Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

How are you "forcing" band 41? I can't get mine to switch from 3G.

5689#*980# go down menu and select IOT then System Selection and last Network Mode., choose LTE by it self

This only works on the g2

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

New user to the forums.  Greetings to my fellow SW Ohioans (and SE Indianians)!  I have a Moto X from Republic Wireless (an MVNO powered by Sprint).

Tower update:

Oxford (North) tower's 4G now since sometime between Feb 1-7. Towers in Gratis and East Oxford are not pushing 4G yet.   I'm also noticing that all along I-70 from Eaton to Dayton I got 4G service.  That includes Centerville/Miamisburg, OH.  Can't wait for Richmond  to come online.

Thanks to your reports, I will be installing Sensorly and Signal Check Pro onto my phone.

A few questions:

- I noticed that an active 4G connection can switch down to 3G, but not from 3G to 4G.  So if you are streaming a radio show and you get bumped to 3G, the connection will remain 3G until you quit using bandwidth.  Is this by design?

- Is there a way to tell whether a particular site will be going 800MHz (full Vision)?

- Is there any way to tell whether an iDEN site that has never broadcasted a CDMA signal will be upgraded?

- During the past couple months, has anyone noticed problems with 3G going in and out (making data usage nearly impossible for hours at a time)?  I had this problem just after Christmas and it seemed to be particular to certain areas of service.

:fingers: Well here is to hoping that tonight is the night that Richmond Indiana becomes part of the 4G community.  It would be a great Valentines gift as Sprint would finally show me that they do care and love me.   BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...wait...what was the question?  :lol:

• Like 2

:fingers: Well here is to hoping that tonight is the night that Richmond Indiana becomes part of the 4G community.  It would be a great Valentines gift as Sprint would finally show me that they do care and love me.   BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...wait...what was the question?  :lol:

Another user (that you and I both know) and I, have noticed fresh tracks in the snow at several of our towers.  He noticed them inside the gates at a few sites. I wasn't able to take the time to check that far on mine, and it was dark and not easy to tell if they had been inside the gate.  I would venture to say things are about to change for us.  Looking forward to what tomorrow morning may bring, as the towers around us that have 3G/800/4G seem to have all gone live on a Friday night/Saturday morning.  :hmm:

• Like 1

Another user (that you and I both know) and I, have noticed fresh tracks in the snow at several of our towers.  He noticed them inside the gates at a few sites. I wasn't able to take the time to check that far on mine, and it was dark and not easy to tell if they had been inside the gate.  I would venture to say things are about to change for us.  Looking forward to what tomorrow morning may bring, as the towers around us that have 3G/800/4G seem to have all gone live on a Friday night/Saturday morning.  :hmm:

It has been a journey for sure!   Would be nice to wake up and see "4G" on my screen.

Here in Oxford, the tower N of town is operating on the "Second 800 MHZ" band class. Calls over it are sounding of lower quality (more digital/compressed/lower bandwidth) than the 1900 band.  Anyone else notice the lower quality voice?

Looks like some work has been done on the tower at SR744 & 503 in Sommerville. Don't recall seeing the top bracket on the antennae panels there...

this tower has been producing 4g along with 800 cdma for awhile now.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I ran into a crew last week up here in Richmond, I heard from both the contractor crew and a rep from Samsung that the "cutover"date to switch to the new backhaul was yesterday and that they were launching the "Cluster".  We have not seen any changes as of this morning.......anyone have knowledge of the process of bringing the "Cluster" up?  All the sites have all the equipment and backhaul installed.........Thanks!

Any update on your cluster launch?  We had a huge cluster launch in Columbus market this weekend.

• Like 1

I was receiving a lte signal on Millville ave. this morning between Washington and Ross ave. Hamilton getting some love!

Been like that for a while. It's just coming from one of the towers out near new mymammi or trenton.

I noticed some guys up at the tower at Bridgewater Falls (bypass 4 and 129). It wasn't clear what they were doing, no one on the tower but that was around 11am this morning. Hopefully they're working on sprint but there are quite a few carriers on that tower so until we see some antennas going up, no way to know.

