Syph3r

Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Not yet from what I seen

I had a -102 dBm rsrp signal on i95 driving by Old St Augustine Rd. I think the site is live now but it seems Sensorly isn't mapping it like it should be. :s

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I had a -102 dBm rsrp signal on i95 driving by Old St Augustine Rd. I think the site is live now but it seems Sensorly isn't mapping it like it should be. :s

I've noticed my son who works near that exit is getting 4G usage on his Galaxy 3 from time to time.. Probably from there when he goes outside.. Near our home, no 4g LTE ( WIMAX was good in my neighborhood) yet in Arlington near the Dames Point..

Found a completed site at the I295 and I10 interchange.

• Like 1

New 4G site live in OP. I had signal from wells to blanding on 295. Tried to map what I could in sensorly. I think it might be the tower at Blanding and Collins road. Can anyone else confirm?

New 4G site live in OP. I had signal from wells to blanding on 295. Tried to map what I could in sensorly. I think it might be the tower at Blanding and Collins road. Can anyone else confirm?

Nevermind, I don't think there is a Sprint tower at Blanding and Collins. Not sure what tower its coming from but it seemed to be somewhere north of 295.

Woohoo!!!!! Old St Augustine Rd at the YMCA has 4g LTE. -95 signal.... 13 Mbps down, 1.2 up.

• Like 1

Picked up 4g signal at the Publix on Dunn ave today. I assume its from the site I spotted last week near the highlands library.

Can someone post a pick or reference one that shows what to look for on a tower that has LTE installed?

I really hope the St. Johns Town Center area gets hooked up soon. For such a busy area, it seems like an ideal spot to have a tower. Right now i really don't even get 3G there, and MMS doesn't work, either. I'm stuck waiting for full rollout so i can update my EVO with whatever update HTC issues to correct the LTE connectivity problems that plague my phone, and then root it right after that. Dont want to root until I am sure i can pick up LTE just like everyone else.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I just mapped some 4G I picked up downtown driving down State Street after coming off the Mathews bridge. I'm stoked!

• Like 1

I spotted some work going on at the tower on the corner of Normandy and Chaffee road. Not sure if its Sprint or T-Mobile at the moment. Its not Verizon or AT&T because their upgrades on the tower has been done for quite some time now.

I have a technical question:

According to SignalCheck Pro, when I'm at work, I am picking up a tower that is not one of the towers on the network vision sites map.

Does that mean that it will not be upgraded to 4G? If so, will it be possible for me to pick up another tower that has been upgraded to 4G when it's deployed?

Thanks.

I have a technical question:

According to SignalCheck Pro, when I'm at work, I am picking up a tower that is not one of the towers on the network vision sites map.

Does that mean that it will not be upgraded to 4G? If so, will it be possible for me to pick up another tower that has been upgraded to 4G when it's deployed?

Thanks.

usually apps like that only picks up 1x signal. A lot of time you can connect to LTE on a further tower than the tower your connected to 1x on and vice versa.

usually apps like that only picks up 1x signal. A lot of time you can connect to LTE on a further tower than the tower your connected to 1x on and vice versa.

Oh. Thanks!

I spotted some work going on at the tower on the corner of Normandy and Chaffee road. Not sure if its Sprint or T-Mobile at the moment. Its not Verizon or AT&T because their upgrades on the tower has been done for quite some time now.

Confirmed its Sprint !!!!!!

• Like 1

My friend that has an iphone 5 is getting LTE downtown, specifically around the southbank and down Atlantic and Hart. Which tower would this be coming from? Stadium? Doesn't seem like much new area mapped around there. I am due for an upgrade but not sure if I should keep waiting for LTE updates. Should all phones connect to an LTE tower if they have signal or do you have to cycle the radio on and off all the time? I'm still running fine on WiMAX so don't see the rush yet but the HTC Evo Design is getting a bit slow, only reason I'm still with it is because I have 5 batteries I can switch between.

My friend that has an iphone 5 is getting LTE downtown, specifically around the southbank and down Atlantic and Hart. Which tower would this be coming from? Stadium? Doesn't seem like much new area mapped around there. I am due for an upgrade but not sure if I should keep waiting for LTE updates. Should all phones connect to an LTE tower if they have signal or do you have to cycle the radio on and off all the time? I'm still running fine on WiMAX so don't see the rush yet but the HTC Evo Design is getting a bit slow, only reason I'm still with it is because I have 5 batteries I can switch between.

I get an LTE signal when crossing the Hart or the Matthews bridge. I can't seem to figure out where the signal is coming from but on the sponsor maps their is two towers in that area that are in progress.

How is the building penetration? Has anyone ever got a LTE signal inside of a building?

How is the building penetration? Has anyone ever got a LTE signal inside of a building?

I have lte inside many buildings, but the penetration of 1x and EvDo are better. On the bright side, when there's no obstacles for signal, LTE travels further.

• Like 1

Seems to penetrate well except for grocery stores. For some reason when I enter grocery stores my LTE takes a dump. When I exit it comes back. Must be something the building is constructed with.

Seems to penetrate well except for grocery stores. For some reason when I enter grocery stores my LTE takes a dump. When I exit it comes back. Must be something the building is constructed with.

I work at a Publix and unfortunately, it's made out of clay bricks painted over. Clay kills RF. :(

I work at a Publix and unfortunately, it's made out of clay bricks painted over. Clay kills RF. :(

Seems to me that if the tower isn't with in a mile of the store. You can't get a decent signal inside. On CDMA on sprint or VZW 1900mhz spectrum even when I tried VZW out for a few days I couldn't get LTE signal inside the very buildings where I couldn't connect to EVDO.

Picked up LTE signal on I95 between downtown and the Lem Turner Road exit

In Atlantic Beach, I watched my 3G signal drop and then connect to 4G. I don't think the handoff between the two is smooth at all.