Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I can get some decent 4g speeds up in Orange Park, but once you get south of Knight Boxx I struggle to get anything on 4G. If you look at sensorly at Blanding and Old Jennings I mapped 4G at 1 bar and barely 1mbps.

Until they light that tower at Old Jennings and Brannan Field, that area is stuck with 3G including the new St Vincent's hospital. Backhaul is not an issue with that hospital being there. Just north and you grab Oakleaf and 4G or nw into Orange Park, or east to sr220 and college, or south into Middleburg.

• Like 1

I can't believe we've made it to page 2. JAcksonville is lighting up like mad!

Anyone want to start guessing when Jax will be launched as a 4G LTE market?

I'm guessing May 15th.

I'm guessing June or July we still have a lot of progress to be made in the Jacksonville city limits.

just spotted a tower on the Arlington expressway near the Southside Blvd on ramp that is nv complete but not active.

If you get a chance, locate the Site OD for that location and PM me. Thanks.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

just spotted a tower on the Arlington expressway near the Southside Blvd on ramp that is nv complete but not active.

I'll check it out this weekend when I'm back in JAX... I've noticed on one of my Galaxy SIII's that stays in JAX that he's getting some 4G use on his line... He doesn't hunt for it like I do... it just starts to work.... I did notice some purple the Sensorly map down on Old St. Aug Rd near the hospital there.. he works next to that so maybe his use is some 4G from there??? No 4G near where our house is yet but close by..

• Like 1

I'll check it out this weekend when I'm back in JAX... I've noticed on one of my Galaxy SIII's that stays in JAX that he's getting some 4G use on his line... He doesn't hunt for it like I do... it just starts to work.... I did notice some purple the Sensorly map down on Old St. Aug Rd near the hospital there.. he works next to that so maybe his use is some 4G from there??? No 4G near where our house is yet but close by..

I drive by the hospital on the way to class tonight. I'll map via Sensorly on the way. Hope I pick up 4g then. ;)

• Like 1

I caught 3 to 4 bars of 4G on Old Jennings between Blanding and Brannan Field last night. Nothing this morning though. I wonder if there is any power or equipment at that tower there. Hard to even see from the road and with SR23 road work going on I cannot really just park and walk over.

I saw some working going on today at the tower on the corner of Lem Turner Road and Trout River Blvd. I don't know if it was NV work. I didn't even see the workers installing panels just look like they were doing some welding on one of the racks. Hopefully, they were preparing the rack for Network Vision installs. :lol:

Drove by that site again today and just as I expected the workers are building some type of support beam. The rack itself doesn't have anymore slots for panels. Hopefully it's for a sprint install. I'll try to get pix tomorrow.

All week I've drove by the Old St Augustine Rd site and not once have I gotten an LTE signal from it. I think the Sensorly mapping is either inaccurate or is from another site that's off in the distance. It's possible the site went live for brief testing...

Has anyone's device been having a hard time picking up eHRPD?

Still no LTE in the part of Orange Park where I live. However, a couple of times driving through known strong LTE areas where eHRPD should be prevalent took a long while to pick it up. Even airplane mode didn't help get it any faster. Could be my phone though as I have read about Samsung Galaxy Note 2s in many threads experiencing lag in picking up eHRPD. Or as Robert might say on things...could be one or the other or a combination of both. Sure hope LTE continues to spread quicker throughout all of the Jacksonville Metropolitan area. Hope all of you have a Happy St. Patty's Day weekend.

looks like the Ocala and Gainesville areas and even Jacksonville for that matter have dramatically slowed down again. Meanwhile Tampa has passed even Miami in deployment. Ericsson is not doing that great at rolling out in a timely manner if Sprint was forced to make 250 million pops covered by the end of the year to 200 million that's a big delay.

looks like the Ocala and Gainesville areas and even Jacksonville for that matter have dramatically slowed down again. Meanwhile Tampa has passed even Miami in deployment. Ericsson is not doing that great at rolling out in a timely manner if Sprint was forced to make 250 million pops covered by the end of the year to 200 million that's a big delay.

There were a lot of sites accepted in the JAX market last week. Since each sites is in various states of upgrades, sometimes they don't coincide with steady completion dates. So you may have a whole bunch one week and a small amount for a few weeks. These are being done by humans, not machines. There will be an ebb and flow. What you are observing is not necessarily any failure by Sprint or Ericsson.

In my opinion, for a prelaunch market, Ocala has a lot of sites. And has more sites per POP than any other community in the JAX market. And more are coming. It just will keep getting better and better.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Day two without eHRPD. I'm wondering if its my phone or the network.

Every time I lose eHRPD, it comes back with a reboot.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

<br /><br />Every time I lose eHRPD, it comes back with a reboot. <br /><br />Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk
<br /><br />I've tried cycling airplane mode and rebooting still stuck on EVDO. Maybe its just the area near my home. I test things out when I leave home.<br />

<br /><br />I've tried cycling airplane mode and rebooting still stuck on EVDO. Maybe its just the area near my home. I test things out when I leave home.<br />

Tapatalk butchers another post!

• Like 1

Tapatalk butchers another post!

LOL. I thought it was just my phone that was messing up the posts.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2