Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I agree. B25 is over crowded. I still haven't passed 25mbps on it. Can't wait for i6 [emoji119][emoji119]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25Mbps on a 5x5 carrier is actually not crowded at all. It's excellent!

25Mbps on a 5x5 carrier is actually not crowded at all. It's excellent!

Lol that was once. I get between 5-10 if im lucky then 15 but never higher unless i get blessed [emoji23]

Lol that was once. I get between 5-10 if im lucky then 15 but never higher unless i get blessed [emoji23]

My average speeds on Band 26 vary. In Brooklyn, it's 8-9Mbps. When I'm in Manhattan it's 15-20Mbps.

I sure as heck hope the i6 will be a spark phone.

I'm more than positive it will be. The iPhone 5S came out just before the Spark was officially announced so they just made it dual band. Now that Sparks announced & knowingly being deployed why would Apple make the iPhone 6 dual band. That'd just be stupid on their part.

I'm more than positive it will be. The iPhone 5S came out just before the Spark was officially announced so they just made it dual band. Now that Sparks announced & knowingly being deployed why would Apple make the iPhone 6 dual band. That'd just be stupid on their part.

Hope your right.

You plan on doing the upgrade?

Hope your right.

You plan on doing the upgrade?

Most definitely , even if it's not Spark, that'd be a let down but i'm still getting it. The 4.7" display that were rumored to be getting is most definitely more than enough for me to switch. Plus iOS 8, I already have it. Its lit

In the last 2 weeks, Sprint's speeds have increased by 1Mbps on NetIndex. Sprint is only 2Mbps behind AT&T now.

Also, T-Mobile can stop with the fastest LTE network claim. Verizon passed them on NetworkIndex by 2Mbps. T-Mobile is at 14.54Mbps and Verizon is at 16.05Mbps.

• Like 2

In the last 2 weeks, Sprint's speeds have increased by 1Mbps on NetIndex. Sprint is only 2Mbps behind AT&T now.

Also, T-Mobile can stop with the fastest LTE network claim. Verizon passed them on NetworkIndex by 2Mbps. T-Mobile is at 14.54Mbps and Verizon is at 16.05Mbps.

T-Mobile's service is not even that good. On average they're speeds are slow. My friend has T-Mobile & her service is always lagging. I feel like they over play their network.

• Like 1

so I was on the Metro North today and came across this reading on signal check pro. Can anyone tell me what frequency this is reading as it happened twice going up and down both ways so I don't think its a error. Its not within the PCS band a-g I'm aware.

Screenshot_2014-06-22-16-27-10.png

• Like 1

so I was on the Metro North today and came across this reading on signal check pro. Can anyone tell me what frequency this is reading as it happened twice going up and down both ways so I don't think its a error. Its not within the PCS band a-g I'm aware.

That's a second PCS carrier!

eSMR LTE 800

That's a second PCS carrier!

No, it is not.  It is band 26.

AJ

• Like 1

That's what I figured, am I right to assume this would not happen for a few years? Or maybe around the time Sprint tighten's up VOIP plans?

Sprint will refarm PCS for LTE. I've been hearing late summer for a number of other markets. 

• Like 1

No, it is not. It is band 26.

AJ

Are you sure? Cuz I was moving between sectors and band 26 was 821-866 this was 10 MHz higher than the normal band 25 pcs g band.

Edit you are looking at the upload and download channels to differentiate!

Screenshot_2014-06-22-16-26-20.png

Are you sure? Cuz I was moving between sectors and band 26 was 821-866 this was 10 MHz higher than the normal band 25 pcs g band.

Edit you are looking at the upload and download channels to differentiate!

You got confirmation from Tim and AJ, typically any one of them would suffice..lol
  • Like 1

Here's what's happening.

Signal Check Pro sees a GCI ending in 02, and a PLMN indicating Sprint, so it assumes you are on Band 25

Your HTC is still reporting the DL/UL channels associated with Band 26.

SCP calculates the frequencies for the DL/UL based on the band it thinks you are connected to, and the channels reported by your device.

Since you had a Band 25 GCI, but a Band 26 channel reported, the calculated frequency gets very messed up.

Likely you had very recently been connected to Band 26, but at the time of the screen shot had switched to Band 25. HTCs like to hold onto values longer than they should, and was likely reporting those channel numbers in error.

• Like 3

Here's what's happening.

Signal Check Pro sees a GCI ending in 02, and a PLMN indicating Sprint, so it assumes you are on Band 25

Your HTC is still reporting the DL/UL channels associated with Band 26.

SCP calculates the frequencies for the DL/UL based on the band it thinks you are connected to, and the channels reported by your device.

Since you had a Band 25 GCI, but a Band 26 channel reported, the calculated frequency gets very messed up.

Likely you had very recently been connected to Band 26, but at the time of the screen shot had switched to Band 25. HTCs like to hold onto values longer than they should, and was likely reporting those channel numbers in error.

Thank you I learned something new to look out for. I appreciate that.