Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

hwg2ki.png

Liking it so far. Seam's quite a bit snappier and smoother than 4.3, the only thing I have noticed is the stock messaging app is a bit on the laggy side but I am not sure if it will sort itself out, if not I will wait for kies to be updated and do a full wipe/restore. And for the short time I have had to play with it the battery life seems to be a bit more solid, it's not draining as fast. :)

• Like 1

I'm loving the kitkat update. With kitkat you are able to install the Google now experience launcher which looks a lot better than the Samsung UI in my opinion.

Screenshot? 

Its nearly identical to stock 4.3. They changed a few icon colors. Still big, ugly TW.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

At least we got the performance improvements that kitkat brings.

I hate the notification bar icons now. All white and gray! Yuck. Why did they get rid of the colors. Now I'm gonna have to root and fix it. Overall speed is better though.

Unhappy that I was forced to Knox though when developers were able to get rid of it in 4.3

I hate the notification bar icons now. All white and gray! Yuck. Why did they get rid of the colors. Now I'm gonna have to root and fix it. Overall speed is better though.

Unhappy that I was forced to Knox though when developers were able to get rid of it in 4.3

I like the all white now, that green battery icon was an eyesore. Question for all of those running ND8, is anyone else having issues connecting to LTE? on MK3 I was on LTE everywhere I went and now I only get it when I toggle airplane mode and or sit in an area for a few minutes. I've tried a restore and all of that and no change I am almost tempted to just throw cyanogenmod on it so I can still have 4.4.2 but have my LTE back.

I can confirm I have seen my phone not switch over to LTE as quickly after losing it with ND8. I don't believe we can simply flash MK3 modem back on this build like you could previously due to Knox.

I can confirm I have seen my phone not switch over to LTE as quickly after losing it with ND8. I don't believe we can simply flash MK3 modem back on this build like you could previously due to Knox.

I don't know why the hell they would do this, makes my phone almost unusable at times. I don't think modems are tied in anyway to KNOX I am looking into this now, if I can flash an MK3 modem I am doing it ASAP! Then ND8 would be damn near perfect.

I've been on kitkat for a few days and am noticing the same thing. I have to practically force it to connect to LTE. Kinda disappointing considering how well the phone works overall with the new update.

Did all of you try profle and PRL updates? How about reprovisioning the device? I can't remember the code to do that though.

Sent from my Josh's iPad using Tapatalk 2

I use CM11. I flashed just the ND8 modem and had moderate connection issues until I updated my PRL. Was on 25017 with MK3 modem. Updated to 25018 and all is well. Picking up 4G in places I didn't before. Super smooth transitions to and from 3/4G. My bro has an S4 single band and hes on 55018.

They'll deknox ND8. If my reading was correct, they may already have, but if not it will happen. The S3 still has a lot of great people working on it. I don't think I'll be going back to TW tho so I don't have to worry. CM is where it's at.

I use CM11. I flashed just the ND8 modem and had moderate connection issues until I updated my PRL. Was on 25017 with MK3 modem. Updated to 25018 and all is well. Picking up 4G in places I didn't before. Super smooth transitions to and from 3/4G. My bro has an S4 single band and hes on 55018.

They'll deknox ND8. If my reading was correct, they may already have, but if not it will happen. The S3 still has a lot of great people working on it. I don't think I'll be going back to TW tho so I don't have to worry. CM is where it's at.

How stable is CM11 on the S3? I might put my father on that ROM.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I don't have any issues with it. I been using it since December and it's been solid almost all of the time. It's way faster too. Main issue is the Camera. It's buggy still and likes to crash so I use Camera Zoom FX and Google Camera.

I don't have any issues with it. I been using it since December and it's been solid almost all of the time. It's way faster too. Main issue is the Camera. It's buggy still and likes to crash so I use Camera Zoom FX and Google Camera.

Thank you sir. I didn't know the Google camera app could be installed on a non-nexus device.

Btw... I think I'm one of the lucky few who feels that my phone switches over to 4g a lot quicker in the new kitkat build. Before I would get stuck k on 3g forever and would use apps to reset my connection. Now I can just let samsung worry about it and before long... I'm good to go.

Did all of you try profle and PRL updates? How about reprovisioning the device? I can't remember the code to do that though.

Sent from my Josh's iPad using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I have done all of that and still barely any LTE, I am probably just going to install Cyanogen mod on it install the MK3 modem if the official 4.4.2 won't accept it but I am still waiting to find out of it is possible.

They'll deknox ND8. If my reading was correct, they may already have, but if not it will happen.

No they won't be able to Deknox the bootloader. In 4.3 they were able to get the ROM to work with a previous bootloader that did not have Knox on it that tripped the Warranty bit, and they got rid of the Knox apps.

On 4.4.2 they could not find a way to get the ROM to boot with any type of bootloader besides the newest Knox one. Once that bootloader is flashed you can never go back to a non-knox bootloader or you will hard brick our phone. The stuff in the bootloader is what trips the warranty bit.

The Knox apps can easily be frozen or deleted with no problem and that may be what you are talking about, but I'm afraid from what I am reading the bootloader with Knox on it is here to stay if you want to run TW 4.4.2 ROM's. Not a big deal on a 2 year old phone since my warranty is already gone anyway, but this Knox crap is probably what will keep me from ever buying a Samsung device ever again.

Edited by troyd96
  • Like 2