Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

He is not proud of it! Our off topic discussions and our unknowledgeable theories confuse him. :)

It would have been cool to at least chime in and help us better understand, but i guess us New Yorkers are not worthy
  • Like 1

Extended LTE not possible at this time. Extended on the iPhone means your roaming. U can roam with verizon and use data, but only 3G at this time

Yeahh , not true , my sister was in the city & had extended LTE .

You can be 1x roaming and connected to LTE. Everytime I come out of the train my phone picks up LTE before anything else.

That's because your getting your voice and data from 2 different towers, but the data will be coming from sprint.

You can be 1x roaming and connected to LTE. Everytime I come out of the train my phone picks up LTE before anything else.

In areas where their is a good LTE signal, u will connect to LTE first. That doesn't mean u are roaming.

It is POSSIBLE cause she sent me the screen cap & it said Extended . Accept it

Do you realize that you can roam on 1x(voice) and still be connected to lte from sprint? It isn't possible for a sprint phone to roam on verizon's lte network, you need to accept that.

In areas where their is a good LTE signal, u will connect to LTE first. That doesn't mean u are roaming.

I knew that I wasn't 4G roaming that's why I said that I was 1x roaming but connected to 4G still because my phone scanned for LTE before it scanned for Sprint 1x.

I knew that I wasn't 4G roaming that's why I said that I was 1x roaming but connected to 4G still because my phone scanned for LTE before it scanned for Sprint 1x.

That's why I have told many others to post the Mcc Mnc they were connected to when on this supposed roaming LTE. They never post the screen shots after seeing to with their own eyes it is 310-120 which is Sprint. Put up or shut up.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 2

It would be awesome! if this were the case! But i think the reality lies somewhere in the middle (maybe throttling for abusers)

What about tmobiles approach? Throttle users when they reach certain amount of data used per month. 5gb sounds reasonable and they go above 5gb,only be able to use 3g until the month expires

Extended LTE is a common sight on VZW when you are roaming on another CDMA network for voice but still getting VZW LTE signal. USCC areas where Verizon has LTE but no voice network built out get this a lot (an example of this is Western Maryland). The LTE network is native, it's CDMA that is not.

At least, that's how it works on VZW.

• Like 2

What about tmobiles approach? Throttle users when they reach certain amount of data used per month. 5gb sounds reasonable and they go above 5gb,only be able to use 3g until the month expires

No it's truly unlimited for $70

10gb and throttle to 2.5 Mbps for LTE is fair

Do you realize that you can roam on 1x(voice) and still be connected to lte from sprint? It isn't possible for a sprint phone to roam on verizon's lte network, you need to accept that.

Whatever im not arguing anymore , you guys are clearly "right".

Whatever im not arguing anymore , you guys are clearly "right".

Whatever? No one was arguing with you, just simply making a correction. Also keep in mind that if you respond with a certain tone then don't get upset or offended when someone else responds to you in the same manner.

• Like 3

Whatever? No one was arguing with you, just simply making a correction. Also keep in mind that if you respond with a certain tone then don't get upset or offended when someone else responds to you in the same manner.

Tbh , I don't care just saying moving on now .

Just to back up my point , I found this on the Sprint Community Forum

eugenesprintfremont Oct 5, 2012 5:13 PM (in response to GoldenStateWarrior510)

I was at Intel (Mission College Blvd) at 2pm and saw "Extended LTE" on my iPhone.

Speedtest was: 6.27Mbps download, 3.38 upload

You guys keep saying you can't get Extended LTE on Sprint thats clearly not true . But onto the next subject .

Heres more to back up my point

eugenesprintfremont Oct 5, 2012 5:29 PM (in response to mak_tech)

Thanks. My setting was on "off" for data roaming at the time and I still got "Extended LTE".

So this guy wasn't even roaming on Verizons LTE network & he still got Extended .

Edited by IsaiahL

Tbh , I don't care just saying moving on now .

Just to back up my point , I found this on the Sprint Community Forum

eugenesprintfremont Oct 5, 2012 5:13 PM (in response to GoldenStateWarrior510)

I was at Intel (Mission College Blvd) at 2pm and saw "Extended LTE" on my iPhone.

Speedtest was: 6.27Mbps download, 3.38 upload

You guys keep saying you can't get Extended LTE on Sprint thats clearly not true . But onto the next subject .

Heres more to back up my point

eugenesprintfremont Oct 5, 2012 5:29 PM (in response to mak_tech)

Thanks. My setting was on "off" for data roaming at the time and I still got "Extended LTE".

So this guy wasn't even roaming on Verizons LTE network & he still got Extended .

But two posts afterwards on that same thread someone says, "Perhaps your voice was roaming but you were latched onto Sprint's LTE."

You say to move on but still continue to post about it. There currently is not any LTE roaming for Sprint devices right now. Prove me wrong by posting the Mcc Mnc it was connected to.

Npsptsfba...

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1