Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I'm still seeing some coverage holes even when I get 4G signal in Clay County. I'm hoping the upgrades get the 3G out farther at least. I know that its not launched or completed yet, but hoping it does get better in some spots.

Argyle elementary is a dead zone still. While I got excellent 4G in Oakleaf and 4G off of Collins one morning, there was barely a signal on 3G at Argyle. My wife works at Argyle Elementary and she has always had a weak 3G. IConsidering that area is served by the two towers I got excellent 4G on, I'm still skeptical about that spot.

The other spot is my neighborhood. The utilty company has to have some major bleedthrough on frequencies. I can get -90 signal or better, but within a 1 block radius it can get well above -110 on 1X.

LTE when it's on gets -105 to -125 RSRP in that same stretch.

Its been tough getting an engineer to actually read street level values in that area.

Other than debug screenshots and a map of signal readings, is there a better means to show Sprint?

Otherwise I'm very happy with Sprint and its NV upgrades.

It looks like they turned on the tower to fill the gap between University and Emerson on 95. I sit right by the Highway and get 4G when I am outside but not inside. I did a speed test at the corner of Bowden and Phillips.

post-12535-0-18099400-1368472112_thumb.png

• Like 1

Sites are starting to go live in Putnam County...my childhood home (at least my teenage years). A few around Palatka and one west of Interlachen, which probably reaches my parents house near Cowpen Lake. It may be a good time to go visit my parents. Too bad they'll be here in New Mexico visiting next weekend.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Theres a couple sites on the map that shows 4g accepted and when I go by two sites in particular I dont see any NV panels all I see is legacy (what i believe to be sprint) panels. Is it possible that some of these sites are going to be GMO?

Looks like Blanding is covered from 295 to Brannan Field road

Covered, but the signal needs some major tuning. As soon as I go 1/4 mile off of Blanding onto Old Jennings and into my neighborhood, I lose 4G and have slow 3G in it's place. This attachment shows what I get. Other than that, I get great LTE once I am onto Old Jennings or Blanding. A 1/4 mile difference should not kill signal like that. It's something I've been fighting with Sprint about.

post-3754-0-73599300-1368824116_thumb.jpg

Covered, but the signal needs some major tuning. As soon as I go 1/4 mile off of Blanding onto Old Jennings and into my neighborhood, I lose 4G and have slow 3G in it's place. This attachment shows what I get. Other than that, I get great LTE once I am onto Old Jennings or Blanding. A 1/4 mile difference should not kill signal like that. It's something I've been fighting with Sprint about.

There's another tower behind the Walmart on Brannan-Field road that isn't upgraded yet. Maybe when that site comes online it will fill in the holes.

Theres a couple sites on the map that shows 4g accepted and when I go by two sites in particular I dont see any NV panels all I see is legacy (what i believe to be sprint) panels. Is it possible that some of these sites are going to be GMO?

PM me the site IDs and I'll audit them to make sure there is not an error. I've had to fix a few dozen over the past year.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

PM me the site IDs and I'll audit them to make sure there is not an error. I've had to fix a few dozen over the past year.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I'll do it this evening when I get off work

I've picked up some LTE on Atlantic Blvd around the Regency area. I switched to an iPhone so I can't map it on Sensorly. Hopefully, someone else will be able to.

• Like 1

Noticed a tower on 103rd and Schindler had two sections of panels setup when I passed by today and also was blasting full LTE signal to my phone....a few days ago I'd pass by and only get 3G.

That site has been complete for weeks now. I don't know if it was active or not

Is there ever any possibility that some cells on a tower aren't on? I'm looking at JA03XC081 next to Riverside Park. I can see the radio, it is probably about 600 feet away and I'm getting about -85 dbm on 4G and about -75 3G/1X. These cells are on top of a roof. Two appear to facing my general direction. Google earth says there are some on the other corners of the building facing other directions. If I walk 3 blocks west, I loose signal. I even walked in the direction where there was no tall building blocking the direction and it still drops fairly dramatically. Doesn't seem like it should behave that way to me.

Two more towers confirmed live in OP, the one at college and banding the other at banding and constitution.

Does this include NV or just LTE?  I noticed full bars and 1mbps+ download speeds over 3G on college the other week during a late night taco bell run with some friends.  I live in Fleming however and the reception in Eagle Harbor is still terrible

Does this include NV or just LTE? I noticed full bars and 1mbps+ download speeds over 3G on college the other week during a late night taco bell run with some friends. I live in Fleming however and the reception in Eagle Harbor is still terrible

The site just went live on the 11th with LTE. You should become a sponsor and then you can see the status of all the towers in and around Fleming. The interactive maps are great!

Two more towers confirmed live in OP, the one at college and banding the other at banding and constitution.

Does this include NV or just LTE? I noticed full bars and 1mbps+ download speeds over 3G on college the other week during a late night taco bell run with some friends. I live in Fleming however and the reception in Eagle Harbor is still terrible

Yeah Fleming Island is still very spotty even with 3G.

I have been getting better 3G speeds, but I can test that one by taco bell today foe you.

Yeah Fleming Island is still very spotty even with 3G.

I have been getting better 3G speeds, but I can test that one by taco bell today foe you.

I can tell you there is solid LTE all around blanding and College (taco bell included). The site is live and kickin!

The tower by tire kingdom doesn't have rrus from what I saw a day or so ago... Ard there ground mounted units there...

I was by staples the other day and had 33mbps down

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

The tower by tire kingdom doesn't have rrus from what I saw a day or so ago... Ard there ground mounted units there...

The one on Blanding and College?

Yes, the tower is just south of the intersection on the west/northbound side of blanding... Even went by there this am... I saw the array that's destined for it though, it only has 2 outer panels on each sector and nothing in between

• Like 1

Yes, the tower is just south of the intersection on the west/northbound side of blanding... Even went by there this am... I saw the array that's destined for it though, it only has 2 outer panels on each sector and nothing in between

Maybe the site on 103rd that's showing as accepted. Is built out the same way.