Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I understand just feel like Verizion and Att had a faster deployment and even Metro PCS has 4G LTE in Ocala making Sprint the slowest carrier in my area when it comes to data. I know Sprint will be better once this is done but its killing me knowing that I had the first EVO 4G the day it came out June 4, 2010 and i'm still waiting on some form of 4G network from Sprint. Hard times when it takes mins to get a email and can't stream music or videos on the go in daylight and it only works at night and early morning :(

I wish I could apply to be a tech just to help them update the towers in my area and then quit when its complete lol

I understand just feel like Verizion and Att had a faster deployment and even Metro PCS has 4G LTE in Ocala making Sprint the slowest carrier in my area when it comes to data. I know Sprint will be better once this is done but its killing me knowing that I had the first EVO 4G the day it came out June 4, 2010 and i'm still waiting on some form of 4G network from Sprint. Hard times when it takes mins to get a email and can't stream music or videos on the go in daylight and it only works at night and early morning :(

I wish I could apply to be a tech just to help them update the towers in my area and then quit when its complete lol

I can't wait until the day when att, VZW, and tmo are all bogged down and congested because they all chose to half ass their networks by concentrating on certain sites or skipping over sites just to get extra pops of 4g coverage instead of upgrading all their sites like sprint is doing with their build out. Even tmo here is Jacksonville are upgrading their sites pretty fast. We all know (those of us here on s4gru) that when sprint is done working we will have a top notch network with unlimited 4g data and lower pricing than all three carriers including tmo with their value plans and handset financing.

• Like 1

Hi folks new here, just got an iphone 5 so I have spotted 3 towers with LTE in Gainesville one off 34th street near alley katz, one off 39th ave at the girls club and another off Archer rd near sw 91st street, seems to be working pretty well the speed tests are impressive. There might be others but I have not ventured to all the areas. Available to collect info on the sites or pictures if anyone is interested.

Hi folks new here, just got an iphone 5 so I have spotted 3 towers with LTE in Gainesville one off 34th street near alley katz, one off 39th ave at the girls club and another off Archer rd near sw 91st street, seems to be working pretty well the speed tests are impressive. There might be others but I have not ventured to all the areas. Available to collect info on the sites or pictures if anyone is interested.

We have maps in our Sponsor area that show all the sites in Gainesville. And all over the country.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I hope we get close to that "being done date" I hate the slow speed it makes my gs3 look like my old Samsung Instinct when compared to my wife's Evo Wimax. Having wimax decent (2 to 6mb) both in the conde and now in the house was the reason I cut comcast and home internet about 2 years ago (for which I thank sprint, but now ......i hate it)..... it's a love hate relationship but I'm not ready to get home intrnet if lte is close, and if it will be covered (and by close I do not mean another 2 years SPRINT)

I saw some working going on today at the tower on the corner of Lem Turner Road and Trout River Blvd. I don't know if it was NV work. I didn't even see the workers installing panels just look like they were doing some welding on one of the racks. Hopefully, they were preparing the rack for Network Vision installs. :lol:

Passed the site again today. It has nv panels installed with 4 ruu per panel. Apparently the workers had to build a support bar to mount the new panels because the existing rack doesnt have a slot to install the panels like some of the existing sites in Jacksonville.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

4G now live on I-295 around old St. Augustine Rd.

Mapped in Sensorly for your viewing pleasure :-D

I got a blip of it on i95 exit by the baptist hospital Tuesday. I'm going to be driving by it tomorrow to class so I'm going to map it tomorrow. ;)

• Like 1

I've been mapping my trip from Middleburg to downtown via Blanding daily. This morning was the first time I caught any 4G north of 103rd. Faint, but it has been mapped at least.

Btw, 3G is dog slow from 103rd through riverside at times. I mean dialup slow. Be glad when they get that area done.

Is there anyway to tell official if you are benefiting from improved 3G through network vision? My site has always been terrible on 3G in daylight hours but in late night and early morning hours I can cap at about 2.10 mbps down and .80 up. I know you listed this site in Ocala as in progress since late January and I haven't seen anyone going to the towers nor do I see any sign of network vision going on. I even called tech support and they said nothing is planned to be done to the tower in the next 90 days but my data speeds in day light hours have improved from 0.10-0.20 down to around 0.20-0.60 down average.

Is there anyway to tell official if you are benefiting from improved 3G through network vision? My site has always been terrible on 3G in daylight hours but in late night and early morning hours I can cap at about 2.10 mbps down and .80 up. I know you listed this site in Ocala as in progress since late January and I haven't seen anyone going to the towers nor do I see any sign of network vision going on. I even called tech support and they said nothing is planned to be done to the tower in the next 90 days but my data speeds in day light hours have improved from 0.10-0.20 down to around 0.20-0.60 down average.

Usually you can tell by steady high upload speeds. Nv upload on 3g seems to average around .8 Mbps, up to 1.05mbps.

4G is live back in Oakleaf, I mapped what I could in Sensorly on my ride to work this morning. I'll map more on the ride home today.

The site that this signal is coming from could be the site on Brannan field and kindlewood Dr. The site behind the church has full NV upgrades.

Edit: I see the site as accepted on the map. :-D

When I'm at my home and I go into airplane mode to see if lte is around I noticed it starts out with a lte sign but never connects then goes straight to ehrpd. It only happens at my house or when of course when I'm actually connecting to a live lte tower. Does this mean there is a tower near by being blocked or is being upgraded because I have been to all the towers I can connect to at my home and I seeno ruus or anything

Screenshot_2013-03-29-08-05-41.png

Has anyone noticed an issue with 3G/4G handoff? I stream music in the morning during my commute and I notice that whenever there is a need for the 3G signal to handoff to the 4G signal, my streaming is interrupted for about a minute or so. It's annoying! I would think the problem would be the other way around.

Actually, the problem I have is that my phone rarely switches to 4G unless I toggle airplane mode. It's really annoying!

To answer your question, though, I haven't experienced the delay from 4G to 3G that you have.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2