Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Seems to me that if the tower isn't with in a mile of the store. You can't get a decent signal inside. On CDMA on sprint or VZW 1900mhz spectrum even when I tried VZW out for a few days I couldn't get LTE signal inside the very buildings where I couldn't connect to EVDO.

Surprisingly, T-Mobile has nearly perfect reception and signal strength in my store. The tower is roughly a football field away from my store. Verizon also has a site there but the penetration isn't as strong as T-Mobiles is. Of course, Verizons sites in my area are 1900mhz only due to the Altell merger. Verizon does have excellent LTE there, probably due to the sub 1ghz spectrum. (isn't verizons LTE on 700mhz or 850?)

I work at a Publix and unfortunately, it's made out of clay bricks painted over. Clay kills RF. :(

I've noticed many Publix now have WIFI for customers to use inside the stores... handy when the mobile network is blocked...

I've noticed many Publix now have WIFI for customers to use inside the stores... handy when the mobile network is blocked...

Yep.

Winn Dixie does too (at least the one that I occasionally go to does).

Yep.

Winn Dixie does too (at least the one that I occasionally go to does).

Both WD and Publix has WiFi. Walmart doesnt have it at the moment. I spend a lot of time in grocery stores and around the city and 1900 just doesn't penetrate those buildings well. Maybe when CDMA 800 comes online we will see some relief.

:( Third day in a row with no 4g LTE here at Old St Augustine Rd. That two weeks we had it was great!!!

I'm assuming they are working on it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

:( Third day in a row with no 4g LTE here at Old St Augustine Rd. That two weeks we had it was great!!!

I'm assuming they are working on it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I was there Saturday sand I had it. It went offline Sunday or Monday?

Well a tower near my house had 3g accepted and now when I go to the barbershop I went from roaming on 1x to 3 bars of signal. So I guess what everyone was saying a true about the improved signal.

According to sensorly the site in Ocala at maricamp is live funny because I was at that tower at 4am this morning and it was 3g only but the panels are there and the cabinets are too ill check in a few hours after work I guess

• Like 2

I picked up LTE signal on 103rd street on the opposite side on i295 heading towards Brannan Field Road. Couldn't figure out what tower the signal is coming from. At first I thought it was coming from the Chaffee Road tower that was completed last week. After riding toward the Chaffee tower this afternoon realized that the tower wasnt active. So I assume the signal is coming from the tower on Collins Road that was recently accepted.

I get full LTE signal in the 103rd area close to Chaffee rd. also, the tower at Normandy and Fouraker has lit up LTE as well, max DL speeds of 22 DL and 8.5 UP. very happy sprint customer here

The 103rd signal has to be coming from the collins road site. Also there's a another completed tower by the Kmart on Normandy. The map shows 3g completed.

The 103rd signal has to be coming from the collins road site. Also there's a another completed tower by the Kmart on Normandy. The map shows 3g completed.

I started receiving LTE before getting off the highway. So far I've gotten it everywhere in the Normandy area

New tower live in OP, solid 4G from College all the way to 295 on blanding. I think it might be the tower on Kingsley Ave. that is live.

Could be. I bounce from 4G to 3G to 4G (and 0 to 5 bars) on old jennings between blanding and branan field.

It doesn't help that the water utility is killing reception in that area with their wireless communication. It is also stuck between the one on kingsley, the one off of 220 and the one out of Oakleaf.

If anyone else in the area gets a chance, can you confirm what I see there? I want to open another network ticket on the signal.

Looks like the tower by Riverside Park is about to come up. Phone keeps going to LTE but there is no traffic passing. Full signal bars, about -74 dBm. After a few minutes it reverts to 3g, but it says EvDo under network type instead of eHRPD. I'm using a Note 2 FYI. It will do go back to LTE if I turn airplane mode off and on.

• Like 1

I rode across the fuller warren bridge and saw NV install on the top of the GHG building on oak street so that's where the signal is most likely coming from. Also I spotted a crew working on a tower on the corner of 103rd and shindler drive.

Mayport is pretty well lit up with LTE now.

Discovered a downside however, with the poor building penetration where I work my phone's battery gets drained extremely quickly as it attempts to maintain the 4G connection.

First world problems :-(

Now Jax beach needs some love!

Mayport is pretty well lit up with LTE now.

Discovered a downside however, with the poor building penetration where I work my phone's battery gets drained extremely quickly as it attempts to maintain the 4G connection.

First world problems :-(

Now Jax beach needs some love!

I haven't been out towards the beaches lately but I wouldn't be surprised if the sites are already done but not accepted yet

Saw a site being worked on in Orange park. Behind the Walgreen on Blanding past the BJ's.

Yeah, I see the new antennas are installed now.

Jax beach finally got some love!!! I don't know which tower but I noticed LTE strong and fast up around the 13th ave north and 3ed street area. Kind of near mellow mushroom.

• Like 1