Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Is it me or have you guys noticed that when the connection optimizer is on the 4g connection holds better.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

What is this connection optimizer you speak of?

Go to settings / mobile data then click on automatic connections

Do you mean in the Preferred Network Mode, instead of leaving it at LTE/CDMA, change it to Automatic? That's the only spot in there where I see an option for Automatic. I've got the HTC One though, is it different on the Evo?

I live in Middleton and work on old sauk rd right off of the beltline (far west Madison) No lte signal as of yet. I'm running lte discovery on my way to work once a week. I get full bars at the office which is great considering I work on the 8th floor.

I would be a liar if I told you I was not slightly irritated knowing the Madison area was the first area in the Milwaukee market that Sprint began lte work, and now Milwaukee has been getting an explosion of lte around the city out of nowhere the last few days, and Madison has no new activity from a month ago when they started minimum work here. However, congrats for the members on this site who live in Milwaukee

The feelings were mutual from us Milwaukeeans at the beginning of the roll out when 4G was springing up in Madison but not Milwaukee. It's our turn to sip from delicious nectar that is 4G :P

The feelings were mutual from us Milwaukeeans at the beginning of the roll out when 4G was springing up in Madison but not Milwaukee. It's our turn to sip from delicious nectar that is 4G :P

Yea, plus I'd hardly say that 5/6 LTE towers is an "explosion". If that's the case, I'm hoping for a nuclear LTE deployment in Milwaukee :)

I live in Middleton and work on old sauk rd right off of the beltline (far west Madison) No lte signal as of yet. I'm running lte discovery on my way to work once a week. I get full bars at the office which is great considering I work on the 8th floor.

I would be a liar if I told you I was not slightly irritated knowing the Madison area was the first area in the Milwaukee market that Sprint began lte work, and now Milwaukee has been getting an explosion of lte around the city out of nowhere the last few days, and Madison has no new activity from a month ago when they started minimum work here. However, congrats for the members on this site who live in Milwaukee

well to be honest, there are actually quite a few sites around Madison that are set up.  I checked out the towers in sun Prairie last night and one near the 90-94 interchange and did some mapping on sensorly.  There are also ones down in mcfarland and oregon that are done. they have been popping up all over the place here in the last week. few more weeks and I'm guessing you'll start seeing it in and around Madison proper.

Do you mean in the Preferred Network Mode, instead of leaving it at LTE/CDMA, change it to Automatic? That's the only spot in there where I see an option for Automatic. I've got the HTC One though, is it different on the Evo?

I don't know how the One is set up, anyway I originally thought this feature was useless, now I see that it remembers anywhere I picked up a 4g signal and when I am in that area again it will automatically connect to 4g.

You slackers in Madison need to step up your game on the sensorly mapping. Us Milwaukee folk are all over it. WIthin 24 hours of a new LTE tower, nearly all the streets around it are mapped on sensorly. I think the Franklin one is completely mapped already, like literally every road around there.

• Like 2

Actually, you did say in... (runs away laughing maniacally)

sigh. O.o

Hey hey hey. I don't live IN Milwaukee. I live in the suburbs outside of Milwaukee, but I still made the trek to the north side to do some mapping, and over to Hartford and Franklin!

I still have yet to find any 4G signal in any purple area. 

You need to do a PRL update first. Then once you get to an area you KNOW has LTE, turn on airplane mode for at least 10 seconds, then turn it off. Your phone will search for 3g and LTE signals and you should find one.

• Like 1

well to be honest, there are actually quite a few sites around Madison that are set up.  I checked out the towers in sun Prairie last night and one near the 90-94 interchange and did some mapping on sensorly.  There are also ones down in mcfarland and oregon that are done. they have been popping up all over the place here in the last week. few more weeks and I'm guessing you'll start seeing it in and around Madison proper.

I was referring to lte within Madison city limits. Sitting in my car this morning on old sauk rd before work, I decided to run lte discovery mode app on my gs3. I noticed the network reverted from ehrpd down to evdo rev-a. It was like that all day. If I correctly recall from the comments on this thread, falling down to rev-a is a precursor to lte.

No, that statement is not correct. 

I should clairify. I understand rev-a is a 3g technology.  When lte work is happening on a tower ehrpd is not available due to the equipment upgrade, so it falls back on rev-a. Weeks before lte came live in Milwaukee, people were reporting rev-a on a lot of towers. I noticed the same on the few Madison towers that are now lte live. Does that sound more accurate?

• Like 1

So I went to summerfest tonight, saw diplo, danced like crazy, kept my eye on my phone way too much. Never saw a blip of LTE. Earlier in the week it was all around the summerfest grounds. Today it was nonexistent. Ymmv.

So I went to summerfest tonight, saw diplo, danced like crazy, kept my eye on my phone way too much. Never saw a blip of LTE. Earlier in the week it was all around the summerfest grounds. Today it was nonexistent. Ymmv.

Funny, I was there and when I checked my phone (for the time... I wanted to catch a show at Harley-Davisdon stage) and I had LTE. Didn't check it much before or after.

A ) Jealous! I work too damn early and somehow missed that Diplo was on the schedule! Oh well...

B ) I did walk down for the fireworks, pretty much a 'purple' area for my entire walk, and a 'very purple' area where I stopped to observe the fireworks and I could not get 4G to save my life. I must have toggled about 50 times. I was having a hard time even connecting to 3G, most of the time I was reverting to 1X. I guess it's just a sign of how very immature the LTE network is in our area. I seem to have pretty terrible service anywhere I go lately, which I guess could be a sign that work is going on all around us and towers will start popping left and right (Let's hope  :tu: )

Edited by theg00ds0n