The tower by the 528 and I4 looks to have NV equipment installed and is more this likely waiting on backhaul. Hopefully it comes online soon. Will take a picture next time I go by it on my way to work.

• Like 1

The tower by the 528 and I4 looks to have NV equipment installed and is more this likely waiting on backhaul. Hopefully it comes online soon. Will take a picture next time I go by it on my way to work.

If it serves the old half of the convention center, it's gonna need a ton of backhaul.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Really? I work in that area and was just checking out that tower on Friday, but did not see any activity. I believe the tower located at JYP just south of the 528 will come on-line prior to the one you have mentioned, but we will see. Back to 528/I-4, I believe their is a roof mounted system on one of the high rises too, but I can't tell if it has been updated or even worked on for that matter. The 3g service in that area has really gotten slow as of resent and I will take that as a good sign until I'm told otherwise. My hope is with the larger conventions and summer tourist season soon approaching, Sprint wishes to have some semblance of a working 4g lte network.

• Like 1

Really? I work in that area and was just checking out that tower on Friday, but did not see any activity. I believe the tower located at JYP just south of the 528 will come on-line prior to the one you have mentioned, but we will see. Back to 528/I-4, I believe their is a roof mounted system on one of the high rises too, but I can't tell if it has been updated or even worked on for that matter. The 3g service in that area has really gotten slow as of resent and I will take that as a good sign until I'm told otherwise. My hope is with the larger conventions and summer tourist season soon approaching, Sprint wishes to have some semblance of a working 4g lte network.

Yeah during Megacon, the data and even the voice service was unbelievably slow. Texts wouldn't even send.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

It is this tower: https://maps.google.com/?ll=28.420339,-81.462285&spn=0.001825,0.002642&t=h&z=19 But I will again take a picture on my way to class tomorrow. I believe I saw the NV box instead of the big 3G older box but I may be entirely wrong.

Their has been some interesting work being completed on that tower in the last few months. T-moblie equipment that had been located on ground level has been relocated to a newly erected platform which is about 12 feet off the ground. I was waiting to see what, if any, equipment was going to fill that void. According to posted signs at this location At&t, Metro Pcs, Clearwire ("Wi-Max"?) and as previously stated T-moble utilize this tower. Wednesday I return to work and will check this site for more indications.

Note: Someone with more experience in this field might be able be able to inform us if Sprint would move from one tower to another since I have confirmed that Sprint occupies the tower located across the street near the water plant/north of Aquatica. I was expecting this location to get NV, but with the active birds nest on that tower perhaps NV could be moved? In reference to this tower, I have noticed several "antennas" and other hardware being stored inside the fenced area. I was assuming the antennas were NOT being installed due to the nest. After reading and viewing "how to spot nv equipement" on this forum, I believe this awaiting equipment to be AT&t, but I could be wrong.

Nevermind I think I was seeing things because it looks nothing like what the NV equipment picture by Sprint looks like. My eyes were playing tricks on me. All I know is I have 5 bars everytime I drive by that tower and the tower by JYP and 528 as well. So hopefully at least like you said, that one will come online before the other one. I'm really just waiting for the tower over by Universal to be updated.

Edited by Zach8503

And SeaWorld.

Good point, had totally forgotten about them.

On another note, I'm hoping today's speed test means my tower got backhaul upgrades and is maybe nearing LTE, as this is the fastest I've seen in quite a while:

Hopefully it's just that everyone is at work... I'm trying to keep the faith!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

uploadfromtaptalk1366727121068.jpg

Nevermind I think I was seeing things because it looks nothing like what the NV equipment picture by Sprint looks like. My eyes were playing tricks on me. All I know is I have 5 bars everytime I drive by that tower and the tower by JYP and 528 as well. So hopefully at least like you said, that one will come online before the other one. I'm really just waiting for the tower over by Universal to be updated.

Does the iPhone 5 actually show data signal strength? Cool if so....wish they'd bring back the 4G signal indicators like we used to have on the EVO (WiMax) and Sprint Galaxy S2 (before ICS took it away). Jerks.

Does the iPhone 5 actually show data signal strength? Cool if so....wish they'd bring back the 4G signal indicators like we used to have on the EVO (WiMax) and Sprint Galaxy S2 (before ICS took it away). Jerks.

Yes, it does. It's universal I assume for both voice and data. And according to the thread at the top of the forum.

Yes, it does. It's universal I assume for both voice and data. And according to the thread at the top of the forum.

Interesting. They really need to take that approach with android signal indicators. I could give a 4 letter word about voice signal strength. Tell me about data!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Interesting. They really need to take that approach with android signal indicators. I could give a 4 letter word about voice signal strength. Tell me about data!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Well then yes, it does indeed show the data strength unlike android devices. And I just looked at that thread up above to be sure and it says that the iPhone 5 does indeed show the right amount of bars. And I can verify that with speed tests. Whenever I have full Bars, I get EXCELLENT data speeds (3G speeds that is).

There is a new tower being built on the top of a stadium light at Showalter Field in Winter Park, but the guy working on it said it was a Metro PCS / TM tower...darn.

I second your darn and raise you a crap.

Personally, I'd just love to see Winter Garden, Ocoee, and Disney World all lit up with LTE, I'm primarily a West Side person, so that would help immensely. Now if Sprint could just hurry that up for me :D

Well then yes, it does indeed show the data strength unlike android devices. And I just looked at that thread up above to be sure and it says that the iPhone 5 does indeed show the right amount of bars. And I can verify that with speed tests. Whenever I have full Bars, I get EXCELLENT data speeds (3G speeds that is).

Excellent for Sprint you mean :)

• Like 1

There is a new tower being built on the top of a stadium light at Showalter Field in Winter Park, but the guy working on it said it was a Metro PCS / TM tower...darn.

I drove by and saw that a few days ago, I wondered if it was a new cell tower. Unfortunate Sprint isn't included, but interesting concept

Can't wait for Hunters Creek to get LTE already... Here its a constant (at least) 1 mb down. But today midday it was even better than usual even at peak times but then around 4-5 oclock it kept on telling me no internet connection... So yea i guess they were working on the tower or something but i think they work on towers early in the morning not 4-5 oclock so i dont know. Hopefully orlando gets compeleted by summer everything surrounding orlando seems to have lte they just need to move in the area were there are a lot of people living and not just the surrounding area.

Second tower is behind the Winter Park Police Department, and it so far has a whole lot of nothing.

842840_10100421659019313_987259207_o.jpg

I noticed that empty space on the tower at other sites too. I noticed that the towers at Econ & Colonial, Econ & University, and the tower by Brighthouse Stadium on UCF campus also have empty spots in the same place.

However, I also managed to snag up to 20mbps download and 10mbps upload at Econ River Wilderness Area just east of UCF at the end of McCulloch Rd. My Signal 2 Cydia app approximated the location of the tower I was connected to, which was close to Lockwood Blvd just north of McCulloch Rd. But yeah, this rollout process seems to have slowed down drastically since Avalon Park got LTE for the first time a while back.