Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Quick question... Does any spark phone work on the active lte towers in the area? I have the g2, no spark update yet, and it doesn't stay connected... shows for a second once in awhile.. Or are all the current lte towers still waiting on eCSFB updates....

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Quick question... Does any spark phone work on the active lte towers in the area? I have the g2, no spark update yet, and it doesn't stay connected... shows for a second once in awhile.. Or are all the current lte towers still waiting on eCSFB updates....

All LTE connections are problematic to Triband devices without being connected to CSFB.  Regardless of Band.

Robert

All LTE connections are problematic to Triband devices without being connected to CSFB. Regardless of Band.

Robert

So the update will only help the 11 markets that are spark? Arg...was wanting to lock onto band 41..since these are closer to completion in the area

So the update will only help the 11 markets that are spark? Arg...was wanting to lock onto band 41..since these are closer to completion in the area

Not sure I follow...

Tri-Band devices need eCSFB to be in place, once it is they can connect to any LTE that is available, be that Band 25, 26 or 41.

I figured out how to get my phone in LTE only mode. Here's the signal information from the tower I picked up in Fairfield by Mercy hospital. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'll have another post when I get home; I can pick up LTE there too.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No changes in my area

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Please do not post poor speed tests. Zero always looks like zero. Yes, the legacy network sucks. We all know.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

that's what i was told... call this number 855-899-7924 it's sprints network dept they can look into it deeper

So they are starting and will be finished by June? Hope its csfb capable...have any towers that are running LTE been upgraded?

Look at the latest map and someone please tell me why Dayton is almost solid green and only the east side of Cincinnati is getting any attention? This is becoming ridiculous.

Yes, because it was first. That's why. Somewhere has to be first and somewhere has to be last. And if I were deciding, I would have selected Dayton first also. Dayton never received WiMax, even.

My guess as to why though is because the backhaul vendor in Dayton is much farther along.

But rest assured, since Cincy is a Samsung market, your area probably is well under way. Samsung is flying. And if it's not fast enough for you, you have options. But one of things that is not an option for you is to complain here.

• Like 3

One of our s3 picked it up...to bad I have the g2 maybe if we get the update tomorrow I can test it and run sensorly

I was not complaining. I was asking why.

You complained it was ridiculous. And I explained why to the best of my ability.

I hope no one in here thinks I am "complaining" about what this site is doing. I have had an AirRave since August because of how bad my service is. The tower closest to me has said "In Progress" for close to a year, meanwhile others that were not even on the map have been completed. There are MANY like that in Cincinnati so it appears they have stopped working at least along I 75. There were 4 completed towers in all of Cincinnati when I joined this site. Now Dayton has 3 times that completed and we have only a few more. If no one here knows why, thats ok. I know you aren't Sprint. I even called the number at Sprint that was posted on here and they will not tell me when my tower will be completed. I will not ask any more questions, make anymore comments, or answer any questions. I am just here for information. 

It looks like they may have upgraded the backhaul in Kenwood. I'm not sure how to tell for sure. Up until a week or two ago I was getting under 1Mbps during business hours, usually around .3Mbps. Now I'm getting 1.2Mbps or more. Sprint's network enhancement map shows a voice upgrade within the last 6 months, but the data has definitely improved.