Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Getting full bars on 4g, never had full bars on 3g...When they are finished with the work, sprint network is gonna be good...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

If you are running stock android phone then those bars are your 1x. Unless you have the signal check app.

Looks like all the updates from todays post are all 3G updates. Nice to see all the purple on the map.

They are all around Lake Geneva area. I'm having problems updating the map. Google Drive is having problems.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

They are all around Lake Geneva area. I'm having problems updating the map. Google Drive is having problems.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was in Lake Geneva last weekend, and had terrible service. Now I know why!

Greetings. Today I mapped a previously unmapped area in downtown Milwauke (McKinley Ave exit on 43N to 6th street).  I noticed it showed up on Sensorly tonight, but its a very light purple (no bars). What does that mean exactly?  Does it mean it was a strong enough signal for my phone use it, but just not strong enough to provide data?  My apologies if this was a silly question, but I'm curious to how that all works.  Thx guys

dschoenike

Got LTE practically the whole way down 794 this morning on my way to work, then when I came home in the evening it was gone. 

Guess they're still testing stuff, but it's certainly a good sign :D

Went to summerfest today with 3/4 battery and within few hours my phone got warm and battery was dead. Service needs to improve by lake.

I've gone to Summerfest grounds 3 times now and  NO 4G magic.   I've been within sight of a sprint tower that appears to have been upgraded (3 connections into the panels) and no 4G love. 

I've gone to Summerfest grounds 3 times now and NO 4G magic. I've been within sight of a sprint tower that appears to have been upgraded (3 connections into the panels) and no 4G love.

Some guys have all the luck...

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I too was at Summerfest last night, primarily at the Marcus Ampitheater and I had 4g popping up on my HTC One between 8:15p and 11:30p.  No real amounts of data were able to be transferred.  I had one burst the whole time that allowed some data through.

I couldnt send a text message or do anything data wise.  Could not get any 3g data either.  Pretty frustrating.

I too was at Summerfest last night, primarily at the Marcus Ampitheater and I had 4g popping up on my HTC One between 8:15p and 11:30p.  No real amounts of data were able to be transferred.  I had one burst the whole time that allowed some data through.

I couldnt send a text message or do anything data wise.  Could not get any 3g data either.  Pretty frustrating.

Well, I'm sure there are hundreds, if not a thousand or two people trying to connect to that one LTE tower that's near the summerfest grounds. Once they actually get LTE strapped onto a few more towers in that area, the coverage, speeds, and quality will be better. It's still very early in the Milwaukee deployment. I'm just glad they're letting us all connect to the towers as they get completed!

Summerfest congestion could explain why I didn't get any 4G, end even lost EV-DO for a while, on my way home that way last night. 

On my way to work in the morning yesterday I had good 4G signal on the Hoan Bridge going right over the Summerfest grounds. 

My fone has found 1x800! In burlington wi. More near the lyons side. Don't know wat tower but my mom just got an airave a week ago and now it will be pointless lol! XD

Alright, i am at work and the following happened. (using signal check pro)

1. I usually get -93 to -105 signal at my work

2. Ive been on eHRPD for the last 4-6 months

3. I was walking in the building and noticed i was on EvDO with -88 signal

4. Toggled Airplane mode quickly to check for LTE

5. Signal locked on to eHRPD again...but the signal was -77 dbm!

6. Signal dropped back to -98 a few seconds later

It sounds like a tower is being upgraded that is near to my work. I work at St. Lukes on 27th & Oklahoma.

I'm spending the next 3 nights in Chicago, excited to see the awesomeness that is (near) fully deployed NV+800! There will be huge crowds so it will be interesting to see how the post NV network handles the traffic. 

Alright, i am at work and the following happened. (using signal check pro)

1. I usually get -93 to -105 signal at my work

2. Ive been on eHRPD for the last 4-6 months

3. I was walking in the building and noticed i was on EvDO with -88 signal

4. Toggled Airplane mode quickly to check for LTE

5. Signal locked on to eHRPD again...but the signal was -77 dbm!

6. Signal dropped back to -98 a few seconds later

It sounds like a tower is being upgraded that is near to my work. I work at St. Lukes on 27th & Oklahoma.

It's been three days since the same thing happend when I was at work. I'ts been 3 days and still on ehrpd. Hope we're just waiting for Sprint to accept the site.

I'm spending the next 3 nights in Chicago, excited to see the awesomeness that is (near) fully deployed NV+800! There will be huge crowds so it will be interesting to see how the post NV network handles the traffic. 

The parade is almost always a complete disaster; I don't think I've ever been able to actually make a call or use data during it. I'll be curious as to your experience with NV.

The parade is almost always a complete disaster; I don't think I've ever been able to actually make a call or use data during it. I'll be curious as to your experience with NV.

Yeah I've done the parade quite a few times, the last one being in 2010 and I could not believe how big the crowds have gotten. If there ever was a test for a mobile network, 500,000+ people occupying a relatively small number of city blocks, I don't know what is? It will be interesting to see!

• Like 1