Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

My battery life is terrible too. I just noticed the screen seemed brighter so I turned it down a lot. Too soon to see if that helps any

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My standby time has increased a lot after the update. I'm now seeing 3-4 hours of screen time with 24-26 hours of total usage per change. I am running Franco's kernel, and xposed but I'm otherwise stock. Also my n5 grabs 1x800 so much more on 2.13 than any other radio. It even grabs it over a stronger 1xrtt signal most of the time.

• Like 1

Update your profile. Had the same issue for weeks then felt pretty silly after that was the fix.

Will give it a try.  I almost never do this typically, but did back when 4.4.3 came out.  That said, I'll be overjoyed if that turns out to be it.

Edit:  Sent one, waiting to hear back.  Could it be that I didn't/forgot to do a profile update after flashing a new radio?  That doesn't seem right, but maybe I'm just misinformed?

Edit2:  Profile update seems to have done the trick.  Went through to a guy that it wouldn't yesterday.

7a7e2u3a.jpg

Alright so this is the tower I'm on the second most(its the one I connect to at my girlfriends house). Hilarious how the one time I've seen band 41 I pull 5mbs down with a 180ping and b26(unoptimized I'm assuming) is usually 10-15mbs down when I find it. Yet b25 is trucking along like a boss with a 30+mb download and a 5 ping. Oh and I'm not even right by the tower, I'm a couple miles away inside of a three story house, gotta love Sprint and the spark update lol:D.

7a7e2u3a.jpg

Alright so this is the tower I'm on the second most(its the one I connect to at my girlfriends house). Hilarious how the one time I've seen band 41 I pull 5mbs down with a 180ping and b26(unoptimized I'm assuming) is usually 10-15mbs down when I find it. Yet b25 is trucking along like a boss with a 30+mb download and a 5 ping. Oh and I'm not even right by the tower, I'm a couple miles away inside of a three story house, gotta love Sprint and the spark update lol:D.

That's WiFi level ping. Is that a replicable result.

Updated my profile phone now is on B25 not B26 which right here has eCSFB issues. I thinks its working like it should until the eCSFB thing is fixed. Radio .15

That didn't last long. Back on B26 with no phone service.

That's WiFi level ping. Is that a replicable result.

I got a 4 the first time, a 5, and then another 5. The first two test timed out on the upload though(I was pushing stuff to Dropbox for backups, so I'm assuming that's why) so I don't have pictures of them. That site is always at least below a 25 ping when I run a test off it, which is rare because I really only run them when there's issues or it seems like its doing extra good. Hence today's test lol.

I got a 4 the first time, a 5, and then another 5. The first two test timed out on the upload though(I was pushing stuff to Dropbox for backups, so I'm assuming that's why) so I don't have pictures of them. That site is always at least below a 25 ping when I run a test off it, which is rare because I really only run them when there's issues or it seems like its doing extra good. Hence today's test lol.

That's impressive .... Totally jealous I haven't had a good relationship with this radio but they seem to be doing optimization in my area so I'll give it another shot next week to test.

70 down in LA Convention Center at E3. This is inside the middle of west hall next to Nintendo and Oculus Rift's booths. Amazing stuff. I really wish Sprint would move down to Irvine faster. It will be a big win for Sprint if they can get this everywhere.

• Like 7

I think my 75/13 is the fastest I've seen around these parts. Good job, Sprint.

Eh?  Yesterday in the Twin Cities:

KWtLpjZ.png

Edit:  This is after switching back from .15 to .13.  It now picks up 41 just down the road from my place, and while I haven't ventured too far out of my normal routine, in the week time since 4.4.3 dropped til now has been a world of difference.  I've only dropped from LTE a couple of times in the past day or so back on .13.  Must have made a few changes network side.

• Like 3

Question to all, particularly those on the new 4.4.3 modem:

1. Have you modified your band priority? If so what settings are you using?

2. If not, what are yours defaulted to currently?

I've got B41 and B26 set to enabled, and band priority as follows B41-1, B26-0, B25-0. It seems to allow me to pick up B41 (which is rather pervasive ion my area) much easier when it's available, but I'm not 100% convinced the settings even do anything. Thoughts? Network guys?

I've got B41 and B26 set to enabled, and band priority as follows B41-1, B26-0, B25-0. It seems to allow me to pick up B41 (which is rather pervasive ion my area) much easier when it's available, but I'm not 100% convinced the settings even do anything. Thoughts? Network guys?

I just kept mine at the default where everything is 1. When I am in LA where B41 seems to be prevalent, I seem to pick up B41 pretty easily.

I don't *believe* I changed mine,  I haven't since the update anyway.  The settings I currently have are B25 1, B26 2, and B41 3 (in view), and all three are at 1 if I go into Edit.

Anyone else (who is still on 3G) have speed problems since the update. I use to get good off peak speeds. Since the update speeds are down 50-70 %.

I've had the exact opposite happen. My speeds used to be sub par (.1mb was good lol) due to my fringe connection now I'm averaging around half a mb most of the day.

I've had the exact opposite happen. My speeds used to be sub par (.1mb was good lol) due to my fringe connection now I'm averaging around half a mb most of the day.

I visited my parents this past weekend, who live in a cell dead-zone.  Verizon, tmobile, sprint, etc. usually get 0-1 bars, or try to roam.  With .13, I was able to get 3g with a speed test of .5 down/.2up.  Not blazing, but very usable.

Further, when driving between 2 LTE towers, I used to drop to 3g and stay there (if there was an active data connection).  Now I either don't drop to 3g, or do so briefly and then reconnect back to LTE.

I did have problems the first 2 days with band26 on one of my local towers, but since it was apparently updated, I love the .13 modem.  If you are having problems on .13, hopefully they will be remedied very soon.  

The only thing those settings affect the is the priority of the *first* scan. After that, the network decides which band you should be on.