Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Just at the sprint store in tricounty. Of course none of their spark phones had lte. Of course the note 3 was working. I talked to the rep about the signal issues and he said that they are working on the 3g side of things first should be done first quarter 2014. Then working on the 1900 by end of 2nd quarter 2014.. I dont think it will ever get done... oh and he said 30% of towers are upgraded to 800 but wont turn on until the 1900 is complete. Not sure what this info is worth...

sounds like he is quoting our site 30% of the cincinnati market is upgraded to NV equipment 5% LTE 1900 

Just at the sprint store in tricounty. Of course none of their spark phones had lte. Of course the note 3 was working. I talked to the rep about the signal issues and he said that they are working on the 3g side of things first should be done first quarter 2014. Then working on the 1900 by end of 2nd quarter 2014.. I dont think it will ever get done... oh and he said 30% of towers are upgraded to 800 but wont turn on until the 1900 is complete. Not sure what this info is worth...

Cincinnati

NV Sites Accepted = 30%

LTE Sites Accepted = 5%
Anticipated LTE Launch = TBD

Original Scheduled Completion = Q2 2014
Current Production Rate Completion = August 2014

sounds a lot like what he said with some guess work in there as he probably forgot the details 

I dont think it will ever get done...

Yes, you are right. You discovered the secret. Sprint plans to let Network Vision deployment linger in the Queen City until the Sun goes red giant and engulfs the Earth.

Cincinnati thread, you have been warned multiple times. Do you want to be productive? Or do you want to be banned? Your choice...

AJ

• Like 3

I hope either productive post or banning come sooner rather than later. It's beyond annoying to get notifications on my phone just so I can read some tired post rife with little girl whining.

I've actually gone through the trouble of visiting sites, taking pictures and posting them in the in progress thread so they'd be marked on the sponsor maps. I've posted about towers being upgraded here in this thread, as have a few others.

Progress is happening. But some people, instead of helping out by staking out their local towers and taking pics, want to bore everyone else to tears with their crying.

It's really enough already.

The fact of the matter is that Cincinnati is a later round market.  Compounding that, it is a Motorola legacy infrastructure market, and Motorola does not play nicely with Samsung.  As such, Cincinnati is going to be near the back of the line.

The sad part is that much of the bitching and moaning is coming from sponsors.  Now, S4GRU appreciates the financial support, but along with that support comes access to privileged information.  Sponsors have a responsibility then to do their due diligence.  We have been fully forthright about Cincinnati and other markets (e.g. I am talking to you, Phoenix) lagging behind the earlier round markets.  The info is there -- sponsors should not act surprised or disappointed by the results.

So, in the end, sponsors can weigh their priorities and make up their own minds.  S4GRU is not a Sprint recruitment nor retention web site.  Anyone who thinks that the grass is greener on the other side with another provider, go try it out.  But staying and whining about your current plight does nothing constructive.

AJ

• Like 3

Yes, you are right. You discovered the secret. Sprint plans to let Network Vision deployment linger in the Queen City until the Sun goes red giant and engulfs the Earth.

Cincinnati thread, you have been warned multiple times. Do you want to be productive? Or do you want to be banned? Your choice...

AJ

Not sure why this one line was taken from my post and

Scrutinized. I apologize to those I offended may have exaggerated...I have only been waiting 4 years what's another....

Not sure why this one line was taken from my post and

Scrutinized. I apologize to those I offended may have exaggerated...I have only been waiting 4 years what's another....

Have you read over the Cincinnati thread the past two weeks?  Did you notice that it was already shut down once during that span?  Can you appreciate that your passive aggressive attitude is not helping matters?

AJ

• Like 2

If any sponsors (Premier or Standard) in the market are interested in starting a Spreadsheet and Map for your market (Like Columbus') let me know.

It does require having a team of 3-4 dedicated sponsors that have an excitement for doing it otherwise the work put into it becomes pointless.

The Columbus market has taken time to build ours properly and it now allows us to understand how 90% of our market stands. It removes the ideas that nothing is being done in the market.

Hope a team takes the opportunity. Stay Classy Cincinnati.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

If any sponsors (Premier or Standard) in the market are interested in starting a Spreadsheet and Map for your market (Like Columbus') let me know. It does require having a team of 3-4 dedicated sponsors that have an excitement for doing it otherwise the work put into it becomes pointless. The Columbus market has taken time to build ours properly and it now allows us to understand how 90% of our market stands. It removes the ideas that nothing is being done in the market. Hope a team takes the opportunity. Stay Classy Cincinnati. Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I've looked into doing it, but I'm limitied to what I can dig up and find having an iPhone

I've looked into doing it, but I'm limitied to what I can dig up and find having an iPhone

I guess I can get some info looking at the Columbus sheet again even having an iPhone.  I know confirming 800 I can't do, because every time I'm around towers that have 800 live, I'm still connecting 1900 even with a shotty signal (-106 db and worse)

The iPhone provides you everything you need, you just can't map. Get three people to be dedicated and I'll get you all started.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I can help out as well, but that puts all three of us in the Dayton area only, but to a wide coverage of Dayton would be possible with the 3 of us.  el1117 is N/NW of Dayton, Chaddy is S/SE and I am S/SW of Dayton.....we all have done some site investigation over in the Dayton OH permit thread in the sponsor sections.  Not sure about anyone else, but I don't get down to Cincy very often to be able to check things out.....although I am headed there for Redsfest tomorrow!

I'm willing to help out but I will warn you guys now that I won't have very much time to commit to it. I work 65-70 hours per week. I live on the west side of Cincinnati and work downtown and in Covington so anything you need in those areas I will try to squeeze in the time to provide the info for you

I know we have all complained or thought of complaining at one point.... But I saw "climbers" on two towers yesterday......I appreciate my job a bit more.....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1386764727312.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1386764744928.jpg

Which towers are those?

The left tower is (I-70 Right by Indiana) - Appears that they are installing wireless backhaul - site has been 3G/800 accepted.

The right tower is  (Richmond, IN) - Appears that they are running the new cables to the top.