Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

I called twice and asked for my MSL. I don't know if I have terrible luck, or if it really isn't as simple as people make it out to be.

It is much more simple for me to use CDMA Workshop

Most sprint service and repair stores in my area will give you the msl as long as you verify the account.

In case anyone was interested in something to run on their Note2 by yours truly...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2157332

You should start your own thread for this ROM. As soon as I decide to leave stock ROM, this is what I will go to.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

You should start your own thread for this ROM. As soon as I decide to leave stock ROM, this is what I will go to.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Will definitely do this. Some of the folks over at XDA don't appreciate the humor of my ROM's first post. They take things to serious. It's the internet! Sheeshh..lighten up before I say "Let me introduce you to AJ."

• Like 7

In case anyone was interested in something to run on their Note2 by yours truly...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2157332

Thanks for adding that doc that shows what programs you took out of your build. I took out a good amount out of my MA5 build that's already on your list, but there are a few on there I wasn't sure about until seeing it. Might even install your ROM just cause that battery icon looks better than the green one that comes by default. Great work!

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy Note II using Forum Runner

For those that want to get there msl, in the playstore there is a app called get my msl. Install it, go to phone dialer type ##3282# select edit and type 222222 which will give you a wrong code error leave phone dialer, start get my msl and hit the button. It works on the Note 2.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

For those that want to get there msl, in the playstore there is a app called get my msl. Install it, go to phone dialer type ##3282# select edit and type 222222 which will give you a wrong code error leave phone dialer, start get my msl and hit the button. It works on the Note 2.

I tried to use the app by itself and it didn't work. (just to see if it could)

Then I followed your directions and it worked. Thanks!

However, since this instructions are not on the app, I could see people getting frustrated with it not working.

You need the MSL to use a non stock rom?

Nope, but it's nice to have. I used the easy method that kg4icg references.

Doesn't take me but about 15 minutes or so with Titanium Backup. I also use AppBak too as I only restore data with Titanium Backup.

Sent from my little Note2

About to check out your ROM so I can get rid of this dang "Update Available" nag. Any particular reason you don't use Titanium Backup for Apps as well?

Updated version of the ROM posted (will start my own ROM thread here later):

2013/02/24 - Removed the calls to show the "eyeball" icon when smartstay is turned on. Removed the 100% battery notification. Removed FWUpgrade.apk. Removed the "You have lost data connectivity" nag when you switch over to roaming. Look at that! I didn't add anything new but released a new version! WOOHOO

• Like 5

I have an annoying issue with my Note II that just recently started. It won't let me disable the roaming guard on domestic roaming or international roaming (only "Outgoing SMS" in the internation section is not grayed out). Now when I do roam, the data guard came up and had the option to not show again, but when making calls, it dosen't give you that little check box to not show it again. Any ideas? I'm stupmed.

Added pic below:

8507166861_e25f481cf9.jpg

Roam Guard by rrxingmtr, on Flickr

I have an annoying issue with my Note II that just recently started. It won't let me disable the roaming guard on domestic roaming or international roaming (only "Outgoing SMS" in the internation section is not grayed out). Now when I do roam, the data guard came up and had the option to not show again, but when making calls, it dosen't give you that little check box to not show it again. Any ideas? I'm stupmed.

Added pic below:

8507166861_e25f481cf9.jpg

Roam Guard by rrxingmtr, on Flickr

What ROM are you running? Can't be official Sprint OTA firmware since your icons up top are blue instead of gray & green.

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

What ROM are you running? Can't be official Sprint OTA firmware since your icons up top are blue instead of gray & green.

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

It's stock. I rooted and recolored the icons myself. It just recently started doing this. I switched from Automatic to Home Only for the roam network setting, and then back and it grayed them out.

It's stock. I rooted and recolored the icons myself. It just recently started doing this. I switched from Automatic to Home Only for the roam network setting, and then back and it grayed them out.

Maybe because you have it set to home only it grayed the options out because they wont be needed. Home only means your device will only connect to sprint signal and will not roam. So when ever you go to a location where you would normally roam you will not have a signal at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7

• Like 1

Maybe because you have it set to home only it grayed the options out because they wont be needed. Home only means your device will only connect to sprint signal and will not roam. So when ever you go to a location where you would normally roam you will not have a signal at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I just switched to Home Only for a few minutes, because my phone was having trouble switching to an Airave. Once it connected, I switched it back to automatic. Still won't let me uncheck it. It only lets me uncheck Outgoing SMS on International. Very odd...

I just switched to Home Only for a few minutes, because my phone was having trouble switching to an Airave. Once it connected, I switched it back to automatic. Still won't let me uncheck it. It only lets me uncheck Outgoing SMS on International. Very odd...

Are you on the latest firmware released, MA7?

• 3 weeks later...

AAAAH! :twitch: My poor Note 2 took a swan dive today and is completely shattered!! :wall: The insurance deductible is now $200 in case anyone has need of it in the future.

The worse part about it, is that due to the popularity of the device, they are backordered and it will take 5 business days for a replacement?!

No case? Mine landed in a puddle of wood stain. Had to wash off the otterbox but all was good. This otterbox has paid for itself many times with the crazy insurance and deductible prices.

Popularity? People always say on here it is for a very small market. ;)

Sent from my little Note2

First thing i do with a new phone out of the box is it goes in a rugged case.

Right now my note is in a Ballistic SG series. About $20 on Ebay This has saved my phone more than once.

Plus if you sell your old phones you get top dollar becuase they look like brand new. its worth the added extra size for protection.

The Note 2 would not survive a fall from any height and survive with all that glass surface area and plastic case

AAAAH! :twitch: My poor Note 2 took a swan dive today and is completely shattered!! :wall: The insurance deductible is now $200 in case anyone has need of it in the future.

The worse part about it, is that due to the popularity of the device, they are backordered and it will take 5 business days for a replacement?!

Ouch! So sorry that happened to you. Hopefully you'll get your replacement before 5 days.

I have a case, it just was not in it at the time (for once) and that is when bad things tend to happen. The only reason it wasn't in a case is because my gorilla gadgets extended battery covered decided to shit the bed on me 2 days after purchase (broken/bent microusb); I really should contact them for a replacement/refund. I failed to put it in my case the moment I took it out of there. Sadly, when you aren't used to the device without a case you forget how slippery it can actually be.

You guys are making me nervous with all these Notes falling and breaking.

Time for me to bubble wrap this thing. :o

TS

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I don't take one foot step until mine is securely in my pocket. Probably why I've avoided drops thus far (knock on wood).

• Like 1