Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

i got my facts from sprints network dept and i have their number... plus from a sprint corporate store

instead of posting i'll just read the comments and it's not ignorace, now when you open this site move it til you see colerain

http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=cincinnati

it states we have 4G LTE and we don't 

There is 4G LTE. It's called TDD-LTE Band 41 which your Galaxy S3 cannot not access as it's a single band FDD-LTE 1900 only device but those with Triband Spark devices can with LTE only mode due to eCSFB issues.

Ohio markets must be launched in clusters due to Samsung to Motorola hard handoffs. Once the NV 3G side has been integrated (weeks to months away as every single site must be completely upgraded in order for a cluster to fire up) any spark devices will be able to connect to TDD-LTE Band 41 from existing former Clearwire sites. A single band LTE device like yours must wait for Network Vision equipment to have backhaul available and for LTE to be fired up in order to access 4G LTE. 

• Like 5

None of the towers are csfb compatible. Since we are in a Samsung market this will take longer?? I have the lg g2 triband and have forced late but no go on colerain

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I have a question, what is the difference in equipment with the clear 4g and the 4g lte?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDD-LTE vs fdd-lte and band 25/26 vs band 41. Also different cell site locations 60+% of the time. Different vendors and equipment as well in many markets due to Clearwire own deployment.

Sent from my Nexus 5

yeah clear hows alot of its own towers and own deployment even when the site is co-located there may be clear upgrades but sprint still has legacy equipment like the colerain area and no triband phone will work without the CSFB being on all the towers in that area and that won't happen till samsung upgrades the tower and the legacy equipment is taken out IE (4g only sites won't have CSFB) as you are still connecting to legacy equipment for voice and text  

i heard they are getting rid of wimax

They are getting rid of WiMax at the end of 2015.  But the sites will stay and broadcast Sprint's Band 41 LTE from them.

Robert

thanks robert,, my S III is a dual band 800 and 1,900 and wimax that's what a sprint rep told me

STOP LISTENING TO SPRINT REPS! Clearly they are not giving you correct info or you aren't paying attention.

The Epic Touch, known as the Galaxy S2, was the last phone Sprint released that could use WiMax. This was in 2011. Your S3 100000% for sure doesn't have the hardware to pickup anything other than 1900 for 1X, 3G, and LTE (band 25), and 800 for voice.

I really miss the days of MIRC so I could slap you with a fish.....

• Like 5

I've posted this before, and someone will accuse me of working for them, but I signed up for freedom pop and bought a $25 refurb Wimax hotspot. 500mb free every month or 2gb for 18 bucks, no contract. G2 works really well with it even downtown. There is no way I could still be with sprint without a hotspot or an old Wimax phone.

I've posted this before, and someone will accuse me of working for them, but I signed up for freedom pop and bought a $25 refurb Wimax hotspot. 500mb free every month or 2gb for 18 bucks, no contract. G2 works really well with it even downtown. There is no way I could still be with sprint without a hotspot or an old Wimax phone.

sad we need to resort to another device to get a data connection..but I may go that route since if my wife and I leave the house and stay in the area we can't use our phones to send or receive MMS or get emails....

The G2 may definitely be a temporary fix for data issues in the large cities (Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland) that are not fully LTE launched yet. I've found that speeds in Columbus on TDD-LTE towers are quite high.

There are guys up on the Sprint rack on the tower on Rt. 4 in Hamilton next to McDonalds. I posted pictures in the in progress thread a few days ago of sprint antennas on the ground under this tower. Looks like they'll be hoisting them up soon.

• Like 1

Wow. Signal bars, the spinning icon and lte all in one status bar. No thanks. Anyone know if there's a way to cut that down?

I only have the spinning 3g...pretty clean for now

uploadfromtaptalk1391819975235.jpg

Looks like the tower on mall road got upgraded as normal downloads were 12kbps now its 1.2mbps that is what I got at 18 and huston road

Is that the tower in front of toys r us on mall rd? I will have to check that out tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran into a crew last week up here in Richmond, I heard from both the contractor crew and a rep from Samsung that the "cutover"date to switch to the new backhaul was yesterday and that they were launching the "Cluster".  We have not seen any changes as of this morning.......anyone have knowledge of the process of bringing the "Cluster" up?  All the sites have all the equipment and backhaul installed.........Thanks!

• Like 2