Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

Abyss19707

What do yo mean by full LTE coverage so it might not come to my city? or what?

Eventually, LTE will be available everywhere you have 3G now. But it will take a while for that to happen. LTE will be deployed on some towers before others, resulting in spotty coverage at first, with it getting better each day.

• Like 1

Most of the towers in our market are just 3G complete. Don't they have to be 4G complete before we can realistically expect the market to launch?

I received the SMS text message today. My city was given as WAS.

There was no date given for Alexandria.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Given the way Sprint handles their markets... I would expect no differentiation between DC Proper and Alexandria. They call it all the Washington market.

Most of the towers in our market are just 3G complete. Don't they have to be 4G complete before we can realistically expect the market to launch?

In the Baltimore market whole bunches went from 3G complete only to 4G in two weeks time right at launch.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

fourth time i have tried "chatting" with sprint about the outage in the south Arlington area that has been affecting the area since the 22/23rd of october. Going on three weeks now and they still have zero fix. "Upgrades" are not a suitable justification for this either.

Does anyone know if a manager at a corporate service center has the same rights that retention agents do?

fourth time i have tried "chatting" with sprint about the outage in the south Arlington area that has been affecting the area since the 22/23rd of october. Going on three weeks now and they still have zero fix. "Upgrades" are not a suitable justification for this either.

Does anyone know if a manager at a corporate service center has the same rights that retention agents do?

You might have a problem with your phone because 2 other people were reporting good speeds since yesterday.

You might have a problem with your phone because 2 other people were reporting good speeds since yesterday.

There's a really long discussion on Sprint's form about Iphone 5's data not working. http://community.spr...essage/496864?. There's a bunch of suggested fixes, some saying if your phone was activated incorrectly your data speed would practically be unusable . It's a tough call to either blame it on the phone or network, because they can both be intermittent.

My guess is most of those issues people who are complaining about their phone are actually seeeing infrastructure issues. The more I get into populated DC/Arlington, the slower the speeds get, sometimes to the point of unusability. In the past week, it seems to have improved though.

One interesting note is that my Iphone5 goes to 2G all the time (the little circle), though my android practically never did. In a few spot tests, non-Iphone 5s (with Sprint) next to mine will keep 3g as well as better speeds. Is that just the way the I5's attena/firmware works -to prefer a slightly stronger 2g signal? Seems to be less than ideal.

Edited by jkapp
  • Like 1

Why exactly are upgrades not a suitable justification? When the upgrades are complete, if the problem was still happening maybe... but they've been very clear at Sprint that people will go through period of poor service as they work on towers. They are even crediting accounts from people who complain. Now if somebody right next to you is getting great signal and speed and you are not, then maybe it's something with your particular device.

Why exactly are upgrades not a suitable justification? When the upgrades are complete, if the problem was still happening maybe... but they've been very clear at Sprint that people will go through period of poor service as they work on towers. They are even crediting accounts from people who complain. Now if somebody right next to you is getting great signal and speed and you are not, then maybe it's something with your particular device.

Next to other Sprint Iphone 5's, they also like to connect to 2g, though other phones (4s, GS3) seem not to

Three weeks for subscriber in my area to have no voice/sms/weaker data is not cool. Not just my house. There are/were several people in Arlington comlaining about this on sprint's community site.

Dont get me wrong. I agree with you too. Ill take some down time to get nicer things in the end. It is just frustrating(especially when Sandy hit).

I will say that as of this morning things have been working too. I received ~30 MMS lol. Can finally make calls with out having to try ~10 times. I see LTE is spreading down 14th st as we speak . Things are finally looking up.

Edited by munsterrr

I don't have any formal speed testing apps for my HTC Arrive but I was able to stream an album using my Xbox Music pass from 267 (toll road) in Reston all the way down 66 to Constitution. The stream only cut out briefly (less than 2 seconds) a couple of times. Once I hit Constitution the stream became unusable.

I have to say this is the first time I have been able to get such consistent performance from my phone outside of a Wifi connection. If this is what the network is going to be like once the NV buildout is complete I will be happy. That is as long as data stays unlimited.

Now if Sprint would just get a Windows Phone 8 device in it's lineup... http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412052,00.asp

Me too. I thought since we are in one of the announced work in progress markets that whey would be unblocking them as they go.

has anyone seen the Sensorly map lately? downtown DC area is starting to light up!(Zoom in) ..unfourtunately Im about 4 blocks from the nearest light purple so haven't had my LTE cheery poped yet though if I have time later today I'll take that walk.