Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

Abyss19707

I was able to receive a LTE signal this morning traveling on 202 Landover Rd right near Japers and Ruby Tuesdays I know that Bowie, MD has a tower transmitting LTE but never had LTE show up until this AM even though just as quickly as I noticed it 3G had taken back over

Nahum, try the app "Not Roam Control".

Swyped from my SPH-L710

"Not Roam Control"? Was that a joke? If you were referring to Roam Control, I have an iPhone. I thought that app was pulled from the Play Store though?

I was able to receive a LTE signal this morning traveling on 202 Landover Rd right near Japers and Ruby Tuesdays I know that Bowie, MD has a tower transmitting LTE but never had LTE show up until this AM even though just as quickly as I noticed it 3G had taken back over

It's just testing. When DC softlaunches or launches, the tower will be broadcasting LTE full time.

I was on U Street last night for the election.. and LTE lit up on my iPhone 5 for the first time last night.. Not sure if it was in testing or if its officially released, but I never dropped connection in that area last night.

Edit: Speed Test from U & 14th NW http://www.pictureshoster.com/viewer.php?file=ifq0dz73i5ucaxgjnrqg.png

Edited by iKantSleep_5
  • Like 2

I was on U Street last night for the election.. and LTE lit up on my iPhone 5 for the first time last night.. Not sure if it was in testing or if its officially released, but I never dropped connection in that area last night.

Edit: Speed Test from U & 14th NW http://www.picturesh...5ucaxgjnrqg.png

Which isn't that far away from that newly complete 3G/4G/800 cell tower sitting at Dupont Circle.

My mother (we keep as family plan as it greatly lowers your per a line cost), called Sprint today and got transferred to some "special" department. Mostly she was complaining about how she still hasn't received non-roaming service back to her house since Sandy, but she also mentioned to them my complaints about non-working data in L'Enfant DC. Surprisingly the representative actually agreed with her and said that data should/would not be be working in DC due to pending upgrades. She said that the data should begin working on 11/11. LTE launch maybe? I'm a bit skeptical as she also told me they told her a very short timeline after the July Storm, though it took them a few weeks to get back to full service.

They did credit us $40 for the service issues, and scheduled a followup call, that was nice of them.

My mother (we keep as family plan as it greatly lowers your per a line cost), called Sprint today and got transferred to some "special" department. Mostly she was complaining about how she still hasn't received non-roaming service back to her house since Sandy, but she also mentioned to them my complaints about non-working data in L'Enfant DC. Surprisingly the representative actually agreed with her and said that data should/would not be be working in DC due to pending upgrades. She said that the data should begin working on 11/11. LTE launch maybe? I'm a bit skeptical as she also told me they told her a very short timeline after the July Storm, though it took them a few weeks to get back to full service.

They did credit us $40 for the service issues, and scheduled a followup call, that was nice of them.

Sprint has been doing alot of LTE market launches on Sundays so 11/11 would fit that trend I received a brief LTE signal where I live but havent been able to recieve it again.

Those speeds look very suspect but I supposed it's because the tower was in "testing mode".

Edited by ChazO

Those speeds look very suspect but I supposed it's because the tower was in "testing mode".

I took some 3G Test also to compare it..and its a big difference...

@ChazO I think your right... The server that i took that test on is named Washington,DC. (BETA)

Edited by iKantSleep_5

I took some 3G Test also to compare it..and its a big difference...

@ChazO I think your right... The server that i took that test on is named Washington' date='DC. (BETA)[/quote']

That server is a Speed Test server and has nothing to do with Sprint. I can select that server here in New Mexico for speed testing too. That server has had that name for over a year.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Over in the sponsor section some members are reporting they received text messages from sprint about a new network and gave whatever city they are in. Just curious if anybody else received a message from sprint in this market or any others

no mobile data for me in Chinatown DC right now. Calls are coming in but cant send /recieve messages nor use the internet. Tried airplane mode on/off , tried rebooting, no go.

Over in the sponsor section some members are reporting they received text messages from sprint about a new network and gave whatever city they are in. Just curious if anybody else received a message from sprint in this market or any others
I received the SMS text message today. My city was given as WAS.

There was no date given for Alexandria.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Hmmm I'm in Maryland. Never received a message. I'll check with the rest of my family and see if they got one

I work in Annapolis Junction very close to laurel there are two towers that I pass one is a sprint tower definitely at the Fort Meade exit and the other not sure about that sits across the Shell gas station from NSA either way the past 2 weeks there have been what looks to be contractors bringing equipment in the brown storage looking containers so I'm hopefull right now.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

what does it say? mind sharing a picture of it? I haven't received any from Sprint.

Hey guys' date=' a new prl just came out today, 25009. I just updated.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

[/quote']

It came out last week. Allows our Puerto Rico brethren to connect to LTE.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

sensorly maps is reporting that columbia Heights and logan circle are lit up. Check out the updated map

http://www.sensorly....t/lte_310sprint

this is a fantastic start.

I was just talking to someone on the random internets this morning tht is from arlington and works in china town too. must be popular places(i live on columbia pike and work on 18th/penn/H st NW)