Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

No, this has to do with network maintenance and other items, which Ericsson currently handles for the whole country. This does not reflect contracts with equipment vendors.

Ok cool. That is precisely how I read it. Glad I was correct.

'cash maker' = less spending

As long as they continue to improve their network, I don't care if it's 3B or 5B.  Marcelo did say the attitude has always been spend more=network improvement, but they want to get away from that mentality and spend what's needed but also improve the network.  I'm sure there's fine line where you can not spend this little and expect a lot of improvements, but time will tell if their strategy is working.  I am optimistic.  

• Like 1

As long as they continue to improve their network, I don't care if it's 3B or 5B. Marcelo did say the attitude has always been spend more=network improvement, but they want to get away from that mentality and spend what's needed but also improve the network. I'm sure there's fine line where you can not spend this little and expect a lot of improvements, but time will tell if their strategy is working. I am optimistic.

Same. At least it's 3 billion going into the network...it could be nothing lol

Jesus Christ.  Fiercewireless comments section.  90% of the posts are about S4GRU. LOL

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprints-latest-quarter-leaves-some-analysts-unimpressed/2016-07-29

Yeah i saw that utter horse shit and chose to ignore it. Same goes for that click bait article.
  • Like 2

They do bring up some points though... What will happen when the 50% off expires? Vzw does have much more reasonable data buckets vs what they had. That is a real possibility; sprint could lose customers simply because the promo is over and in the 2 year waiting period they haven't built out/upgraded enough towers for enough customers to be happy with their service vs vzw.

I do believe sprint should come back with double the data or change the buckets. This time figure out a way to get rid of access fees or drop the prices on them. That would make for great commercial

• Like 4

Fiercewireless comments section. 90% of the posts are about S4GRU. LOL

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprints-latest-quarter-leaves-some-analysts-unimpressed/2016-07-29

Yeah i saw that utter horse shit and chose to ignore it. Same goes for that click bait article.

I completely agree that the article and the comments section are completely Crap!

From the looks of the comments section, it seems to me that S. Ali and Fabian are actually talking to each other, using alias.

Just my opinion... But if you notice the similarities between the comments and the similarly of the alias...it certainly seems to be the same two people.

• Like 2

In the markets I follow (DC/Tampa), I haven't seen Clear B41 equipment swaps in mass. Any other markets noticing that work being done?

In LA Metro I've noticed several Clear sites that duplicated Sprint B41 have been decommissioned recently.  All Clear gear on the tower racks have been removed from those sites.

They do bring up some points though... What will happen when the 50% off expires? Vzw does have much more reasonable data buckets vs what they had. That is a real possibility; sprint could lose customers simply because the promo is over and in the 2 year waiting period they haven't built out/upgraded enough towers for enough customers to be happy with their service vs vzw.

I do believe sprint should come back with double the data or change the buckets. This time figure out a way to get rid of access fees or drop the prices on them. That would make for great commercial

They need to just offer one plan structure, something customizable and give plenty of data options within that one plan structure. Then market the hell out of it. That's what both Verizon and T-Mobile have done and it's worked great. I can't even figure out what they offer with the way it is now. The only thing prominent on their site is the 50% off offer. They also need to increase the number of self service options and make it work at least most of the time. People these days actually shy away from things if it's not self service. (I'm one of those people)
  • Like 2

In LA Metro I've noticed several Clear sites that duplicated Sprint B41 have been decommissioned recently.  All Clear gear on the tower racks have been removed from those sites.

Hawaii here, none of the clear equipment has been decommissioned yet, I even see some Nextel sites :/

• Like 4

Hawaii here, none of the clear equipment has been decommissioned yet, I even see some Nextel sites :/

There are still some Nextel panels up in SoCal.  I know of two sites on tall buildings that are co-located with Clear equipment.  Both are near LAX.

• Like 1

They need to just offer one plan structure, something customizable and give plenty of data options within that one plan structure. Then market the hell out of it. That's what both Verizon and T-Mobile have done and it's worked great. I can't even figure out what they offer with the way it is now. The only thing prominent on their site is the 50% off offer. They also need to increase the number of self service options and make it work at least most of the time. People these days actually shy away from things if it's not self service. (I'm one of those people)

Long time in not chiming in, but if Sprint gets a simplified plan structure I am not convinced the 50% expiration is going to be that big of a deal. People are obviously seeing better network quality if churn is down to 1.4%. 

