Yea I'm consistently getting 0.1 Mbps too -- Sprint calls that "premium data." Some blatant thievery going on.

Please stop. It's not blatant thievery. Your local network is overloaded. They are upgrading it. Nothing more that can be done than that. If it's not happening fast enough for you, then go. However, I will not allow inaccurate hyperbole.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

The new LTE tower appears to be the little tower on Hoffner just west of Goldenrod (west of Walmart). I got 12 down and 3 up at the closest point on Hoffner. Will it stay up, or is it just up for testing like the one at the Winter Park Towers?

Please stop. It's not blatant thievery. Your local network is overloaded. They are upgrading it. Nothing more that can be done than that. If it's not happening fast enough for you, then go. However, I will not allow inaccurate hyperbole.

Yeah, I think we are just getting irritable! I need to go look through the site for markets that have close to completed NV rollouts and get their opinions on the new network and whether it is truly worth it to stay. My issue is going to be if we waited over a year to see improvements but still find the speeds and backhaul lackluster.

Yeah, I think we are just getting irritable! I need to go look through the site for markets that have close to completed NV rollouts and get their opinions on the new network and whether it is truly worth it to stay. My issue is going to be if we waited over a year to see improvements but still find the speeds and backhaul lackluster.

There are also several threads where people ask for info from people in largely complete areas. Lots of data already exists throughout the forums for you to check out.

I've been to Atlanta a few times, which is complete in some patches including where my office is. Sprint LTE is by no means mind-numbingly fast, but I can stream Netflix at full resolution from my PC tethered to my GS3 with no buffering issues. So it night never be the fastest LTE ever, but it definitely gets the job done.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Just checked the Sensorly maps and it pretty much confirmed what I found out about the Hoffner & Goldenrod tower being LTE. I'm beginning to think the Conway & Hoffner tower is down, as I never get 5 bars when next to it now. Actually, its been this way for about two months. Conway & Hoffner seems to be pulling a signal from a different tower to the north of this area.

• Like 1

Great news guys! I'm getting 15mbps download and 3mbps upload right on the intersection Econlockhatchee Trl & Colonial Drive, and I can confirm that I'm getting such a strong signal from the tower approximately at 417 & Lee Vista Blvd. I didn't realize a tower could have that well of a signal, I'm getting almost 3-5 bars out here on Colonial.

I also had LTE outside the front door of my apartment, but not inside, and while walking south on Econ toward Colonial, but the signal was minimal. More Sensorly mapping needs to be made around UCF. I'm finding service in new areas again.

I'm also getting 21mbps download and 5mbps upload in front of the Walmart on Colonial & Alafaya. Still coming from the Lee Vista tower at 417. That tower is in full force. I'm commuting right now and I'll be updating you as I make it to work today.

• Like 1

LTE signal disappeared as I made it Northbound on Alafaya. The LTE signal I get on University is coming from the tower just west of the Quadrangle due North of the IHOP and plazas by UCF. It's great to finally have LTE outside of my house and almost everywhere around my area.

• Like 1

Also getting 0.5-2mbps download and less than 1mbps upload on Alafaya from the tower west of Quadrangle. Looks like that tower has a lot more potential left to go before the entire UCF area gets full coverage.

Also sorry for doing this in multiple replies. I can't edit posts on mobile for some reason lol

Also getting 0.5-2mbps download and less than 1mbps upload on Alafaya from the tower west of Quadrangle. Looks like that tower has a lot more potential left to go before the entire UCF area gets full coverage.

Also sorry for doing this in multiple replies. I can't edit posts on mobile for some reason lol

How do you determine which tower the signal is coming from?

I saw a worker up on a crane on the tower at Chickasaw and 408, right behind Florida Hospital East at about 3:00 PM today.

Edited by Zandar
  • Like 1

Was at WDW for a little today and noticed that I was getting EVDO from some towers even though I was in an LTE coverage area (front of MK). I thought all of the LTE towers had eHRPD for the easy hand-off between 3G and 4G. Is that not the case?

I have to admit, the sensorly speed test sucks and doesn't provide accurate results..

Really?

I used to use Speedtest.net but I found that they would just go by whatever the final speed at the end of the test was, whereas Sensorly seemed more balanced because it looked like it was calculating based on how much data actually came down in each phase.

Edit: I'm certainly far from an expert though, so please don't take this as anything other than curiosity.

Edited by supersanborn

Looks to me like quadrangle tower is live. Colonial and rouse has over 10mbps speeds

Nvm not quadrangle but there is a tower near rouse and colonial somewhere that is new.

• Like 2

Really?

I used to use Speedtest.net but I found that they would just go by whatever the final speed at the end of the test was, whereas Sensorly seemed more balanced because it looked like it was calculating based on how much data actually came down in each phase.

Edit: I'm certainly far from an expert though, so please don't take this as anything other than curiosity.

Sensorly is inaccurate IMHO because it seems to open multiple short data connections instead of a few long ones at the same time like speedtest.net

Sensorly is inaccurate IMHO because it seems to open multiple short data connections instead of one long one like speedtest.net

Gotcha. Too bad Speedtest doesn't average the data over time as well. Would be best of both worlds.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Gotcha. Too bad Speedtest doesn't average the data over time as well. Would be best of both worlds.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Throughput samples are received at up to 30 times per second.
  • These samples are then aggregated into 20 slices (each being 5% of the samples).
  • The fastest 10% and slowest 30% of the slices are then discarded. We'll explain that more below.
  • The remaining slices are averaged together to determine the final result.

https://support.spee...ult-calculated-

Edit: mobile vs desktop flash seem to be identical with this:

https://dl.dropboxus...%2022.51.12.png

https://dl.dropboxus...%2022.41.01.png

Edit 2: I'm getting .50+ mbps at home and I live near 3 large campgrounds people practically live at; speeds like this are pretty consistent. I really wonder if the people getting .01 or .1mbps are having proxy / radio issues..

Edit 3: I just checked my bill and wow i've used some data; Sprint 3G Data : 6,656,438KB / 0

and somehow i've used : Sprint 4G Data 1KB / 0 KB Included

I guess I picked up some rouge LTE signal here in Daytona, Wish I knew where..