Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Current triband phones on sprint

Nexus 5 (Needs software update to support Band 26 and 41)

LG G2

LG Flex (coming this week)

HTC One Max

Samsung Galaxy S4 Triband edition

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Samsung Galaxy Mega

Dont think I missed any, but if I did, anybody can chime in to add to the ever growing list.

What's the early consensus on the Flex?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Confused about something. I have a g2, which I thought wasnt supposed to be able to do lte in Cincinnati die to the csfb problem. Buy every now and then it catches lte near Mitchell and sometimes to tri county. Never for very long because I'm passing through, buy long enough for me to confirm with 7mbps speed tests. What do I not understand about the g2?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I ran into a crew at IN03UB081 in RIchmond, IN.  They were swapping the panels because they had  accidentally installed 2 of them in the wrong sector. (I did not realize it made a difference)  They were scheduled to do a "Cutoff" (switch to the new backhaul) today for this cluster.  Since they had to swap the panels, this has been moved to February 7th he stated.

He also said that they are also in the process of installing 2.5 cards in all of the towers in the Cincinnati market.....

• Like 3

I ran into a crew at IN03UB081 in RIchmond, IN.  They were swapping the panels because they had  accidentally installed 2 of them in the wrong sector. (I did not realize it made a difference)  They were scheduled to do a "Cutoff" (switch to the new backhaul) today for this cluster.  Since they had to swap the panels, this has been moved to February 7th he stated.

He also said that they are also in the process of installing 2.5 cards in all of the towers in the Cincinnati market.....

You, sir, have acquired Rockstar status for the northern Cincy market!

I ran into a crew at IN03UB081 in RIchmond, IN. They were swapping the panels because they had accidentally installed 2 of them in the wrong sector. (I did not realize it made a difference) They were scheduled to do a "Cutoff" (switch to the new backhaul) today for this cluster. Since they had to swap the panels, this has been moved to February 7th he stated.

I don't follow, 2.5 cards?

He is (probably) referring to the TD-LTE upgrades to the former Clear sites in the area.

Yes, the TD-LTE cards.  I ran past the site just now and not only was the crew and boss there from last night, but another vehicle pulled in and he said he was a "Samsung Engineer"!  He told me this cluster in Richmond, IN is going live on Feb 6th.  Also, stated that they are installing the TD-LTE cards in the spring at this location......

• Like 5

i was at tri-county sprint paying my bill my SG III picked up 4G LTE.... the rep told me the signal was coming from Mulhauser Road

but the signal was weak, as i was going home i was on princeston pike on 747 i still  got 4G LTE, he said they are turning 4G on

for a bit then off

where's that at

i was at tri-county sprint paying my bill my SG III picked up 4G LTE.... the rep told me the signal was coming from Mulhauser [/size]Road[/size]

but the signal was weak, as i was going home i was on princeston pike on 747 i still  got 4G LTE, he said they are turning 4G on

for a bit then off

If you download the app "Signalcheck Pro" you can see what tower your phone is connected to and it can show you on a map. It's two dollars I believe but fun to watch when you are around town. Sensorly is the other favorite app that shows where LTE has been spotted (purple). I'm sure many of us including myself use these two apps and they should be helpful for you as well.

• Like 1

awesome news 

If you download the app "Signalcheck Pro" you can see what tower your phone is connected to and it can show you on a map. It's two dollars I believe but fun to watch when you are around town. Sensorly is the other favorite app that shows where LTE has been spotted (purple). I'm sure many of us including myself use these two apps and they should be helpful for you as well.

where's that at

i was at tri-county sprint paying my bill my SG III picked up 4G LTE.... the rep told me the signal was coming from Mulhauser Road

for a bit then off

yes i highly recommend those apps i use them daily starting in march i'll be using them on my routes when i start doing outside sales again i'll be mapping purple in alot of new places and getting paid while i do it lol 

Confused about something. I have a g2, which I thought wasnt supposed to be able to do lte in Cincinnati die to the csfb problem. Buy every now and then it catches lte near Mitchell and sometimes to tri county. Never for very long because I'm passing through, buy long enough for me to confirm with 7mbps speed tests. What do I not understand about the g2?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

No matter which LTE band, in a Samsung market, if you don't have a CSFB connection through an NV 3G upgraded site, you will not be able to maintain an LTE connection. You can force it by going to LTE Only mode though. Otherwise it will start to connect to LTE, but when it can't find CSFB it will fall back to 3G so you can still receive phone calls.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sensorly  is based from france... the lite is free

i know thanks.. hamilton ave has 4G LTE went to visit my grandmother at the cemetary

LTE discovery also has a map that shiws you what tower tour connected to, and its a free app.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

yes i highly recommend those apps i use them daily starting in march i'll be using them on my routes when i start doing outside sales again i'll be mapping purple in alot of new places and getting paid while i do it lol 

might want to remove colerain near northgate there is no 4G LTE

might want to remove colerain near northgate there is no 4G LTE

Gary,

Just because your car uses gas doesn't mean the gas station you go to shouldn't carry diesel.

To that same end, there are several flavors of LTE: Band 25, which is LTE over 1900. Your S3 can use that flavor (only). It is slowly rolling out in your market, especially on the east side.

Band 41, which is "replacing" WiMax, is in early testing stages in your market. Do to eCSFB issues, even if you have the latest Sprint Spark enabled phones, you cannot connect to those towers unless you are in an LTE-only mode. This is what you are seeing that has been mapped in Colerain. Please read up on this issue (article has been on the front page of S4GRU for quite some time); even if you upgraded your phone now, you still would not be able to connect to most of the Band 41 LTE because of this issue: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

So that all said, if you make a donation (ANY donation amount) you can become a member on this site for 6 months and see what's upcoming and currently active in your neck of the woods. WE ARE NOT SPRINT AND THIS IS NOT SPRINT'S FORUM; 95% of the info on the Sponsor sections are NOT general public info nor is it info you can get from your local Sprint store! As such, you are in a public forum right now and we are not going to share info that we Sponsors have paid and contributed to obtain.

Otherwise, Sprint not officially launching LTE in Cincy until later this year in Cincy, so officially from Sprint is there is no LTE in your area. And unless you jump in the rabbit hole to become a Sponsor, may I recommend Sprint.com/coverage and Clear.com/coverage as those are the "official" coverage maps by Sprint. If you're not happy with your service, move on or join us in the excitement and anticipation of very fast and usable service, coming soon unlimitedly to a city near you. 

Oh, and I highly recommend $1.99 for Signal Check Pro. Get it and you'll be able to tell what tower you're connected to. The developer of the app is a member on this site and created it for us.

• Like 6

my phone is on 4G LTE.. between now and april we will get 4G LTE

Congrats that you are able to get LTE. As stated above, it is not officially launched in Cincy.

Where are you getting your facts that Cincy market will be launched between now and April and have LTE? This info is NOT NOT NOT correct!!

Please donate $5 to get some facts so you won't continue to highjack this thread with ignorance.........

i got my facts from sprints network dept and i have their number... plus from a sprint corporate store

instead of posting i'll just read the comments and it's not ignorace, now when you open this site move it til you see colerain

http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=cincinnati

it states we have 4G LTE and we don't