Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Signal was crazy low, but SNR was still pretty decent, did data actually work!? and what speeds were you seeing?

I'm in Walmart by the tower. I have band 25 and 26 off to force band 41. Good speeds for such a low signal. I'm impressed. Just took this. Also I only have the Galaxy S5 sport and Nexus 6 so I can't test CA.951a3f98ea7869e161cb25915b46aace.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm in Walmart by the tower. I have band 25 and 26 off to force band 41. Good speeds for such a low signal. I'm impressed. Just took this. Also I only have the Galaxy S5 sport and Nexus 6 so I can't test CA.

Wow! That is awesome!!!

Looks like MIMO is working amazingly well!

If data is usable at signals lower than -120dBm on 8t8r towers, that would potentially  improve their coverage abilities.

Also, as you mentioned, this is not even taking into account CA, which would theoretically double this speed.

Good stuff!  B)

Wow! That is awesome!!!

Looks like MIMO is working amazingly well!

If data is usable at signals lower than -120dBm on 8t8r towers, that would potentially improve their coverage abilities.

Also, as you mentioned, this is not even taking into account CA, which would theoretically double this speed.

Good stuff! B)

This is what I got on a decent signal. Can't imagine the speeds if I could use CA 8cdda298118c303cabfaeed043f10f0b.jpg

• Like 3

Second carrier live in the Villages.

Oh Yes!!! I'm ready for them to upgrade more areas near me to B41.  B41 CA is the next step.  Really, really hope that the next Nexus supports B41 CA.

• Like 2

Oh Yes!!! I'm ready for them to upgrade more areas near me to B41. B41 CA is the next step. Really, really hope that the next Nexus supports B41 CA.

Band 25 was very usable even far inside often 8-14mbps. Band 26 was 8-12mbps. 3g was 1.1-1.7mbps. They are living the good life
  • Like 2

I may have to go back to that tower and see how far it goes. It just got CA less than two weeks ago so coverage should have changed. Also from my experience Sprint goes by dBm and not SNR by what band you are on. Of I am on a band 41 tower and a tower without band 41 is closer to me with better dbm it will take me to band 25 or band 26 to that tower even with better speeds and less congestion from band 41. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. Keeps band 41 from being congested but makes it more likely that surrounding towers with less capacity become congested.

This site for permits SUCK!

https://buildinginspections.coj.net/

I can't find anything, unless I know specifics about them...! 

The St Johns Cty Permit Search is way better, but it's not nearly as active.  You can even sort the search by communication towers!

http://webappserver1.co.st-johns.fl.us/bcc/GrowthManagementServices/Building/WATSWebX/Permit/SearchPermit.aspx

I'm really wanting to be able to see permits as they are added, but I just cannot find out how to navigate through this abomination of a permit database.

Anyone got a better site to look up Jacksonville Permits, or know an easy way to navigate through this one?

This site for permits SUCK!

https://buildinginspections.coj.net/

I can't find anything, unless I know specifics about them...!

The St Johns Cty Permit Search is way better, but it's not nearly as active. You can even sort the search by communication towers!

http://webappserver1.co.st-johns.fl.us/bcc/GrowthManagementServices/Building/WATSWebX/Permit/SearchPermit.aspx

I'm really wanting to be able to see permits as they are added, but I just cannot find out how to navigate through this abomination of a permit database.

Anyone got a better site to look up Jacksonville Permits, or know an easy way to navigate through this one?

Nope, I've always tried to search that site for permits and I've always failed.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• 2 weeks later...

47c78389a1c7292f49b4abceb70ce3f5.jpg49cac8370f5156c04149b23b8079e545.jpgCollege tower in Ocala something is happening. Verizon already has band 4 on it. In fact it was the first tower in the city to get band 4. T-Mobile already has band 12 and 20x20 band 4 on it. This leaves Sprint it could very well be band 41. It is a high capacity site after all. It has 6 sectors instead of two and is basically two towers. This would mean it will have 12 panels in total. It's already a bit crowded but I pray it is finally happening. Will band 41 finally come to these towers in need? Will I finally be able to have a good data experience again? Will John Legere cry his self to sleep tonight after Sprint beat them in root metrics 1st half? Find out on the next exciting episode of Dragonball Z!