Any update on your cluster launch?  We had a huge cluster launch in Columbus market this weekend.

I ran into a crew last week up here in Richmond, I heard from both the contractor crew and a rep from Samsung that the "cutover"date to switch to the new backhaul was yesterday and that they were launching the "Cluster".  We have not seen any changes as of this morning.......anyone have knowledge of the process of bringing the "Cluster" up?  All the sites have all the equipment and backhaul installed.........Thanks!

Nothing yet, but we have noticed tracks in the snow at various sites almost on a daily basis, and I ran into a tech at one tower this past Sunday who said he was there to "take pictures".  We have to be getting close.

Been like that for a while. It's just coming from one of the towers out near new mymammi or trenton.

I noticed some guys up at the tower at Bridgewater Falls (bypass 4 and 129). It wasn't clear what they were doing, no one on the tower but that was around 11am this morning. Hopefully they're working on sprint but there are quite a few carriers on that tower so until we see some antennas going up, no way to know.

I've noticed the speed has really gone down in that area over the past couple of weeks I find it nearly impossible to load anything

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

5689#*980# go down menu and select IOT then System Selection and last Network Mode., choose LTE by it self This only works on the g2 Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.  I was playing around with some of the setting was able to pull over 40 megs down on band 41 in Westwood/Cheviot.

• Like 2

1/2 of downtown has coverage according to Sensorly.

I'm pretty sure that was all mine from the weekend.  It is probably all band 41 LTE because I was playing around with the hidden menu settings of my G2.  There was an option called "UE Usage" that you can toggle between Voice Centric and Data Centric.  I switched it to Data Centric and I was able to hold LTE from exit 2 on 75S all the way to the Taco Bell in Covington, then across the bridge into downtown until I parked on 9th St.  

It was nice to be connected to LTE, but I found out that it won't let phone calls or texts through.  I could make calls and send texts, but incoming was not happening.  I guess it is because of the CFSB issues.

• Like 1

i2istudios wrote:

1/2 of downtown has coverage according to Sensorly.

I'm pretty sure that was all mine from the weekend. It is probably all band 41 LTE because I was playing around with the hidden menu settings of my G2. There was an option called "UE Usage" that you can toggle between Voice Centric and Data Centric. I switched it to Data Centric and I was able to hold LTE from exit 2 on 75S all the way to the Taco Bell in Covington, then across the bridge into downtown until I parked on 9th St.

It was nice to be connected to LTE, but I found out that it won't let phone calls or texts through. I could make calls and send texts, but incoming was not happening. I guess it is because of the CFSB issues.

You would be correct. Band 41 is available in a lot of places but the CFSB issue keeps or phones off of it without forcing it for the time being.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty sure that was all mine from the weekend. It is probably all band 41 LTE because I was playing around with the hidden menu settings of my G2. There was an option called "UE Usage" that you can toggle between Voice Centric and Data Centric. I switched it to Data Centric and I was able to hold LTE from exit 2 on 75S all the way to the Taco Bell in Covington, then across the bridge into downtown until I parked on 9th St.

It was nice to be connected to LTE, but I found out that it won't let phone calls or texts through. I could make calls and send texts, but incoming was not happening. I guess it is because of the CFSB issues.

Ah, so you're the other Cincy B41 polluter! I thought it was just KDupes ruining the Sensorly map ;)
  • Like 3

So for us non-triband folks no LTE then huh?

I'm pretty sure that was all mine from the weekend.  It is probably all band 41 LTE because I was playing around with the hidden menu settings of my G2.  There was an option called "UE Usage" that you can toggle between Voice Centric and Data Centric.  I switched it to Data Centric and I was able to hold LTE from exit 2 on 75S all the way to the Taco Bell in Covington, then across the bridge into downtown until I parked on 9th St.  

It was nice to be connected to LTE, but I found out that it won't let phone calls or texts through.  I could make calls and send texts, but incoming was not happening.  I guess it is because of the CFSB issues.