Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

Abyss19707

My mother (we keep as family plan as it greatly lowers your per a line cost), called Sprint today and got transferred to some "special" department. Mostly she was complaining about how she still hasn't received non-roaming service back to her house since Sandy, but she also mentioned to them my complaints about non-working data in L'Enfant DC. Surprisingly the representative actually agreed with her and said that data should/would not be be working in DC due to pending upgrades. She said that the data should begin working on 11/11. LTE launch maybe? I'm a bit skeptical as she also told me they told her a very short timeline after the July Storm, though it took them a few weeks to get back to full service.

They did credit us $40 for the service issues, and scheduled a followup call, that was nice of them.

So kinda funny, this Sprint lady has been calling my mother every day to check up on her Sandy related service issues. Each day she says the issue should be fixed tomorrow, and she'll follow up the next day to confirm. I think yesterday my mom said to call her back in a week haha.

Though anyways, she has clarified that when she said my Washington DC issues should be going away on 11/11, that is because of LTE launch. :). Granted, she has been wrong 3 more times about my mom's service being fixed "tomorrow", though the launch is probably something more planned.

Not reading as LTE, but today is the rumored launch date here in DC and I see obvious speed increase lately. I usually get 100k-300k download on a good day. The last two days my speed tests have reached 1.1mb - 1.4mb, with the above 1mb speeds starting today. Sensorly shows 4g active literally 5 minutes from my house in NE lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I doubt that Sprint will launch today unless they made truly amazing progress in getting LTE sites ready. I am guessing end of the month or December at this point. They don't even have all of their sites unblocked.

I would love to be proven wrong, though.

I doubt that Sprint will launch today unless they made truly amazing progress in getting LTE sites ready. I am guessing end of the month or December at this point. They don't even have all of their sites unblocked.

I would love to be proven wrong' date=' though.[/quote']

Well I guess you better look at the Sensorly map because it went live.

Well I guess you better look at the Sensorly map because it went live.

What about Sensorly? There are some signals from probably two towers in DC and none from any completed Virginia sites in the DC market. The DC market has not gone live yet.

What about Sensorly? There are some signals from probably two towers in DC and none from any completed Virginia sites in the DC market. The DC market has not gone live yet.

SO I guess you haven't noticed those 2 DC sites have gone from a couple of points at each expanded since yesterday, because I certainly have.

SO I guess you haven't noticed those 2 DC sites have gone from a couple of points at each expanded since yesterday, because I certainly have.

Two towers does not a launch make. Especially when other completed sites are not live, even when those sites were completed long before those sites in DC. When other completed sites are unblocked then we can call it launched.

Two towers does not a launch make. Especially when other completed sites are not live, even when those sites were completed long before those sites in DC. When other completed sites are unblocked then we can call it launched.

So basically you want a generalization to be specific, you can't have it both ways. You said Sprint wouldn't launch the DC market today, but you want it specific to were you are at. Sorry can't help ya. They have launched it, just not specific to where you are at.

No need for bickering over minor points. Those two sites have been live over a week. However, launch is nothing but a milestone and a press release. Service will not look much different the day before launch as it will the day after.

One thing that is starting to occur in the DC market is a lot more sites are about to be discoverable soon.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

I flew in to DCA last night and haven't been able to connect to any lte but in my opinion 3g has been better than expected.

• Like 1

I flew in to DCA last night and haven't been able to connect to any lte but in my opinion 3g has been better than expected.

I was there yesterday, no LTE. 3G was 1.3Mbps average though, so that's good. A lot better then to 300kbps average before.

• Like 1

I was there yesterday, no LTE. 3G was 1.3Mbps average though, so that's good. A lot better then to 300kbps average before.

I am on a party boat on the Potomac river right now and I almost hit 3meg down on a speedtest before it settled down to 1.6 with an upload of 1meg. So far 3g speeds have been ridiculously outstanding. This is by far the best 3g performance I have experienced.

• Like 1

I am on a party boat on the Potomac river right now and I almost hit 3meg down on a speedtest before it settled down to 1.6 with an upload of 1meg. So far 3g speeds have been ridiculously outstanding. This is by far the best 3g performance I have experienced.

3megs?! That's way over my usual .03 down.

• Like 1

Does anybody know when (aprox?) LTE will come to Rockville MD it is in the list of 100 cities that should get LTE. I posted it in this part cause where i live is near DC.

I believe Rockville is in the DC market, so LTE will go live with the DC Market. You'll see some brief periods of LTE as they test the towers in your area to make sure they are working properly.

3megs?! That's way over my usual .03 down.

When I ran the speetest I was like wtf? I couldn't believe it, but it was consistent after several tests.

I believe Rockville is in the DC market, so LTE will go live with the DC Market. You'll see some brief periods of LTE as they test the towers in your area to make sure they are working properly.

Do you know when it will be up? i don't ask a dat just around when cause i have been waiting a lot :)

Do you know when it will be up? i don't ask a dat just around when cause i have been waiting a lot :)

Full LTE coverage may not be available for 3-4 months, but a LTE launch is expected in a couple weeks. Some people thought it might of been today, but that obviously was not true.

Full LTE coverage may not be available for 3-4 months, but a LTE launch is expected in a couple weeks. Some people thought it might of been today, but that obviously was not true.

What do yo mean by full LTE coverage so it might not come to my city? or what?

Edited by adamo696