• Like 2

Can anyone tell if this is a Sprint or T-Mobile permit?

http://webappserver1.co.st-johns.fl.us/bcc/GrowthManagementServices/Building/WATSWebX/Permit/BLPermit.aspx?PermitNo=11504157&PopUp=1

Only Sprint and T-Mobile are currently on that tower and Sprint's is 3G only.  T-Mobile has B4 already active there.

EDIT: The T-Mobile upgrade to LTE is here.

http://webappserver1.co.st-johns.fl.us/bcc/GrowthManagementServices/Building/WATSWebX/Permit/BLPermit.aspx?PermitNo=11407878&PopUp=1

The Project Name uses the cell site name which makes me think it's Sprint-Related!!!

Can anyone tell if this is a Sprint or T-Mobile permit?

http://webappserver1.co.st-johns.fl.us/bcc/GrowthManagementServices/Building/WATSWebX/Permit/BLPermit.aspx?PermitNo=11504157&PopUp=1

Only Sprint and T-Mobile are currently on that tower and Sprint's is 3G only. T-Mobile has B4 already active there.

EDIT: The T-Mobile upgrade to LTE is here.

http://webappserver1.co.st-johns.fl.us/bcc/GrowthManagementServices/Building/WATSWebX/Permit/BLPermit.aspx?PermitNo=11407878&PopUp=1

The Project Name uses the cell site name which makes me think it's Sprint-Related!!!

Yeah that sounds like a sprint permit especially with the cascade I'd.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Looks like it was not for Sprint. I don't see anything different for any carrier and they left already. I was really hoping for that miracle. Oh well.

That sucks. Wish things would get better for you down in Ocala.

Sent from my Nexus 6

That sucks. Wish things would get better for you down in Ocala.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I just found out that there are employees at the Corporate Sprint store with unlocked iphones using unlimited hotspots racking up 60-100gb month. They share the same tower as me. They could be the culprits. They bragged about it too. I had to explain to them the consequences of doing such things. They even had the nerve to tell me Sprint was slow. I was like not S*#t when your abusing the network.

• Like 1

I just found out that there are employees at the Corporate Sprint store with unlocked iphones using unlimited hotspots racking up 60-100gb month. They share the same tower as me. They could be the culprits. They bragged about it too. I had to explain to them the consequences of doing such things. They even had the nerve to tell me Sprint was slow. I was like not S*#t when your abusing the network.

I think you could contact Sprint about that... When they're the frontline people and they're saying Sprint is slow, that's the type of thing that should draw ire from the very top of Sprint and SoftBank, specifically Mr. Son and Mr. Claure.

• Like 1

Exactly alot of people don't think of things the way we do. They don't think about all the behind the scenes work that goes on. What's required to operate a wireless network. People look at it as if its a infinite resource.

Hell, I don't use 50gb on my home WiFi network that has at least 10 connected devices. Plus all the family that comes over that has my SSID saved in their devices.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

I think you could contact Sprint about that... When they're the frontline people and they're saying Sprint is slow, that's the type of thing that should draw ire from the very top of Sprint and SoftBank, specifically Mr. Son and Mr. Claure.

They don't tell customers that. I know a few of them on a personal level. They only tell me that. They're not stupid.

They don't tell customers that. I know a few of them on a personal level. They only tell me that. They're not stupid.

That's good. 

• Like 1

Exactly alot of people don't think of things the way we do. They don't think about all the behind the scenes work that goes on. What's required to operate a wireless network. People look at it as if its a infinite resource.

Hell, I don't use 50gb on my home WiFi network that has at least 10 connected devices. Plus all the family that comes over that has my SSID saved in their devices.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I have cox internet at 100mbps with me, my girlfriend and my step son. We have a Xbox 360, Xbox One, 3 Android phones, a nabi tablet, two laptops, a Nexus player, 1 Chromecast, 2 smart TVs both Vizio one being 3D and the other 4K. We go over the limit every month since we don't have cable. We use on average 400gb a month. 4k video and video streaming is the culprit.

Any reason Verizon would be adding new panels to a tower that already has band 4 and 13?

Maybe they are expanding into band 2. Maybe they are getting new panels ready for the AWS they've recently won. Maybe they are replacing the old CDMA panels with new ones because they burned out.

Sent from my Nexus 6