Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

My pain, my suffering lol. :(

How could these sites be overlooked? Not saying this because I live in the area but because everyone knews baseball season was coming. I hope citi field is covered.

Hey at least my texts go through. :)

Yeah its annoying when you have upgrades going through around you but your cluster is still in no mans land but here is my theory on it. We know they like to bring up upgrades in clusters, so all of the sites in that cluster must have completed installs. So my guess is that near Yankee stadium there is an idiot land lord who wont grant techs access to the roof or it may be back haul still pending or even a permit waiting. So one site being incomplete will make the 3 or 4 surrounding sites in the cluster sit unaccepted. That's the only logical explanation i can come up with. I know my buildings roof has upgraded equipment for about 2 months now but the three sites in my cluster has no 4g or even upgraded 3g so i know my buildings not the problem. :angry:

• Like 1

I was wondering if a place like Yankee stadium has all those users and data is not even usable, who is using the bandwidth? Do all the users just being connected take all the bandwidth because of user overloadage?

I was wondering if a place like Yankee stadium has all those users and data is not even usable, who is using the bandwidth? Do all the users just being connected take all the bandwidth because of user overloadage?

I would assume its overloadage taking all the bandwidth. Everyone trying to tweet and upload photos to Facebook checking emails at the same time will do it. Think everyone is getting a connection but it is super slow (ping 1337 downlink .001 upload .005). So you can connect it will just take 5 mins to load a page. NV should be able to accommodate that many people. In brooklyn barclays stadium you can browse just fine because upgrades are done there.

I just wanted to Apologize to everyone for my attitude , I know have a "know it all attitude" it just cause I don't like to be wrong , so yeah sorry. but uhh Whats Sprint doing with Clearwire ? My friend just asked me & I honestly didn't know the answer , I felt a little stupid lol .

• Like 3

Clearwire is going to launch a high speed and high capacity network in hotspots throughout the city. Most definitely there will be one in Yankee Stadium to provide faster speeds. Sprint and its a Network Vision will be fast but Clear will be even faster.

Is it because they will be able to deploy in 20x20 MHz configuration I believe? What's the theoretical throughput of a network like that on 2600 MHz frequency?

I know that it'll have an insane amount of capacity for connections.

Is it because they will be able to deploy in 20x20 MHz configuration I believe? What's the theoretical throughput of a network like that on 2600 MHz frequency?

The connections in Band 41 (the US configuration of 2600 MHz) will be using TD-LTE 20 MHz blocks. This is more efficient for providing download capacity as you only need a 20 MHz block as opposed to a 20x20 block for FDD LTE blocks. Asymmetrical capacity that's in that band is perfect for het nets and DAS applications like what is being discussed on this thread.

If you want a REALLY TECHNICAL explanation, watch this video.

Rohde & Schwarz webinar: TD-LTE - A separation from LTE FDD ...

Does anyone know which cell sites are part of which cluster?

I wish that info was avail. I just been seeing a pattern of towers not being accepted in small groups of 3 or 4 in the same area on the NV site maps. I assume that justifies a cluster. But i often wonder if someone knows of an official list of clusters. Also I have only checked NYC and noticed that pattern. Im not sure how it pans out in other markets. I know Chicago was a disaster so the cluster thing is set up to avoid that.

Clearwire is going to launch a high speed and high capacity network in hotspots throughout the city. Most definitely there will be one in Yankee Stadium to provide faster speeds. Sprint and its a Network Vision will be fast but Clear will be even faster.

Wait so will we be on that network or is it like Mobile Wifi Hotspots like Optimum has all over the place ?

Wait so will we be on that network or is it like Mobile Wifi Hotspots like Optimum has all over the place ?

It'll be on network. The priority PRL lists will probably set phones to scan for TDD-LTE 2500, then PCS 1900, and finally SMR 800.

• Like 1

It'll be on network. The priority PRL lists will probably set phones to scan for TDD-LTE 2500, then PCS 1900, and finally SMR 800.

So basically LTE speeds will improve when that time comes ?

