Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Each of the Clydesdales gets two handsets, a tablet, a hotspot, and an aircard. It is in their contracts. They are data using stallions.

AJ

those horses have the life!

Great to see stl getting juiced up in locations. I'll be back there in June (from Florissant originally, now in Wisconsin). I at least let my parents know to flip on their CDMA/LTE on their S3s. I'll help out the sensorly when I'm there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

For those wondering, there are a few sites in my home area of Randolph County where USCC has locations but not Sprint. I am really beginning to wonder what's going to happen to those locations. It would not be the same as adding a new tower, these are mostly sites that are fiber backhauled with other providers there as well.

Has anyone checked out the site at 170 and Airport Rd? Sensorly shows a really strong reading there for being so far from 270 and Lindbergh.

Edit: This would be the one inside the TitleMax sign at 170 and Airport

I drive 170 to and from work everyday, and have, to this point, always lost my LTE signal just south of Airport Rd. Those are possibly some corrupt data points in Sensorly. If you zoom in on that area, it shows a gradually weaker signal as you drive south on 170, not a darker blip that you see when zoomed out further.

Hey been checking this out for awhile was wondering how to become a sponsor? I was working at park east tower in the CWE and noticed 4g when I was on the 25th floor but nothing street level didn't have a chance to fire up sensorly but suspect it's the north city tower

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Here is the link http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

Any work taking place in this area, or when it will start ? zip code is 65037

Work is already in progress on at least three sites around Lake of the Ozarks. Consider becoming a sponsor, and you can view the map of completed and in progress sites.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

AJ

For those wondering, there are a few sites in my home area of Randolph County where USCC has locations but not Sprint. I am really beginning to wonder what's going to happen to those locations. It would not be the same as adding a new tower, these are mostly sites that are fiber backhauled with other providers there as well.

If the sites have enough new Sprint customers received from USCC, you would think that Sprint would work to add coverage in those areas. However, if USCC has weak market share there, Sprint will likely be happy to let those customers walk. After all, the purchase was likely only for Chicago spectrum. The additional spectrum and the customers are collateral damage required to close the deal. Sprint will not do much to retain these customers. Just the ones it can easily serve.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

If the sites have enough new Sprint customers received from USCC, you would think that Sprint would work to add coverage in those areas. However, if USCC has weak market share there, Sprint will likely be happy to let those customers walk. After all, the purchase was likely only for Chicago spectrum. The additional spectrum and the customers are collateral damage required to close the deal. Sprint will not do much to retain these customers. Just the ones it can easily serve.

That's a shame, i'd really like to see Sprint compete with VZW for suburban customers and rural areas where there are enough potential subscribers for coverage to be economical.

That's a shame, i'd really like to see Sprint compete with VZW for suburban customers and rural areas where there are enough potential subscribers for coverage to be economical.

I don't disagree conceptually. But if Sprint is not picking up enough USCC customers in a rural area to pay for a cell site, I'd be very surprised for them to add native coverage in those areas.

VZW has industry leading low churn rates. Like it or not, subs do not tend to leave VZW. So, Sprint could pull out all the stops, increase suburban/rural CAPEX beyond profitability, and still not capture many VZW subs.

AJ

• Like 1

Want to see what Verizon is like here. Let me show you...

vy2egy8a.jpg

That's pretty typical here for customers still on Verizon 3G here, and the LTE upgrade has been botched so far as they've put it up multiple times only to take it back down.

In theory, Robert and AJ are right. I think I could make a compelling case to Sprint that this is an exception. I will try with official correspondence addressed to Sprint's headquarters in Overland Park, KS.

I'm going to map out the locations in question later today. It isn't the same cost to add towers, however. USCC already bore that cost in the area.

I drive 170 to and from work everyday, and have, to this point, always lost my LTE signal just south of Airport Rd. Those are possibly some corrupt data points in Sensorly. If you zoom in on that area, it shows a gradually weaker signal as you drive south on 170, not a darker blip that you see when zoomed out further.

I zoomed and saw it. Looks somebody with GNex has been mapping and polluted the map. Now you'll just have to keep mapping it mapping it with another phone to get the average down. A lot times it leaves a "scar" on the map. Did I ever tell y'all I hate that phone? ;)

Work is already in progress on at least three sites around Lake of the Ozarks. Consider becoming a sponsor, and you can view the map of completed and in progress sites.

http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

AJ

I just actually switched to Sprint last week, and this is awesome to know. I have became a sponsor and will be keeping an eye on the towers around me. I have one less than a half mile from me in Osage Beach, havent seen anything on it yet, but will keep watching it for sure.

• Like 1

I just actually switched to Sprint last week' date=' and this is awesome to know. I have became a sponsor and will be keeping an eye on the towers around me. I have one less than a half mile from me in Osage Beach, havent seen anything on it yet, but will keep watching it for sure.[/quote']

I'm in the area also, they are working all around the area, so keep close tabs on the sky

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

I just actually switched to Sprint last week, and this is awesome to know. I have became a sponsor and will be keeping an eye on the towers around me. I have one less than a half mile from me in Osage Beach, havent seen anything on it yet, but will keep watching it for sure.

Please do and let us know so we can update the sheet/map.

I'm in the area also, they are working all around the area, so keep close tabs on the sky

Where at in the area are you Rickie? Im keeping an eye on the tower down Bluff Dr. behind the Osage Beach Fire Station. I live down the road there.

Where at in the area are you Rickie? Im keeping an eye on the tower down Bluff Dr. behind the Osage Beach Fire Station. I live down the road there.

I have a bunch of the ones from there to camdenton,I work in Osage beach

I'm glad to see some action in the St Louis area...made me finally register instead of lurk...now to get that a little further south to south county, Fenton, Arnold, High Ridge that would be great!

Again, Needing some folks to help with editing the spreadsheet(link is in my sig) As of right now I have someone in Springfield, One in Madison County, IL(myself) and one in St. Louis. Let me know and I can give you access to edit.

More work on the flagpole at McDonnell and Lindbergh yesterday. Bucket lift up to the top of the tower with some lines extending down to the ground. Plain white van with a trailer parked next to it.

Now this morning I see they have all the covers off, and all the equipment at the top of the tower is clearly visible. Couldn't slow down for a closer look, though.

Just got a LTE signal at Jefferson and market streets in downtown STL. Ran a quick speed test only .96 download and .05 upload. Ping was 81 however. I noticed the flag is off the flagpole tower nearby.

• Like 1

I got much better data speeds up from 0.02 to (0.5 to 1.5)today from the site in research village near Cottleville. Any know if if work is going on?

Edited by DaQue