Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

I live in a Samsung market with 800SMR. I've been able to pick up 800SMR on digi's PRL and then updated PRL to 2006... looks like 800SMR is still blocked. Switched back to digi's PRL, 800SMR is picking up again. No fix yet. :td:

never should have bought this Samsung junk. Tired of htc. Wonder why the update then for the prl? I did notice tho better signal on this phone. And just before the update. I had no data.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

never should have bought this Samsung junk. Tired of htc. Wonder why the update then for the prl? I did notice tho better signal on this phone. And just before the update. I had no data.

Not sure what they updated... I'm sure digiblur might come up with a comparison look at what was added/removed.  Other than that, glad that it's helping you.  Even though I'm in a 800SMR area, the signal is weak (due to distance) and I still get disconnected all the time.  I figure I'll be stuck with this Airave (I'm not complaining about it, it's awesome!) as long as I'm with Sprint or living in this area.  

I live in a Samsung market with 800SMR. I've been able to pick up 800SMR on digi's PRL and then updated PRL to 2006... looks like 800SMR is still blocked. Switched back to digi's PRL, 800SMR is picking up again. No fix yet. :td:

is smr usable for you on the note 2? I can connect to it and occasionally make a call/text but sometimes it won't connect. Is yours solid I'm the Samsung market? I'm in an Ericsson market.

is smr usable for you on the note 2? I can connect to it and occasionally make a call/text but sometimes it won't connect. Is yours solid I'm the Samsung market? I'm in an Ericsson market.

It didn't work for 6 or so days when it first launched on a few sites here. Only text worked. This was all phone types though. They fixed it and it worked until for a month until they blocked the connections. They haven't fired up any others around the area as I would see them on the spectrum analyzer. They shut off the 800smr rollout here just like they shut off the RRU rollout back in June.

I used my Note2 in Dallas and Vegas on 800SMR with no issues. Plus you have to think everyone was using it in chicago for a while as well. All roads lead to the Shentel reports when they launched that SID.

Yes, 800SMR works for me when I use it around town, etc. I still have to use a modified PRL (to access 800SMR) and an Airave since it doesn't quite reach home at the moment. As digi said, Shentel markets seem to be the area where most complaints were made.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

Does anybody think connecting to smr for the note 2 could be modem related? I'm not familiar enough with modems to really know for certain, but since different people are being able to connect and there are multiple modems I thought I would ask.

Does anybody think connecting to smr for the note 2 could be modem related? I'm not familiar enough with modems to really know for certain, but since different people are being able to connect and there are multiple modems I thought I would ask.

Latest baseband and ROM base here.

Yes, 800SMR works for me when I use it around town, etc. I still have to use a modified PRL (to access 800SMR) and an Airave since it doesn't quite reach home at the moment. As digi said, Shentel markets seem to be the area where most complaints were made. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

can you let us know what rom and baseband you are running?

I'm riding shotgun going up I-25 in Colorado. Note 2 will park in 1X 800 and won't work at all. My son's GS3 is a champ on 1X 800. I'm playing with it while he drives. Texts work great, so does voice. :(

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Maybe its a rom issue? When my Note 2 was running Jellybomb rom, I could not get the PRL working at all, but with MacksRom, i was able to install it and get it working.

I don't think it's a Rom or a PRL issue. I can install a sponsor PRL that enables smr and flash any ROM and connect to smr. The possible is using smr when connected. It is hit and miss for me, completely miss for some, and successful all the time for others. It's really weird. I think we know something is up or Sprint wouldn't have issued a special Prl blocking smr only for note 2's. The question is why does it do it and can it be fixed.

So I gave every modem a shot and nothing really came of it. I can still make a call on smr after about twenty seconds of connecting once in about five call attempts and can send a text to self occasionally. I'm determined to talk with someone at Sprint engineering as they have to know something or they wouldn't have pushed prl 2000.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

So I gave every modem a shot and nothing really came of it. I can still make a call on smr after about twenty seconds of connecting once in about five call attempts and can send a text to self occasionally. I'm determined to talk with someone at Sprint engineering as they have to know something or they wouldn't have pushed prl 2000.Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

we are at prl 2006 now.

we are at prl 2006 now.

I don't think it changed anything related to smr though. I was just making the point that they removed smr from the prl intentionally.

I don't think it changed anything related to smr though. I was just making the point that they removed smr from the prl intentionally.

I'm thinking after we get the 4.2.3 update they might have the fix in it. Cross our fingers.

I'm thinking after we get the 4.2.3 update they might have the fix in it. Cross our fingers.

Note 2 is skipping 4.2 entirely. 4.3 testing has already started per Sprint: http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L900/latest

(L900VPUBMIA is the latest build and if you read through that blob of text, it'll read "OSVersion" as 4.3)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

• Like 1

We better get 800 back in the next release.  I am looking forward to that at times more than LTE itself here in WI.  I agree with Robert..  we may think it is working with an alternate PRL, but it seems it uses 1900 anyway.

We better get 800 back in the next release.  I am looking forward to that at times more than LTE itself here in WI.  I agree with Robert..  we may think it is working with an alternate PRL, but it seems it uses 1900 anyway.

Before they shut it off here in my market it worked.  I did many tests from active loopback calls to 1X data sessions with pings while traveling.  You could watch the 1X debug screens and clearly see it was on channel 476 and doing it's thing.

• Like 1

we are at prl 2006 now.

Time for a PRL update. I'm still showing 2000

EDIT:  EEEEEK. I just dropped down to 102-103 dBm on signal strength after the update.  Had 94 prior.  What did we lose in this PRL update?   @digiblur any ideas?

Edited by JohnHovah

How does the speed of the Note 2 compare to the HTC One? How bad am I being gypped if I were to trade my One for a Note 2 in your opinions? I know it's relative; I'm just curious.

I'd feel sorry for the previous Note2 user as they'd be getting ripped off ;)