Pretty much, Orlando market is on snooze. Someone hit the alarm. Hopefully by the end of summer at least twice as many towers in Orlando the city will go live. Many towers have Sprint LTE panels, there is another issue that's holding everything up.

• Like 1

Pretty much, Orlando market is on snooze. Someone hit the alarm. Hopefully by the end of summer at least twice as many towers in Orlando the city will go live. Many towers have Sprint LTE panels, there is another issue that's holding everything up.

Could it be backhaul or manpower I wonder? Or honestly I wonder if maybe Ericsson might be putting more manpower on Tampa, which is moving significantly faster IMO.

Wonder what the delay might be.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Delay? There's a delay? I didn't know that. I only see evidence of lack of accepted sites from inspectors.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Could it be backhaul or manpower I wonder? Or honestly I wonder if maybe Ericsson might be putting more manpower on Tampa, which is moving significantly faster IMO.

Actually, Tampa and SW Florida have not had as many accepted sites lately as they've been having. Even Miami/West Palm is not accepting as many sites. Jacksonville is the only market in the state that is still cruising along like normal.

However, this has happened before. If it continues for two more weeks, then I would call it a trend that is alarming.

Actually, Tampa and SW Florida have not had as many accepted sites lately as they've been having. Even Miami/West Palm is not accepting as many sites. Jacksonville is the only market in the state that is still cruising along like normal.

However, this has happened before. If it continues for two more weeks, then I would call it a trend that is alarming.

Maybe they were expecting it to stay unseasonably cool and were disappointed when it started heating back up again.

• Like 1

Delay? There's a delay? I didn't know that. I only see evidence of lack of accepted sites from inspectors.

It sure seems that way. I have a ritual of checking approximately 6 sites in my area of responsibility, work related, about twice a week and I have only observed one site that has any signs of future activity. The site I reference has new "cabinets" but they are not wired.

Changing directions slightly. Do RRU's, emit a green "glow" light that can be seen when standing near and looking up at a tower at night? So far I have only observed this coming one tower that is shared by ALL carriers.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Changing directions slightly. Do RRU's, emit a green "glow" light that can be seen when standing near and looking up at a tower at night? So far I have only observed this coming one tower that is shared by ALL carriers.

Ericsson RRU's have a green light with a slow blink when powered up. I am unsure about other OEM's. However, other carriers sometimes use Ericsson RRU's in some markets. Like AT&T. So an Ericsson RRU does not always mean Sprint.

I just got LTE behind Jurrasic Park river adventure at IOA for like a split second.(I was on the shuttle leaving toon lagoon where I didn't have LTE). I was reading a text message and looked up and saw it but by the time I went to take a screenshot, it switched back to 3G. :( ill keep checking as I work here almost everyday. :D

Edited by Zach8503
  • Like 1

it has been a little slow but Hoffner and Goldenrod got LTE yesterday, also the monopole at Par and i-4 was being worked on again today you can see the LTE equipment stuffed up and down the stealth pole, and there is work going on all over. i wish Orlando could get up to the same roll out pace as Tampa,

• Like 1

it has been a little slow but Hoffner and Goldenrod got LTE yesterday, also the monopole at Par and i-4 was being worked on again today you can see the LTE equipment stuffed up and down the stealth pole, and there is work going on all over. i wish Orlando could get up to the same roll out pace as Tampa,

You and me both!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I finally got a 4G/LTE phone and tried mapping Sensorly from 417 at Curry Ford to Semoran and 50 via the 408 and then back on 408 to the Research Park area. I got 0 4G points. So far, I have seen very responsive switching between 3G and 4G with this phone (Galaxy S4). What is going on??? Did they turn everything off???

I finally got a 4G/LTE phone and tried mapping Sensorly from 417 at Curry Ford to Semoran and 50 via the 408 and then back on 408 to the Research Park area. I got 0 4G points. So far, I have seen very responsive switching between 3G and 4G with this phone (Galaxy S4). What is going on??? Did they turn everything off???

The Lee vista tower is what's giving curry ford and 417 lte but its very faint from long distance. The semaron and curry ford tower has lte panels up but is not active yet. Its going slow, but slowly but surely more towers will go active because many towers have panels up.

Besides this one tower, has anyone else seen any progress elsewhere in our market? It's as if the workers have been deployed to Jacksonville or the Tampa markets then again it might be me just going through another impatient spell.

The Lee vista tower is what's giving curry ford and 417 lte but its very faint from long distance. The semaron and curry ford tower has lte panels up but is not active yet. Its going slow, but slowly but surely more towers will go active because many towers have panels up.

I wonder if Ericsson has modified its approach to get multiple towers ready and then bring them online in batches? Otherwise they're just going too slow for my taste :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Besides this one tower, has anyone else seen any progress elsewhere in our market? It's as if the workers have been deployed to Jacksonville or the Tampa markets then again it might be me just going through another impatient spell.

They're not over here in the Tampa market, same thing going on here. Some activity, but not a lot of towers coming online.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Picked up a faint LTE signal for the first time on Hoffner @ Conway. The data rate was no better than the current 3G speeds. It appears to be eats (northeast?) of this area, as the signal was a little stronger at 436 & Hoffner.

Progress in Florida has stalled. I'm hoping it's a minor short term hiccup and not systemic and lasting.

Progress in Florida has stalled. I'm hoping it's a minor short term hiccup and not systemic and lasting.

I share your hope. This nasty rain can't be helping. Do you know what the holdup is?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I share your hope. This nasty rain can't be helping. Do you know what the holdup is?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Haven't a clue. Just observing a pattern.

Ah, doesn't sound good :(

My contract is up in June and I will be seeing how the Sprint network is doing or if I'll be making the jump to big red at that time. Growing tired of the 0.1 Mbps, but I want to hold on to my unlimited.

Ah, doesn't sound good :(

My contract is up in June and I will be seeing how the Sprint network is doing or if I'll be making the jump to big red at that time. Growing tired of the 0.1 Mbps, but I want to hold on to my unlimited.

Yea I'm consistently getting 0.1 Mbps too -- Sprint calls that "premium data." Some blatant thievery going on.

Edited by gf11speed

Yea I'm consistently getting 0.1 Mbps too -- Sprint calls that "premium data." Some blatant thievery going on.

My 3G speeds are normally a little better than that, but it's taking a lot of self control to not just run to T-Mobile come July, though their Ocoee coverage map is not encouraging.