I'm not saying Sprint is clearly back yet but the progress is starting to finally tick the right way. It isn't the rapid quarter after quarter dominance that T-Mobile is showing, but I don't think I have to put down Sprint's results which are also good to lift up T-Mobile's. I think those who are looking at it that way should change their outlook a bit. I don't buy into the idea that for Sprint to succeed that T-Mobile has to fail. Or for T-Mobile to succeed that Sprint has to fail for that matter. 

Who should be concerned? Verizon and AT&T. Their new marketing campaigns and rebrands aren't going so great. Not to mention AT&T is going back to pushing unlimited after swearing they were done with it. 

• Like 6

Sprint will definitley lose customers. the bet is that they can raise ARPU enough to cover the loss of customers and make more money. They can only do that by generating good will with its customers and still being able to make the value proposition. Verizon really has very little room to discount. T-Mo and AT&T have some flexibility so Sprint will have to make sure their plans are competitive with those two..

Sprint really needs to add sites in rural areas, areas that foke like myself mark with the Sprint Zone app. that are lacking usable data. Not wanting to be negative but b26 helped but not nearly enough. Many of these areas are products of urban sprawling which moves quickly and sprint has gotten years behind. Sprint needs to figure out how to be ahead of urban sprawling! Fiber lines are some of the first utilities to come in new areas, look at the data thats publicly available! Stay ahead of the curve make friends with the permit offices way by either "sales pitching them" with the amounts of spectrum you have to offer the area, this is if its difficult to get the proper permits remember NV? Find a way to stream line it! Lots of us work in the city but move to the suburbs where Sprint is hurting! This is what most perspective/current customers want, voice and data connection that are stable.

• Like 5

Sprint really needs to add sites in rural areas, areas that foke like myself mark with the Sprint Zone app. that are lacking usable data. Not wanting to be negative but b26 helped but not nearly enough. Many of these areas are products of urban sprawling which moves quickly and sprint has gotten years behind. Sprint needs to figure out how to be ahead of urban sprawling! Fiber lines are some of the first utilities to come in new areas, look at the data thats publicly available! Stay ahead of the curve make friends with the permit offices way by either "sales pitching them" with the amounts of spectrum you have to offer the area, this is if its difficult to get the proper permits remember NV? Find a way to stream line it! Lots of us work in the city but move to the suburbs where Sprint is hurting! This is what most perspective/current customers want, voice and data connection that are stable.

I feel like what you described in the latter portion of your comment is part of what Sprint is attempting to do with "One Sprint". Sprint is trying to be more involved at the local level.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I will agree with most of the current postings here. Sprint needs to start paying attention to other markets soon. People get a taste of the sprint network here locally and they go return their devices and go somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Sprint does need to add hundreds (if not thousands) of sites nationwide in New suburban areas. I see that Sprint is lackluster or non existent in many metro areas in neighborhoods that did not exist 10 years ago.

I see it a lot in the Puget Sound. Great coverage in city and new suburban areas. But challenged in New neighborhoods built since 2007/2008.

• Like 13

Marcelo talked about new plans coming in sept at the townhall this week. Also mentioned us having 2000 different activae rate plans from promos and people on outdated plans and that he planned on converting everyone to less than 10 active rate plans.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

In reference to this I was looking at Sprint's plan optimizer and it was suggesting to switch me to the Unlimited plan from the Unlimited Plan $75 with the 4th Line Free.

Both would cost me the same amount since I only have 3 lines but it's weird that they have two listings for what is essentially the same plan.

In reference to this I was looking at Sprint's plan optimizer and it was suggesting to switch me to the Unlimited plan from the Unlimited Plan $75 with the 4th Line Free.

Both would cost me the same amount since I only have 3 lines but it's weird that they have two listings for what is essentially the same plan.

better read again, the newer doesn't have thethering and missing something else.

Marcelo talked about new plans coming in sept at the townhall this week. Also mentioned us having 2000 different activae rate plans from promos and people on outdated plans and that he planned on converting everyone to less than 10 active rate plans.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Good for sprint sucks for me. I was given a great plan and told as long as I didn't change it I wouldn't lose it. If Marcelo forces me to a newer plan that may be more expensive I would seriously consider leaving, not out of spite but rather coverage. I deal with it now because my plan is great. If I am close to att/vzw prices I would gladly pay the extra to avoid those 1x data headaches.

• Like 12

better read again, the newer doesn't have thethering and missing something else.

I think they also may "reencode" video to limit the bandwidth used, whereas I don't believe the older one had that line in the TOS.

Sent from my Nexus 6P