Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Any ETA when the towers will be back up and running in Jacksonville?

What gave you the impression they were all out?

You asked when were the towers going to be back up and running as if they were all down.

You asked when were the towers going to be back up and running as if they were all down.

Hey everybody, new here.  I'm currently on Riverside avenue close to downtown.  Currently getting 329 kbps download and 155 kbps uploads.  I'd say if the towers aren't down they are being throttled pretty significantly...

Hey everybody, new here. I'm currently on Riverside avenue close to downtown. Currently getting 329 kbps download and 155 kbps uploads. I'd say if the towers aren't down they are being throttled pretty significantly...

Your getting those speeds on LTE?

Your getting those speeds on LTE?

I haven't had LTE here in Ridgecrest part of Orange Park for 3 days now. Got 3G only and it is killer slow. Sprint CSR says LTE is down and tech has been notified. He said 3G is getting hammered due to LTE being down. (:

I haven't had any problems today. I connected to all the LTE sites that I would normally connect to. Only problem I have is at home. I'm on the edge of LTE coverage and bounce from 1x to 3g constantly

I haven't tried 4G where I live, but my 3G is terrible. I get like one to two bars in my house...

I live around Old St. Augustine road and I'm on the edge of a "Best" and "Good" voice area and I'm definitely in a "Fair" WiMax zone. Blah, I literally almost dropped Sprint in favor for AT&T because of this. The only time I had full 4G was when I was within a mile of a 4G tower. Other than that, I have terrible service.

Maybe it's my E4GT that is the problem. I'd try for the S4 but it seems there's always a new phone coming out that's better. I'm losing faith in Sprint very quickly. Their only saving grace for me is the price of my monthly plan, but what's the point of paying a bit less for crappy coverage? Let's hope the next time I'm home my 4G is much better or I'm definitely switching service providers.

EDIT: I'm on a rooted version of GA10. If 4G improves then I'm hoping Sprint comes out with something similar to AT&T's S4 Active. That would be perfect.

Edited by ImageDynamix

sprint 3G is basically worthless, especially during rush hour. 

everywhere I've been on sprint LTE i've had great success except during the food truck rally downtown two weeks ago when so many people gathered in such a small area, then the LTE started to slow dramatically but it was still better than 3G.

they're still expanding the network. they just replaced the tower in front of Mayport and both my 3G and LTE got considerably better. where before I couldn't even bring up Google now I can stream Netflix all day long if I so desired. 

so best advice I can give -- keep waiting it out and it'll get better. if you can't wait and you're near the end of your contract then Verizon is probably your best bet, or T-Mobile if you never plan on leaving the city limits.

• Like 1

speedtest.net is calling it 4g LTE and my phone is saying it's in 4g mode...  Today I just got 1747 kbps download and 990 up. 

Well maybe its a part of testing I know that some towers around the riverside area just come online with in the last month or so. Sprint could be running test to optimize the tower. Also since that tower may be one of the only ones in the area their may be a lot of users on that one tower.

Alright guys, I'm going to need your help finding some 1x 800 sites. Let me know when you find any ASAP!

Just armed myself with signal check pro. This is a cool app. I have mine setup to notify me when I enter lte or 800 service. Along with my signal strengths in the top left.

• Like 1

Don't remember ever asking that. I've only stated on this site about my LTE being inconsistent.

On another note...

On my way to work I saw a newer model ford fusion with prominent sprint logos all over. Hmm I wonder what that was for?

Don't remember ever asking that. I've only stated on this site about my LTE being inconsistent.

On another note...

On my way to work I saw a newer model ford fusion with prominent sprint logos all over. Hmm I wonder what that was for?

Wrong person I meant to respond to itguyjax. But I don't know what the Sprint car means.

I saw some workers on a tower on Blanding blvd just past Brannan-Field road across from Middleburg high school. When I'm back over that way on Tuesday I'll check for nv panels

Confirmed it was a network vision site.

Any word on when is completion almost here. Internet speed is horrible on 3g AT Atlantic and Kernan.

I Think by the time sprint is done , especially with the 800, IT Will be behind again. Im seriously thinking tot changing service. I've Been with sprint for 12 years but speeds are worse thank metro pcs or straitalk...And they are unlimited too.

Very, very disappointed how slow They are moving.

I would have been better with sticking wish my old htc 4g wimax.....i just didnt think it was going to take sooooooo long....

Any word on when is completion almost here. Internet speed is horrible on 3g AT Atlantic and Kernan.

I Think by the time sprint is done , especially with the 800, IT Will be behind again. Im seriously thinking tot changing service. I've Been with sprint for 12 years but speeds are worse thank metro pcs or straitalk...And they are unlimited too.

Very, very disappointed how slow They are moving.

I would have been better with sticking wish my old htc 4g wimax.....i just didnt think it was going to take sooooooo long....

The work in that area may already be done but the site may not be accecpted. You may want to check out towers in the area to see if you recognize any nv work. Jacksonville has progressed a lot in the past six months. Iirc the whole market should be complete by years end.

I live in the same area. Other parts of Jax show up on sensorly but there seems to be a black hole in the rectangle between beach and atlantic and hodges and st. johns bluff. I use wifi at home. My girlfriend uses her AT&T network instead of wifi when she is over because their lte is often faster than my wifi here. The town center shopping area is awful, too. I will say that the Sprint LTE that i picked up while at RAM downtown was pretty awesome. I hope it makes its way to this black hole I live in soon... TONS of homes in this area that will benefit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Anyone else having 4g LTE issues? My device is having trouble with 4G after just a few minutes. It seems like it's going to sleep and staying asleep forever until I toggle airplane mode then it works for 5 minutes again. Could this potentially be a bad radio?

Anyone else having 4g LTE issues? My device is having trouble with 4G after just a few minutes. It seems like it's going to sleep and staying asleep forever until I toggle airplane mode then it works for 5 minutes again. Could this potentially be a bad radio?

Well, I have an Evo LTE so I don't know of there's any issues. Anytime I have a problem I assume its the phone.

Nope. My NV services are running excellent, when I can get a good signal. I've actually noticed my speeds have slightly increased On average for LTE in the San Marco/Downtown area.

LTE today:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373932702.718760.jpg

EVDO today:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373932763.885506.jpg

Nope. My NV services are running excellent, when I can get a good signal. I've actually noticed my speeds have slightly increased On average for LTE in the San Marco/Downtown area.

LTE today:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1373932702.718760.jpg

EVDO today:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1373932763.885506.jpg

Called Sprint, updated something on their end and had me update profile.  Seems to be working again now.

• Like 1