Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I am down doing some work on the Summerfest grounds today and just finished Sensorly mapping the grounds. The Amphitheater and south side of the grounds is ok. North side of the grounds, well maybe tomorrow.

Sent from my Supercharged Megawatt NoteII

The engineers must want 4G at Estabrook Beer Garden for their after work rest/drinking :)

That might be a good place for a 4G nutcase meetup since that should be live (though a bit of a drive for our Madison friends...) :)

This is so awesome. We got another LTE tower in the Shorewood / Whitefish Bay area and also one in Franklin. It's like every other day we're seeing a new LTE tower pop up. 

Where in Franklin? I can go test it out as im headed back home in like 30mins...

It's kind of near the House of Corrections, where my dad works :)

But if you make a donation to this site and become a sponsor, then you'll get access to the completed sites map where you can see every completed LTE, and 3g upgraded site that pops up. I check that map every day!

Got a little bit of Franklin mapped on my lunch break. Heading S on 51st I picked up LTE Just north of Drexel. I continued south on 51st to Puetz and headed west. Was picking up LTE to just about 76th. I will take the long way home, then planning on some walking-mapping on the lower east side this evening. 

Got a little bit of Franklin mapped on my lunch break. Heading S on 51st I picked up LTE Just north of Drexel. I continued south on 51st to Puetz and headed west. Was picking up LTE to just about 76th. I will take the long way home, then planning on some walking-mapping on the lower east side this evening. 

Nice! I can see it on there already. Now I bet by the time I can get over there after work (4:45ish) there will already be a big chunk of it mapped. I gotta stop being such a nerd, sensorly mapping gets a little expensive for me cuz I'm driving a '97 Mustang GT. I need to get my winter car out for this kind of stuff (Rusted out '91 Toyota Corolla!!!)

I would also add an observation I had. In this one experience, LTE appeared to last/propagate a bit longer than the voice signal. I thought my mapping would have ended just east of 76th because my indicator had gone to 'R' (I do not have Signal Check installed). But I must have stayed on LTE for data but switched to roaming for voice and held that signal a bit west of 76th.

I ran one speedtest while on Puetz, which was ~11Mbps down / ~1.5Mbps up with 49ms ping.

Any confirmed reports of 800SMR in our market? My battery is begging for it! LOL I get such terrible signal at work I need to charge for the whole afternoon. 

Well, won't there be another round of LTE upgrades going on when Sprint moves to LTE Advanced? Then we can all stick around here and watch LTE Advanced get deployed throughout the country! 

Sprint's equipment is LTE-A ready, I believe once they are ready for it, it's more of a software upgrade rather than swapping equipment, so it should be a fairly easy upgrade. At least that's how I understand it. 

I've been lurking in this forum for a while but have not posted. I, as everyone else here, have been patiently and painfully awaiting the LTE roll out here in the Milwaukee market for quite some time. 

I've been working at one of my companies locations near Miller Park for the past couple days and have had LTE pop up on Signalcheck pro, but my radio never switched over to it. I believe the tower is right by Hawley and I-94.This afternoon we grabbed lunch at Fridays Front Row in Miller Park and I was very excited to see my phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) switch over to 4G! I was entertaining vendors, so not to be rude I did not bury myself in the phone and run speed tests (although I certainly wanted to). I did have Sensorly running, but also see on the maps that folks have mapped that area out already. Anyone going to the games in the next few days should give an update to let us know if you have 4G for the game.

Now if they would only light up Hartford...they are so close with Slinger. I'm further from the highway so my hopes are not up too much. However, a couple weeks ago I did see that my cell site out here went Ehrpd for a short time, but it is back to EvdoA. Speeds are abysmal out here and have been for quite some time.

Question on anyone using Signalcheck. Have any of you had it cache a LTE signal after leaving an area. I have noticed that it does that for me. After driving home it still shows an LTE signal that it grabbed in Slinger. It stays even after a data reset. A reboot clears it. Could be a bug with it or with the ROM I am running (CM10.1 RC5). I probably should shoot a note out to the developer.

Exciting times for those of us that have hung in there!

Edited by toweringq

Well I mapped out quite a bit of Franklin after work. Got a quite a bit considering I have not actively done that before and I'm not too familiar with that area. You have to zoom in almost to the closest level to see all of the trails. Signal goes west of 76th all the way east to 27th, as far north as Rawson and south (probably a bit farther even) to 8 Mile Rd.

