Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I assume, based on your post, that the radios are Nokia on all 3 sectors but you just notice the panels are different. If that's the case, know that panels are not typically from the OEM and bought from 3rd party antenna companies. So OEM's sometimes mix antenna manufacturers. Nothing unusual there.

Also, there are a lot of different types of panels, based on beam width needed per sector. So the third sector could be a completely different beam width and thus is a different panel. And sometimes they have to use a different manufacturer for one off beam widths.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

2 of them look like Nokia panels and the other is shorter and wider. Your probably right.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2 of them look like Nokia panels and the other is shorter and wider. Your probably right.

Could it be some type of high capacity panel like I see on some of T-Mobile setups?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Could it be some type of high capacity panel like I see on some of T-Mobile setups?

Sent from my Nexus 6

If it's wider, it's likely a narrow beam antenna on that sector.  Like a 33, 45 or 60 degree.

• Like 1

Decided to start speed testing again this is what I got.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1350379509

This is awesome considering how bad 3G was. Also Wednesday we had some family over they all had metropcs/T-Mobile and was switching between edge and no service begging for our WiFi password. Then the next day my wife went over to her friends house where no one phone gets reception. My wife comes over and her iPhone 5s had LTE and was working like a champ. Her friend said I'm switching over to Sprint today. Lol. She thought that Sprint service was the same as the old shitty Sprint people remember.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 4

Decided to start speed testing again this is what I got.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1350379509

This is awesome considering how bad 3G was. Also Wednesday we had some family over they all had metropcs/T-Mobile and was switching between edge and no service begging for our WiFi password. Then the next day my wife went over to her friends house where no one phone gets reception. My wife comes over and her iPhone 5s had LTE and was working like a champ. Her friend said I'm switching over to Sprint today. Lol. She thought that Sprint service was the same as the old shitty Sprint people remember.

Sent from my Nexus 6

That's not a bad speedtest.  Old St Augustine, Phillips Hwy, and Southside are all experiencing some heavy congestion (>1mbps) during peak hours.  Do you have any negative side effects from being on Boost as opposed to Sprint?

EDIT: What part of town was it that T-Mobile decided to neglect? :)

That's not a bad speedtest. Old St Augustine, Phillips Hwy, and Southside are all experiencing some heavy congestion (>1mbps) during peak hours. Do you have any negative side effects from being on Boost as opposed to Sprint?

EDIT: What part of town was it that T-Mobile decided to neglect? :)

I'm not on BOOST I don't know why it says as my carrier ID. The areas with the bad service is Dinsmore area and the oakleaf area.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Anyone finding any CA?  Jacksonville, or Orlando market?  It'll probably be hard to discover until we start getting CA-capable phones on Sprint.

I seen lots of second carriers in Orlando on Sunday. About 8 to be exact so I'm sure its some there.

• Like 2

Is SCP capable of identifying this? Or are you looking at diag screen?

For band 41 second carrier you'll have to rely on GCI pattern or engineering screen for now.
  • Like 1

Is SCP capable of identifying this? Or are you looking at diag screen?

The last number to the GCI usually changes to the letter A but the PCI remains the same. That's how you know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regular panel.

Different wider panel + active birds nest

Is that a wide band 41 panel or regular dual mode band 25/26 panel?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Even though it defies logic, narrow beam antenna panels are often wider than standard beam. And I am unsure what a wideband panel is. Never heard of that.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Even though it defies logic, narrow beam antenna panels are often wider than standard beam. And I am unsure what a wideband panel is. Never heard of that.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Sorry didn't mean wide band. I was saying it as a "wide" band 41 panel.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Regular panel.

Different wider panel + active birds nest

So Steve Elfman may have had a point when he blamed slow network deployment in Florida on birds? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

OK, I'll stop now. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So Steve Elfman may have had a point when he blamed slow network deployment in Florida on birds? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

OK, I'll stop now. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually satisfied with the network in Florida. Not as good as the big two as far as connectivity but for the price I pay for service. I can deal with occasional drops plus I have unlimited data [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6

LTE in my area Normandy/Cecil Field has been pretty dismal the past days. Normally 2-5 dots but lately only 3G, two dots B26, constant switching between bands.

Speeds where I occasionally hit over 8mbps are now 0.5mbls or less on B26/25. Sprint needs to add capacity soon. :x

Sent from my M8

Speeds where I occasionally hit over 8mbps are now 0.5mbls or less on B26/25. Sprint needs to add capacity soon. :x

Sent from my M8

LTE in my area Normandy/Cecil Field has been pretty dismal the past days. Normally 2-5 dots but lately only 3G, two dots B26, constant switching between bands.

You guys report it? Sounds like a tower is out.

You guys report it? Sounds like a tower is out.

I've been reported it via SprintZone in numerous areas for the past 90 days.  Nothing yet.  Thinking about giving the network tech a call in in the Premier area.

• 3 weeks later...

Second carrier live in the Villages.

Signal was crazy low, but SNR was still pretty decent, did data actually work!? and what speeds were you seeing?

Also, 4x2 MIMO should be live..

That should help at edge performance..