Report Your LTE Connection Here

Nothing too impressive. about 1 MB down

I'm sure it'll improve as the market area builds out. I'm considering getting the TriFi hotspot but would like confirmation of it's performance before I get one. I've had a mixed bag of experience with Sierra Wireless.

Thanks for the response. Give a shout out if you get an uptick in speeds.

I'm sure it'll improve as the market area builds out. I'm considering getting the TriFi hotspot but would like confirmation of it's performance before I get one. I've had a mixed bag of experience with Sierra Wireless.

Thanks for the response. Give a shout out if you get an uptick in speeds.

Here in the South Bay (San Jose), I consistently get 12+ Mbps on my Tri-Fi in LTE areas (coverage is just rolling out and still limited). In fact, I have received 10+ Mbps on WiMax here with Tri-Fi as well, although that is more typically 4-5 Mbps. EVDO performance, OTOH, is pitiful with around 100-200 kbps download on a good day.

Here in the South Bay (San Jose), I consistently get 12+ Mbps on my Tri-Fi in LTE areas (coverage is just rolling out and still limited). In fact, I have received 10+ Mbps on WiMax here with Tri-Fi as well, although that is more typically 4-5 Mbps. EVDO performance, OTOH, is pitiful with around 100-200 kbps download on a good day.

Thanks for the info. If you have a Sprint phone, how does the EVDO on it in your area compare to the TriFi?

Thanks for the info. If you have a Sprint phone, how does the EVDO on it in your area compare to the TriFi?

I am still stuck on a contract with AT&T for my iPhone, so no Sprint EVDO to compare. When we went on vacation to wine country a couple of weeks ago, 3G on the Tri-Fi was quite fast. As soon as we returned to the Bay Area, it slowed to a crawl again. It is hard to separate network congestion on the pre-NV network from the Tri-Fi's 3G performance potential.

• Like 1

I am still stuck on a contract with AT&T for my iPhone, so no Sprint EVDO to compare. When we went on vacation to wine country a couple of weeks ago, 3G on the Tri-Fi was quite fast. As soon as we returned to the Bay Area, it slowed to a crawl again. It is hard to separate network congestion on the pre-NV network from the Tri-Fi's 3G performance potential.

Also, most of the sites in Napa, Sonoma, Solano and Marin Counties have already completed their 3G Network Vision upgrades.

Robert

• Like 1

Is it regular for 4g to be slower than 3g when it is first being set up?

I made the mistake very early in deployment of picking up LTE and assuming it was coming from the closest 1 or 2 sites to me. In reality the signal was coming from a distant site. Don't assume you know which site the signal is coming from. Confirm it before making assumptions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I made the mistake very early in deployment of picking up LTE and assuming it was coming from the closest 1 or 2 sites to me. In reality the signal was coming from a distant site. Don't assume you know which site the signal is coming from. Confirm it before making assumptions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

How can you tell which site your connected too is there an app for that?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

How can you tell which site your connected too is there an app for that?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

No app to tell (yet ). Best way to tell is drive to different sites and see where your signal is strongest (based off dBm, not bars).

Sent from my SSGS3 using Forum Runner

An FYI... I am receiving an LTE signal here:

Lat - 36.1472

Long - -86.7935

Did a speedtest and it is not very good right now but it should improve. It is on for a few minutes, then off for a little while.

Edited by Steve Dean

An FYI... I am receiving an LTE signal here:

Lat - 36.1472

Long - -86.7935

Did a speedtest and it is not very good right now but it should improve. It is on for a few minutes, then off for a little while.

It's a new site that went live last Friday. It is over by Centennial Park.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Actually, I think it is by the tracks just north of Clifton Avenue.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I'm in Media, PA Delaware County, that's between Philadelphia and Wilmington De along interstate 95. My Samsung Galaxy s3 keep toggling between 3g and 4g. Would that be testing, and far from being consistent? Any insight on that sign? By the way, it's the first time I've seen 4g at all in the area

I'm in Media, PA Delaware County, that's between Philadelphia and Wilmington De along interstate 95. My Samsung Galaxy s3 keep toggling between 3g and 4g. Would that be testing, and far from being consistent? Any insight on that sign? By the way, it's the first time I've seen 4g at all in the area

There appears to be one tower that is active with 4G right now, so you are probably on the fringe of the coverage from that tower which would be why you're flipping back and forth. When more towers go online, that will stop happening. Since you've got a GS3, be sure to map any 4G coverage you find with Sensorly!

That's not the tower. That's the server the speed test thinks is the closest due to the ip address location. Pick the server you want.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

The great thing about this is that since ip address location is out in Kansas City, I can bypass the lame NBA LeaguePass blackouts of the Bulls games.

:D

The great thing about this is that since ip address location is out in Kansas City, I can bypass the lame NBA LeaguePass blackouts of the Bulls games.

:D

League pass still blocks me from home market games on my phone. hmmmm. howd you do that?

League pass still blocks me from home market games on my phone. hmmmm. howd you do that?

I tethered my connection to a Roku. I wasn't viewing the game on my phone.

We have started getting LTE in zip 32828 (Orlando) recently...on and off, but very fast when on. What speed test is everyone using?

Use the speedtest.net app, jus go to the play store and type in speed test and it should be the first one on the list.

We have started getting LTE in zip 32828 (Orlando) recently...on and off, but very fast when on. What speed test is everyone using?

Use the speedtest.net app, jus go to the play store and type in speed test and it should be the first one on the list.

Please use speed test apps sparingly, as they soak up quite a bit of data capacity that could be put to better uses.

AJ

• Like 2

Please use speed test apps sparingly' date=' as they soak up quite a bit of data capacity that could be put to better uses.

AJ[/quote']

That's why i laughed when i saw anandtech doing speed tests on Verizon and att 700 during ces!

Sent from phone