So basically LTE speeds will improve when that time comes ?

If you have a compatible phone, and there aren't a ton of people on the network, then yes you'll likely get faster speeds than on the Sprint 1900 LTE which is going up now. The theoretical max is near 100Mbps I believe, if there is sufficient bakchaul and ideal conditions. Obviously you're not likely to get that, but I believe Robert posted that in some of the tests they were getting 60-80Mbps down over the Clear LTE.

Also, some news just for you Isaiah, hopefully you heard, but we have an LTE site now accepted in the Long Island market. So your LTE shouldn't be too far away now.

If you have a compatible phone, and there aren't a ton of people on the network, then yes you'll likely get faster speeds than on the Sprint 1900 LTE which is going up now. The theoretical max is near 100Mbps I believe, if there is sufficient bakchaul and ideal conditions. Obviously you're not likely to get that, but I believe Robert posted that in some of the tests they were getting 60-80Mbps down over the Clear LTE.

Also, some news just for you Isaiah, hopefully you heard, but we have an LTE site now accepted in the Long Island market. So your LTE shouldn't be too far away now.

You just brighten my day you have no idea. You said 60-80mbps right well check this speedtest out it was on IG.

http://tinypic.com/r/33be0zt/5

This definitely has to be Clear because regular Sprint LTE doesn't go over 40mbps I know that much.

This definitely has to be Clear because regular Sprint LTE doesn't go over 40mbps I know that much.

I don't know about that, it doesn't say anywhere in that image if it's a cellular or WiFi connection. I'm betting that's a WiFi connection, running on a Fiber connection.

I don't know about that, it doesn't say anywhere in that image if it's a cellular or WiFi connection. I'm betting that's a WiFi connection, running on a Fiber connection.

Well , if it is Sprint/Clear LTE thats amazinf & i'd love to get me some of dat never in my life will I complain about anything if I could get those speeds .

You said that a LTE tower go acceped to Long Island right ? Do you know the location & how long it takes for them to activate the tower after acceptance ? Im definitely gonna have to invest in becoming a Sponsor

Well , if it is Sprint/Clear LTE thats amazinf & i'd love to get me some of dat never in my life will I complain about anything if I could get those speeds .

You said that a LTE tower go acceped to Long Island right ? Do you know the location & how long it takes for them to activate the tower after acceptance ? Im definitely gonna have to invest in becoming a Sponsor

LTE is live in port jefferson and there are 3g upgrades popping up all over the island

You know that 10Mbps is more than enough to satisfy anything you're going to do on your phone right? So long as you have low ping times, 2 or 3Mbps will accomplish even streaming video without much buffering.

More than likely the area where you live will not see Clearwire sites, at least not initially. They are deploying them in high-density. high-capacity areas to ease the network by allowing some phones to offload from Sprint 1900 onto 2600. And even when you do have the coverage, speeds will likely be faster than the 1900 network, but you're not likely to see speeds constantly as high as what you posted.

The site that has been accepted with LTE is in Port Jefferson. As far as how long before it's active, I believe someone reported a signal there already, but it has not been mapped on Sensorly yet.

You just brighten my day you have no idea. You said 60-80mbps right well check this speedtest out it was on IG.

No, there is almost zero chance that speed test is on a cellular network. If it is actually wireless, then it is Wi-Fi fed by symmetrical fiber.

AJ

• Like 1

PRL priority does not affect LTE. My guess, though, is that a device will routinely camp on LTE 1900 or LTE 800. Then, when a device initiates an active data session, the network will look at its signal strength and see if the device can be offloaded up to TD-LTE 2600.

AJ

• Like 1

I think that's about 100mbps for an end user, well that's near the theoretical max. I would imagine real world performance could be 50-75 mbps on average. But still many variables come into place on what the end user connection will be like so this is purely speculation. 2.6GHZ is not best known for it's indoor propagation capabilities, however with a combination of 2.6,1.9&,800mhz Sprint will be able to cover nearly every square foot of its coverage area; Especially when hetnets get involved.