Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Low pings definitely have nothing to do how overloaded the tower is. Was in Yankee stadium and doing a speed test, I got 66ms. I think that's good enough proof

Yeah, thats one thing that people dont give sprint enough credit for, yes peak speeds are not as fast as some of the competitors, but ping times are almost always faster than any other carrier!

Yeah, thats one thing that people dont give sprint enough credit for, yes peak speeds are not as fast as some of the competitors, but ping times are almost always faster than any other carrier!

I know t-mobile has high pings. Do U know what AT&T and verizon avg ping on their LTE is?

I know tmobile has high pings. Do I know what AT&T and verizon avg ping on their LTE is?

From what ive seen, they tend to be 70+ on both carriers from my personal experience. While right this moment from inside my home im getting 35ping 7mb down and up.

From what ive seen, they tend to be 70+ on both carriers from my personal experience. While right this moment from inside my home im getting 35ping 7mb down and up.

70ms isn't all that bad. But 35ms is crazy good! Btw I'm finally getting LTE in my house and its with 2 bars, but its consistent.

From what ive seen, they tend to be 70+ on both carriers from my personal experience. While right this moment from inside my home im getting 35ping 7mb down and up. Ive never seen sprint LTE even in shitting signal go over 100ping

70ms isn't all that bad. But 35ms is crazy good! Btw I'm finally getting LTE in my house and its with 2 bars, but its consistent.

I think sprints slight ping advantage might have something to do with all the new fancy equipment just being more in the up and up and the way they optimize there stuff, rather than signal strength.

I think sprints slight ping advantage might have something to do with all the new fancy equipment just being more in the up and up and the way they optimize there stuff, rather than signal strength.

Could be the equipment. As soon as 800 data start and we have compatible phones, we will be able to extend signal strength, use better indoors and still have the same great low pings. This is where sprints investment to buy Nextel will pay off! Just a few years later! :)

Could be the equipment. As soon as 800 data start and we have compatible phones, we will be able to extend signal strength, use better indoors and still have the same great low pings. This is where sprints investment to buy Nextel will pay off! Just a few years later! :)

Pretty exciting prospects!

Optimize where? Huh?

Sent from my little Note2

Sprint is definitely going in the right direction! But if they ditch truly unlimited data, they are done!

In the current state of the network, and the high volume of complaints, it would definitely cause a huge uproar to stop offering the unlimited plan. But, once LTE is fully deployed and we have great coverage, I think all options will be on the table. Here's hoping that the Softbank deal doesn't fall through, they are known to be extremely competitive!

In the current state of the network, and the high volume of complaints, it would definitely cause a huge uproar to stop offering the unlimited plan. But, once LTE is fully deployed and we have great coverage, I think all options will be on the table. Here's hoping that the Softbank deal doesn't fall through, they are known to be extremely competitive!

You say once LTE is fully deployed and have a network similar to verizon, they can start going to tier data? No, at that point, their campaign would be " use the most reliable network as much as u want wherever u want, same low price!"

You say once LTE is fully deployed and have a network similar to verizon, they can start going to tier data? No, at that point, their campaign would be " use the most reliable network as much as u want wherever u want, same low price!"

It would be awesome! if this were the case! But i think the reality lies somewhere in the middle (maybe throttling for abusers)

It would be awesome! if this were the case! But i think the reality lies somewhere in the middle (maybe throttling for abusers)

What would u consider abusing the network? I am definitely on sprint for the unlimited data. I admit their are months that I don't use even 2gb of data. Their are months that I use 5-10gb. I would say using 25gb or more starts abuse. I know 1 Netflix movie is close to 2gb. What does everyone else think?

What would u consider abusing the network? I am definitely on sprint for the unlimited data. I admit their are months that I don't use even 2gb of data. Their are months that I use 5-10gb. I would say using 25gb or more starts abuse. I know 1 Netflix movie is close to 2gb. What does everyone else think?

I personally tend to avg about 5-12gigs of data a month, with the network in its current state (I would say I have LTE in about 40% of the places I go, and I am a somewhat heavy user) So my usage will probably climb another 30-40% once coverage is sorted. So I think anything over 30gigs a month would be rare, and should probably be considered abuse.

I personally tend to avg about 5-12gigs of data a month, with the network in its current state (I would say I have LTE in about 40% of the places I go, and I am a somewhat heavy user) So my usage will probably climb another 30-40% once coverage is sorted. So I think anything over 30gigs a month would be rare, and should probably be considered abuse.

I do a lot of streaming when I have LTE and have time, so I wouldn't have any issue doing 20gb without trying! Would u feel after 30gb it would be fair for us to get throttled?

Extended LTE ? I've seen this on my phone before .

Extended LTE not possible at this time. Extended on the iPhone means your roaming. U can roam with verizon and use data, but only 3G at this time

Are we sort of learning or we r still clueless? :)

We somehow find ways to understand each other! But I concur, if Señor digiblur has something to add about sprints very good ping times, it would be greatly appreciated.

We somehow find ways to understand each other! But I concur, if Señor digiblur has something to add about sprints very good ping times, it would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, just for the reference we are as of now the most discussed thread on this forum. Yes NYC is that big.

• Like 1

Btw, just for the reference we are as of now the most discussed thread on this forum. Yes NYC is that big.

Quantity definitely does not equal quality in this case.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1