Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Meanwhile, in St. Augustine: Despite the downtown site being fully upgraded, I still experienced terrible service. I got glimmers of B25 and B26, but only in a few places through all of downtown. When I did get a signal, speeds weren't terrible (3-15mbps). EVDO was super slow, though - Pings in the 150+ms, 0.10mbps.

Eating lunch at A1A Aleworks, which has a second floor balcony, I was able to pick up a B41 signal, although it wasn't very strong. 9cc745cd22cdeeb672216890e3b95327.jpg

Obviously St. Augustine still needs site optimization. B26 will do wonders here once this happens!

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Meanwhile, in St. Augustine: Despite the downtown site being fully upgraded, I still experienced terrible service. I got glimmers of B25 and B26, but only in a few places through all of downtown. When I did get a signal, speeds weren't terrible (3-15mbps). EVDO was super slow, though - Pings in the 150+ms, 0.10mbps.

Eating lunch at A1A Aleworks, which has a second floor balcony, I was able to pick up a B41 signal, although it wasn't very strong. 9cc745cd22cdeeb672216890e3b95327.jpg

Obviously St. Augustine still needs site optimization. B26 will do wonders here once this happens!

So fast for such a weak signal.
  • Like 2

Band 25 and 26 are unusable at universal only band 41 works. Verizon is super slow here though. Att is the fastest with the best signal

On those band 41 pics in Orlando those were clear sites according to the 311-*** IDs.

Sent from my Nexus 5

On network.sptint.com it's not showing as upgraded. Anyone visually seen it?

Well I just added my friend onto my everything data 1500 a few days ago, and he picked up a G3. Seeing some fantastic coverage around here. Actually picked up 73DL/55UL over by Silver Springs Park a couple days ago. Which means to me that slOcala must be getting some B41 roll out. As for the B26 going down 441 we were actually testing it yesterday afternoon and yes, its defintiely heavy out there. Definitely looking forward to going Spark when I pick up my M8 in a couple weeks.

Also seeing some 1x800 on my SIII out on 42 in the Weirsdale area where just a month ago I was Verizon roaming. Unfortunately there's still a lot of dead air out there starting right before the Ocklawaha river and continuing almost all the way to 452. Lot of call dropping and Verizon roaming for both our phones out there. But then again I don't know of any carrier with solid service in that area, it is the sticks after all

• Like 1

Also, on a humorous note.... As for that Zaxby's opening up... today was their grand opening, it seems there were people camping outside the store on account of the first 100 customers would recieve free chicken. So I guess we're not the only ones who love Zaxby's lol

• Like 2

Well I just added my friend onto my everything data 1500 a few days ago, and he picked up a G3. Seeing some fantastic coverage around here. Actually picked up 73DL/55UL over by Silver Springs Park a couple days ago. Which means to me that slOcala must be getting some B41 roll out. As for the B26 going down 441 we were actually testing it yesterday afternoon and yes, its defintiely heavy out there. Definitely looking forward to going Spark when I pick up my M8 in a couple weeks.

Also seeing some 1x800 on my SIII out on 42 in the Weirsdale area where just a month ago I was Verizon roaming. Unfortunately there's still a lot of dead air out there starting right before the Ocklawaha river and continuing almost all the way to 452. Lot of call dropping and Verizon roaming for both our phones out there. But then again I don't know of any carrier with solid service in that area, it is the sticks after all

75/55? That's the fastest upload speed I've heard about. Did you take a screen shot?

Spotted another 8t8r install on i295 southbound right before the Collins road exit. That same site has clear gear on it but not broadcasting any b41. I take it the clear gear will be removed in 2015.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

Spotted another 8t8r install on i295 southbound right before the Collins road exit. That same site has clear gear on it but not broadcasting any b41. I take it the clear gear will be removed in 2015.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Interesting.  Is Sprint's B25/26 co-located there?  I've got a Clear only site near my work that could use an upgrade to B41 but wonder if they're going to go to the new equipment or not.

Interesting. Is Sprint's B25/26 co-located there? I've got a Clear only site near my work that could use an upgrade to B41 but wonder if they're going to go to the new equipment or not.

Yes its co-located that's what threw me off because the other 8t8r site in Orange park was not colocated. So I'm wondering if sprint is going to hit all high traffic NV sites first then go back and hit the co-located sites and decommission the old clear gear.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hmm.. that's still a few miles away from my wife's school. They need one to cover the Spencer's Plantation area. I still cannot hold a 1x out there. Although we do roam a lot more while at her school, and Sprint has confirmed that area is in a weak signal area.

I finally have a strong enough signal in my driveway to pull LTE and 1x, but still not strong enough in the house to get rid of the Airave.

Downtown has been great, they just need to fix the holes in Clay County, 2 of which affect me. :wacko:

• Like 1