What is extremely encouraging to me is that the LTE footprint seems to extend quite a bit farther than the 1X/voice footprint in this area. Many times I had ZERO and/or roaming voice signal but was still mapping LTE. If that improvement comes just from the new equipment, I can't imagine how good we'll have it with 800!

Well I mapped out quite a bit of Franklin after work. Got a quite a bit considering I have not actively done that before and I'm not too familiar with that area. You have to zoom in almost to the closest level to see all of the trails. Signal goes west of 76th all the way east to 27th, as far north as Rawson and south (probably a bit farther even) to 8 Mile Rd.

What is extremely encouraging to me is that the LTE footprint seems to extend quite a bit farther than the 1X/voice footprint in this area. Many times I had ZERO and/or roaming voice signal but was still mapping LTE. If that improvement comes just from the new equipment, I can't imagine how good we'll have it with 800!

Ah! That was you! I got down there around 6 or 6:30 and saw there was a bunch more purple than this morning. I mapped a bunch too, the little streets in and around the business park, also some apartment complex's street :)  BUT I also went above and beyond and parked at the milwaukee sports complex and walked a mile and a half on the Oak Leaf trail and mapped LTE too. I figured I'd exercise and map LTE at the same time! 

I will be anxiously awaiting the next LTE tower that pops up!!

I've been lurking in this forum for a while but have not posted. I, as everyone else here, have been patiently and painfully awaiting the LTE roll out here in the Milwaukee market for quite some time. 

I've been working at one of my companies locations near Miller Park for the past couple days and have had LTE pop up on Signalcheck pro, but my radio never switched over to it. I believe the tower is right by Hawley and I-94.This afternoon we grabbed lunch at Fridays Front Row in Miller Park and I was very excited to see my phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) switch over to 4G! I was entertaining vendors, so not to be rude I did not bury myself in the phone and run speed tests (although I certainly wanted to). I did have Sensorly running, but also see on the maps that folks have mapped that area out already. Anyone going to the games in the next few days should give an update to let us know if you have 4G for the game.

Now if they would only light up Hartford...they are so close with Slinger. I'm further from the highway so my hopes are not up too much. However, a couple weeks ago I did see that my cell site out here went Ehrpd for a short time, but it is back to EvdoA. Speeds are abysmal out here and have been for quite some time.

Question on anyone using Signalcheck. Have any of you had it cache a LTE signal after leaving an area. I have noticed that it does that for me. After driving home it still shows an LTE signal that it grabbed in Slinger. It stays even after a data reset. A reboot clears it. Could be a bug with it or with the ROM I am running (CM10.1 RC5). I probably should shoot a note out to the developer.

Exciting times for those of us that have hung in there!

I've had that happen. I think if EV-DO signal is stronger than LTE, and the LTE signal is below a certain threshold, it will grab EV-DO because it's more reliable at that point, but you'll still see a weak LTE signal on SignalCheck Pro. 

Ah! That was you! I got down there around 6 or 6:30 and saw there was a bunch more purple than this morning. I mapped a bunch too, the little streets in and around the business park, also some apartment complex's street :)  BUT I also went above and beyond and parked at the milwaukee sports complex and walked a mile and a half on the Oak Leaf trail and mapped LTE too. I figured I'd exercise and map LTE at the same time! 

I will be anxiously awaiting the next LTE tower that pops up!!

I noticed the purple on the trail when I got home and thought, I should have done that! I pulled up to the sports complex but just came right back out.

Initially I had only intended to map the west-east corridor along Ryan but I quickly became a nerd and burned over an hour and a gallon or so of gas before I decided, I need to go home, it's past my happy hour! :D

I have noticed that the LTE signal can extend fat beyond my GS3's ability to reply to the tower. At the edge of a towers signal range a speed test frequently shows 4-5mbps download and then fails on the upload with a network error.

any news on madison west side?  I see east is getting it setup and even some downtown.

I live in Middleton and work on old sauk rd right off of the beltline (far west Madison) No lte signal as of yet. I'm running lte discovery on my way to work once a week. I get full bars at the office which is great considering I work on the 8th floor.

I would be a liar if I told you I was not slightly irritated knowing the Madison area was the first area in the Milwaukee market that Sprint began lte work, and now Milwaukee has been getting an explosion of lte around the city out of nowhere the last few days, and Madison has no new activity from a month ago when they started minimum work here. However, congrats for the members on this site who live in Milwaukee

Is it me or have you guys noticed that when the connection optimizer is on the 4g connection holds better.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

What is this connection optimizer you speak of?