Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

yeah i got a text saying in the coming months LTE will be complete in this area and we will have spark and HD voice i say hell yeah but i think its wishful thinking to have spark rolled out here in a couple months i'd say around july august spark will be in full swing around here 

Well I didn't get a lock on lte by meijers on Colerain but 3g is usable now! The last test I uploaded was. .00 this time it hit 1mbps!

uploadfromtaptalk1390757404602.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

yeah i got a text saying in the coming months LTE will be complete in this area and we will have spark and HD voice i say hell yeah but i think its wishful thinking to have spark rolled out here in a couple months i'd say around july august spark will be in full swing around here 

i was told that it helps 4G LTE

was you inside a building or outside... where was you when you picked it up

I was driving down Colerain Ave from 275 to Galbraith. The speed test I posted was from inside my house.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

did it specifically say spark and hd, I received only a generic text saying the network would mostly be completed in the next month, for Hamilton

Just received a txt from Sprint.

"SrintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area."

This is in reference to the Fairfield, OH area.

did it specifically say spark and hd, I received only a generic text saying the network would mostly be completed in the next month, for Hamilton

That text went out to almost every Sprint subscriber. Even ones who no longer live in a Sprint coverage area. The consensus is it is just marketing, and doesn't mean much. Don't get expectations up too much.

We know that work is pretty far along in Ohio, however the fact that the text went out to pretty much everyone means it has little to do with the actual state of your network, and has more to do with keeping subscribers.

Once the weather improves a bit, and crews get to get out there and do some work, we should start to see clusters of NV sites coming online soon in Cincinnati and surrounding areas.

Robert got the text too.... in South Dakota ... where he's had his billing address listed for some time. Where there is no Sprint network.

I know the messages are fairly generic, that's why i asked if his directly said spark and hd as he stated, that part caught me off guard because I assumed they were as you said

Ahh. The link in the text talks about HD voice and Spark. That's probably why he said that.

• Like 1

I'm sitting in my car giving my girlfriend's car a jump on the westbound 275 ramp to Hamilton ave and got band 41 without going into LTE only mode. Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Didn't even know band 41 was live yet in Ohio

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Former Clearwire (Wimax) sites in Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland are all being upgrade to band 41 TD-LTE. Many are all ready complete and a large percentage of the remaining sites will be done in the next 3 months....

• Like 4

Didn't even know band 41 was live yet in Ohio

Former Clearwire (Wimax) sites in Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland are all being upgrade to band 41 TD-LTE. Many are all ready complete and a large percentage of the remaining sites will be done in the next 3 months....

for more information on what sites have been upgraded to band 41/26 you will need to upgrade your sponsorship to premier there are ALOT of things happening in Cincinnati  

• Like 3

for more information on what sites have been upgraded to band 41/26 you will need to upgrade your sponsorship to premier there are ALOT of things happening in Cincinnati

Yes was actually going to upgrade next week. Can't wait to see what's going on.

• Like 1

Just received a txt from Sprint.

"SrintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area."

This is in reference to the Fairfield, OH area.

I got the same message days ago. I still have the EVO 3D which is doing ok but just wondering how long wimax will be around in the cincinnati area.

Any tri-band lte phones coming to sprint soon?

Edited by atg284

there are already a few tri band phones the galaxy s4t the galaxy maga the galaxy mini the new nexus phone i think its called the nexus 5 

I got the same message days ago. I still have the EVO 3D which is doing ok but just wondering how long wimax will be around in the cincinnati area.

Any tri-band lte phones coming to sprint soon?

Current triband phones on sprint

Nexus 5 (Needs software update to support Band 26 and 41)

LG G2

LG Flex (coming this week)

HTC One Max

Samsung Galaxy S4 Triband edition

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Samsung Galaxy Mega 

Dont think I missed any, but if I did, anybody can chime in to add to the ever growing list.