head over to the Miller Park area and try to do some sensorly mapping after work today. 

Soooooo my mapping was kind of unsuccessful. My 4G ended around prospect and ogden, which is exactly where it ended already on the map. I was pretty disappointed because I only live a couple blocks from there... BUT 4G was detected several times in short bursts at my apartment. I managed to get a speed test in, but got 0 up and 0 down. So I'm sure they are testing a tower near by. I can get the tower's coords, but I can't figure out how to copy/paste from LTE discovery. There has to be a way. I may have to resort to actually writing them down :o

Soooooo my mapping was kind of unsuccessful. My 4G ended around prospect and ogden, which is exactly where it ended already on the map. I was pretty disappointed because I only live a couple blocks from there... BUT 4G was detected several times in short bursts at my apartment. I managed to get a speed test in, but got 0 up and 0 down. So I'm sure they are testing a tower near by. I can get the tower's coords, but I can't figure out how to copy/paste from LTE discovery. There has to be a way. I may have to resort to actually writing them down :o

That's disappointing...  I literally need one extra block to reach my apartment!

That's disappointing... I literally need one extra block to reach my apartment!

No worries my friend, it's coming. I locked on to a different 4G tower, they were testing, at my apartment that is past ogden.

Another thing you will all probably find funny, is that I guess USC's 4G has gotten significantly worse in the last couple of days due to Sprints rollout on the lake front. :P

USC? US Cellular?

Another thing you will all probably find funny, is that I guess USC's 4G has gotten significantly worse in the last couple of days due to Sprints rollout on the lake front. :P

How are they related?  US Cellular has AWS and 700 spectrum to deploy LTE on.

How are they related?  US Cellular has AWS and 700 spectrum to deploy LTE on.

It's because all the USC subscribers are trying to run faster Speedtest's to show up the Sprint users....which is not goin to happen...LoL

I really hate Speedtest.  If people really cripple a network because they are running Speed tests in the middle of a city, they are jerks.

Completely understandable. I just wish there was a way to lower the bandwidth required to run them. I mean, its in the very nature of people to want to know what kind of speeds they should expect considering how unreliable historical speeds have been. I usually run a speedtest if i am in a new area and have issues streaming google music. Maybe im one of the few people that likes to know what im dealing with technology wise. Obviously i would be more cautious if i had a limited bandwidth plan on another carrier. It's the abusers you have to watch out for...running multiple speedtests..daily!

Completely understandable. I just wish there was a way to lower the bandwidth required to run them. I mean, its in the very nature of people to want to know what kind of speeds they should expect considering how unreliable historical speeds have been. I usually run a speedtest if i am in a new area and have issues streaming google music. Maybe im one of the few people that likes to know what im dealing with technology wise. Obviously i would be more cautious if i had a limited bandwidth plan on another carrier. It's the abusers you have to watch out for...running multiple speedtests..daily!

I hijacked the thread ranting on a pet peeve, sorry.  I think a major issue is that speedtest has become so popular even for people who aren't geeks.  It's also become the first thing to do when someone gets LTE. /rant

On another note, are the Baraboo towers in the Milaukee or Minnesota markets?

On another note, are the Baraboo towers in the Milaukee or Minnesota markets?

Actually, North Wisconsin, which is separate from both Milwaukee & Minnesota.

Oops, actually at the north end of the Milwaukee market.

• Like 1

A little look on the bright side. 

I don't think there will be much complaining about how bad the network is in Milwaukee while they are fixing it----how much worse could it be than normal.   

Speaking of that.... I was on my way home to Greenfield from Waukesha, and I lost my data connection. Signal strength was fluctuating, but I had no data from like Hwy 164 all the way to Moorland Rd. There's a cell site on a building where i94 and Hwy18 / Brookfield Rd meet. Usually that one is pretty reliable and has speeds near 1-2 Mbps. I didn't see any new panels on the roof, but hopefully the issues mean they're working on it! 

I also did some sensorly mapping around Miller Park. By the time I got off work, there was already a ton more purple on the map than there was this morning. It's funny how quickly the Sprint fan club is out there mapping the LTE coverage. We're so loyal :)

We Are loyal because after everything we stuck it out and know we will have it all in 6 months with unlimited data and no throttling……while everyone I know is mad because if they upgrade to a new phone they must sign a new contract and loose their unlimited data

We Are loyal because after everything we stuck it out and know we will have it all in 6 months with unlimited data and no throttling……while everyone I know is mad because if they upgrade to a new phone they must sign a new contract and loose their unlimited data

So true. Been with Sprint for 12 years. I really hope they don't go in that direction once LTE is up and running nationwide.

• Like 1

So true. Been with Sprint for 12 years. I really hope they don't go in that direction once LTE is up and running nationwide.

Rest easy. Sprint will not be scrapping unlimited in the near future. SoftBank is also known for their unlimited data. And it's Sprint's big differentiator from the duopoly. ;)

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 3

Yea, the way Softbank was so successful in Japan was by upgrading their network and cutting prices (and being the only carrier with the iphone for a while). But I get the feeling Sprint will have the most competitive prices and continually upgrading their network with LTE Advance using Clearwire's spectrum and all. It's going to be worth it.

Rest easy. Sprint will not be scrapping unlimited in the near future. SoftBank is also known for their unlimited data. And it's Sprint's big differentiator from the duopoly. ;)

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

thank you for the assurance. I've been a pretty happy sprint customer regardless. But its nice to know, sticking it out through the tough times will be worth it. I didn't want to get of the Hone Bridge today with that wonderful LTE signal :)

• Like 1