Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

B26 inside building on 34th st on Madison ave. Usually I get about 500k/sec here on B25. Averaging about 8mb on B26. Also, its about 8dBm stronger than B25.

Looks like it still needs optimizing, jumps from B25 to B26 a ton.

B26 inside building on 34th st on Madison ave. Usually I get about 500k/sec here on B25. Averaging about 8mb on B26. Also, its about 8dBm stronger than B25.

Looks like it still needs optimizing, jumps from B25 to B26 a ton.

In an active data session, the phone'll switch to Band 26. The network doesn't like to camp people on Band 26 for capacity reasons.

In an active data session, the phone'll switch to Band 26. The network doesn't like to camp people on Band 26 for capacity reasons.

I don't expect camping but what I do expect is more than a 2dBm threshold between 3g and B26..

Not sure what you mean?

I pick up B26 when B25 hits about -118dBm, jumps on B26 at -110dBm, then @ -112 or -113dBm it drops to 3G. My understanding is that B26 is still in a low power state, and that would explain the similar B25 and B26 signal strengths. So far it really limits B26 indoors since I almost always end up either on 3G or an extremely weak B25 signal.

I pick up B26 when B25 hits about -118dBm, jumps on B26 at -110dBm, then @ -112 or -113dBm it drops to 3G. My understanding is that B26 is still in a low power state, and that would explain the similar B25 and B26 signal strengths.

Hmm. I don't drop back to 3G until I hit -120dBm. No matter what band I'm connected to.

Hmm. I don't drop back to 3G until I hit -120dBm. No matter what band I'm connected to.

I think the power needs to be turned down a bit on B25 in certain areas to reduce coverage and increase speeds, and let the other bands balance the load. B25 is utterly useless with anything worse than -100dBm during normal business hours in NYC.

I think the power needs to be turned down a bit on B25 in certain areas to reduce coverage and increase speeds, and let the other bands balance the load. B25 is utterly useless with anything worse than -100dBm during normal business hours in NYC.

as a network it's filled out I don't think that's a bad idea!

as a network it's filled out I don't think that's a bad idea!

Not all markets have this luxury, but here in NYC with PCS spacing, coverage really isn't the issue, but capacity is. Maybe after 8t8r are turned on, this wouldn't matter as much.

They are, but they have to refarm in order to do so...Might happen soon.

Do they have plan to deploy 2nd B25 carrier in NYC?

I saw it mentioned somewhere around this site that Sprint is planning on refarming in many markets starting in Q3 2014. As it stands, Sprint 3G network throughout the city is pretty much excellent. Pings are below 80ms 90% of the time, and speeds are above 1.2Mbps 80% of the time. 

And with the rate at which Sprint is getting people onto LTE, I think Sprint could start to refarm spectrum from EVDO to LTE sooner  rather than later. It would definitely shut up those that complain about slow speeds with their single-band devices.

• Like 2

Sprint should get a representative on this forum that would give us information & also report back to the them with our suggestions. That would amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by IsaiahL

Sprint should get a representative on this forum that would give us information & also report back to the them with our suggestions. That would amazing.

I'm sure Sprint already knows of the existence of this site.

The media folks at sprint knows of our existence and have known for a long time.

A certain chief technology officer now knows of our existence and soon many other sprint corporate workers will as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The media folks at sprint knows of our existence and have known for a long time.

A certain chief technology officer now knows of our existence and soon many other sprint corporate workers will as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

:ninja:

I'm starting to love Sprint. To see how their coverage & data speeds have improved over the last 2 years is incredible & I'm proud to say I'm a Sprint costumer. Sprint FTW :). I can't wait to see how their service is going to keep improving over the next 2 years.

• Like 2

I'm wondering how sprint handles the voice process at my home. When I'm at home I get a fringe signal that goes back and forth from LTE B41 (-120dbm/-132dbm) to 3G (1xRTT/ehrpd -104dbm) while is sitting on my desk idling. Sometimes it goes into 1x800 @ -85dbm (SCP alert) but it doesn't hold for long.

When I'm at work and many other places and I place a call I have been getting great call service on 1x800 or 1xRTT (sometimes HD), but when I'm home my calls are bad, they seem to break up a lot or even drop at times making it very unreliable. I know I may have some very thick walls to deal with but what about that 1x800 signal that occasionally comes in? It doesn't seem to come in when I'm on a call. Can this be that my nearest cell site needs some calibration or downtilt?

I pick up B26 when B25 hits about -118dBm, jumps on B26 at -110dBm, then @ -112 or -113dBm it drops to 3G. My understanding is that B26 is still in a low power state, and that would explain the similar B25 and B26 signal strengths. So far it really limits B26 indoors since I almost always end up either on 3G or an extremely weak B25 signal.

I have the same issues.

What's needed for sprint to fix this?

I wish it would auto switch from b25 to b26 when b25 is 100db or higher.

This would constantly keep a stable connection.

I know I may have some very thick walls to deal with but what about that 1x800 signal that occasionally comes in? It doesn't seem to come in when I'm on a call. Can this be that my nearest cell site needs some calibration or downtilt?

Its possible 800 is coming from a further site. Its still not enabled on every site. 

• Like 1