Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Are you noticing increased late performance? At home I usaully get anywhere from -107 dbm to -115 dbm. Now last night and this morning have had constant -99dbm to about -102.

Haven't noticed better lte. My house is in the fringe. And I connect sporadically about the same amount at before. I'll try to take note of dbm next time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My mom was in a accident this mornin so I was on the phone for hours and it was crystal clear like always..

Haven't noticed better lte. My house is in the fringe. And I connect sporadically about the same amount at before. I'll try to take note of dbm next time.

And I thought it just might be fluke but I'm getting better lte performance too. Kinda weird.

I manually installed via zip file and my question is can I install this on the boost mobile version of the galaxy s3 or is that a bad idea. I read somewhere that it works just fine.

If it isn't meant for the device it will fail. 

If anyone is having the persistant notification bug that shows old jpg downloads. Just do a clearall in the downloads section.

How do I get to the "downloads" section...

I've tried every clear I can think of...  Driving me nuts right now..

hmmm. apparently it was just the 23423 time hitting clear that seemed to take?  

Edited by hscrugby

Mine came OTA last weekend. Works pretty well out of the box, but I did need to redo my sounds and I don't like that you need to disable motion to make camera flash not light up when calls and texts come in.

How do I get to the "downloads" section...

I've tried every clear I can think of... Driving me nuts right now..

hmmm. apparently it was just the 23423 time hitting clear that seemed to take?

In the app drawer.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

After updating to 4.3, one thing I've noticed is when you open a folder on a homescreen, it stays open even after you hit the home button to go back to the homescreen. I think it was when they pushed the last update (when we got the premium suite) they fixed that issued. Now it seems it's back again. Hopefully they'll fix that again as it's pretty annoying. 

Received the 4.3 OTA update last weekend, seems like the phone runs smoother, snappier, and the display seems more crisp.  I did a factory reset on my S3 when after I downloaded the update.  Couldn't be more happier. 

I highly recommend the factory reset after updating. My phone is behaving better than ever.

I picked up a galaxy gear pretty cheap and can confirm it does work with the S3 after the update.

• Like 3

I have a question. Since updating to 4.3, is there anyway of stopping widgets from showing up on lock screen? Same goes for text messages being received. It's very annoying. An example is in dropbox link. Help is much appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k9vmhq9fbmypkj5/iOJL7IiqgT

There is a "preview" setting in messaging, but that also turns off the preview in the notification bar.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I just seen that. It sucks there isn't an option to turn off one or the other, and preview not showing on notification bar.

I have a question. Since updating to 4.3, is there anyway of stopping widgets from showing up on lock screen? Same goes for text messages being received. It's very annoying. An example is in dropbox link. Help is much appreciated.

I don't see any options within the lock screen settings to disable it. I ended up installing a replacement lock screen app from the Play Store. It's fine, but I use a live wallpaper, and rather look at that instead of the wallpaper selection that I'm given. :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

I did a factory reset and it still isn't any better. Before I allowed the update I was good for the whole day on a charge. Now I am lucky to get 5 hours. I really wish I had kept it stock and not updated. I should have done some research before I hit ok.

There is a "preview" setting in messaging, but that also turns off the preview in the notification bar.

Can't you just replace the default "clock or personal message" lock screen widget with anything else? You could download, for example,

Dashclock: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.dashclock&hl=en

or Chronus: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dvtonder.chronus&hl=en