Report Your LTE Connection Here

Just now I got 4g signal in Gaithersburg, MD where I work. I didn't see any noticed that it was officially switched on. I'm reading these signals in a building so take them with a grain of salt. I also ran a couple of speed tests which were hit or miss.

Signal info:

Strength: -90dBm 4 asu

Network Type: LTE:14

PRL: 25010

Speed Tests:

1) 8.98 Mbps down, 0.25Mbps Up, 72ms ping

2) 4.05 Mbps down, 0.21 Mbps up, 75ms ping

3)7.14 Mbps down, 3.94 Mbps up, 89ms ping

I live up the road from there. Seems like 4G got cut off beyond Clopper/Quince Orchard Rd (towards the side of NIST). It was an abrupt cut off as well meaning on the same side of the Sprint Store (3 bars 4G)/ Other side towards Rt 28, (3 Bars 3G only). Oh well I guess i have to wait till my nearest tower on Great Seneca gets NV updates. 4G was strong too. I was in the Costco around there and I was in the freezer section and still manage to get 2 bars 4G.

Edited by tonytony24

Starting to see 4g blips pop up on Sensorly in Hampton Roads, VA region. See the Norfolk thread in the Markets sub-forum for some test results.

We have maps of the sites that are live or very soon to be in our Sponsor Maps: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

Robert

• Like 1

Getting LTE in Saint Petersburg, FL at Hwy 19/34th St N and 5th Ave N. See it on the S3 but not my Evo 4g LTE. Speeds are a bit hum-drum however. Downloading about 2-3mbps

You have a very weak signal then. That's why the speeds are low and why the EVO LTE will not pick it up. It has weaker LTE radio performance.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last Thursday, I was at the Mitsuwa Marketplace in Edgewater when I saw an LTE connection on my iPhone 5, so I'm assuming that it was [removed] that was providing that signal. I was in a hurry at that moment though, so I didn't get to run any speedtests or mapping.

• Like 1

Early Christmas present from sprint :)

4 bars of signal (boosted from 1-2 bars and occasionally roaming) and LTE in my home!

Hope you have a very merry LTE Christmas! Enjoy!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So what incentive is there for me to report my newly-found LTE connection, if the coverage maps are not freely available?

This thread is for members to report what they find with each other. In our NV Sites Complete Maps we only show sites complete from official data from Sprint sources, regardless of what gets posted here. It is very expensive to run this site, and our members have selected to have it be a private site where our expenses are paid by Sponsorship, instead of a commercial site with ads. We are kind of like PBS or NPR in that regard.

We offer out of appreciation to our Sponsor and Premier Sponsors additional benefits and content. We are a not for profit site, and the funds we raise go to pay the sites expenses. We have a few members who have granted gift memberships to those who are unable to make financial contributions to support S4GRU. If that describes you, send me a Message through the site and we can provide for you a six month sponsorship complimentary from one of our generous sponsors.

Otherwise, if you would like to become a S4GRU Sponsor, there is more information available in this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

• Like 1

Robert, thanks for the explanation. Is there a master thread that gets updated as more people add their input, or must one search through existing threads? Anyways, within the last few weeks, LTE coverage has shown up in San Marcos, TX (a small college town between Austin and San Antonio.) There are still places in town that do not have coverage, but the southeast side seems to have pretty solid coverage though. Download speeds vary from 4mbps to 20mbps.

Robert, thanks for the explanation. Is there a master thread that gets updated as more people add their input, or must one search through existing threads? Anyways, within the last few weeks, LTE coverage has shown up in San Marcos, TX (a small college town between Austin and San Antonio.) There are still places in town that do not have coverage, but the southeast side seems to have pretty solid coverage though. Download speeds vary from 4mbps to 20mbps.

We have a non Sponsor thread for actitivty in the Austin market (which includes San Marcos) here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2092-network-visionlte-austin-market/

Additionally, our Austin topic in the Sponsor section is one of the most happening threads in all of S4GRU. We have some very committed wireless nerds in that thread.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hm.... I sense congestion starting to happen D:

I keep track of 2 towers in my area regularly so I'm sure this isn't just someone hogging up the bandwidth, when these towers first got LTE, I could easily hit 20-25 Mbps download, nowadays though I get average of around 4-8 Mbps..... Not that I'm complaining about those speeds compared to sprint's 3G ;) Plus those speeds are within what sprint is telling us to expect. Just worried about congestion :( in cases where congestion DOES become a real problem, what would sprint do?

Hm.... I sense congestion starting to happen D:

I keep track of 2 towers in my area regularly so I'm sure this isn't just someone hogging up the bandwidth, when these towers first got LTE, I could easily hit 20-25 Mbps download, nowadays though I get average of around 4-8 Mbps..... Not that I'm complaining about those speeds compared to sprint's 3G ;) Plus those speeds are within what sprint is telling us to expect. Just worried about congestion :( in cases where congestion DOES become a real problem, what would sprint do?

The SF Bay market hasn't launched except for Fairfield and Santa Rosa. More sites coming online will increase capacity dramatically. We also get lots of performance variation in unlaunched markets. Still a lot of work going on...with the network with the LTE cores. Nothing to be concerned about at all.

The SF Bay market hasn't launched except for Fairfield and Santa Rosa. More sites coming online will increase capacity dramatically. We also get lots of performance variation in unlaunched markets. Still a lot of work going on...with the network with the LTE cores. Nothing to be concerned about at all.

Ah I see now, thanks

3 new connections and they apear to be peminant Saint Paul,MN in the highland park area the converted nextel tower on s homer street between west stewart ave and benson ave 2 blocks from the flat earth brewing company 2nd on highway 65 snd clover leaf parkway I bet its on the Blane water tower but I did not pick up 4g on highway 10 3rd in the parking lot of Walmart in Buffalo ,MN the Municipal tower is across the street. all performed around 20-30Mbps down and around 10Mbps up keep it going sprint

Edited by tuminatr