Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

5ydynyme.jpg

Got this last night at simply Sushi in downtown slc. Just passing through.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

looks like some more band 41 very nice. Enjoy your visit.

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

When will Vernal, Utah be getting 4G ? We have had 3G forever, all the other companies have 4G here.

A sprint employee told me June/July of 2014. I have no idea if it's true or not though.

It's difficult to say. The new equipment has been installed on the one tower that serves Vernal, however the high speed internet has not been delivered. Unfortunately, there is not a lot Sprint can do about that as the local ISP that was contracted will get around to it when they feel like it. Sprint can push and prod, but short of cancelling their contract, there's not much they can do.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Heading to Utah for a camping road trip over Thanksgiving and was curious about Sprint and roaming coverage in the Southern and Eastern parts of the state. I was actually there towards the end of October to visit Zion and there's LTE in St George and also along Highway 9 in Rockville/Springdale at the entrance to Zion. But how is the coverage in the rest of Southern and Eastern Utah? Areas I'll be visiting include Zion again, Capital Reef, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands and Arches. Main towns include Kanab and Moab.

I know in early September Sprint announced more roaming agreements to add it its RRPP program, including the following that cover parts of Utah: Strata Networks, All West Wireless, South Central Communications and Breakaway Wireless. Sprint doesn't have very many towers in this region and where there are towers, they're mostly GMOs, so not expecting too much from Sprint. With that said, are these roaming agreements now in place with these carriers so I'll have at least some sort of cell service (at least voice, and hopefully some (slow) 3G)?

Heading to Utah for a camping road trip over Thanksgiving and was curious about Sprint and roaming coverage in the Southern and Eastern parts of the state. I was actually there towards the end of October to visit Zion and there's LTE in St George and also along Highway 9 in Rockville/Springdale at the entrance to Zion. But how is the coverage in the rest of Southern and Eastern Utah? Areas I'll be visiting include Zion again, Capital Reef, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands and Arches. Main towns include Kanab and Moab.

I know in early September Sprint announced more roaming agreements to add it its RRPP program, including the following that cover parts of Utah: Strata Networks, All West Wireless, South Central Communications and Breakaway Wireless. Sprint doesn't have very many towers in this region and where there are towers, they're mostly GMOs, so not expecting too much from Sprint. With that said, are these roaming agreements now in place with these carriers so I'll have at least some sort of cell service (at least voice, and hopefully some (slow) 3G)?

unfortunately you will be roaming most of the time.  The RRPP program hasn't kicked in yet and sprints coverage is pretty much all roaming in southern/eastern Utah.  You will get spotty 3G but i doubt you can do much on the web with it.  You will get LTE at the entrance of Zions like you mentioned and around Hurricane.  Moab you should get 3G but i'd be surprised if your speeds were even around 0.4 mbps.  Everywhere else you will be roaming and data will be pretty much useless.  Enjoy your trip though!!  

• Like 2

unfortunately you will be roaming most of the time.  The RRPP program hasn't kicked in yet and sprints coverage is pretty much all roaming in southern/eastern Utah.  You will get spotty 3G but i doubt you can do much on the web with it.  You will get LTE at the entrance of Zions like you mentioned and around Hurricane.  Moab you should get 3G but i'd be surprised if your speeds were even around 0.4 mbps.  Everywhere else you will be roaming and data will be pretty much useless.  Enjoy your trip though!!  

Thanks, that's what I had thought. Most important is voice coverage, and sounds like that should be ok, and at least between the 4 of us, we'll have Sprint, Verizon and AT&T. Other than that, we'll enjoy our trip more than anything...hope the weather isn't too cold or bad!

unfortunately you will be roaming most of the time. The RRPP program hasn't kicked in yet and sprints coverage is pretty much all roaming in southern/eastern Utah. You will get spotty 3G but i doubt you can do much on the web with it. You will get LTE at the entrance of Zions like you mentioned and around Hurricane. Moab you should get 3G but i'd be surprised if your speeds were even around 0.4 mbps. Everywhere else you will be roaming and data will be pretty much useless. Enjoy your trip though!!

When does the RRPP program kick in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely the first carriers will pop up early to mid-next year.

It's already kicking in.

The recent prl updates already opened up 3g EVDO roaming to compatible CCA partners.

It's just lte that'll take longer and probably won't be fired up til at least q1 as that's the expected time frame for major CCA RRPP compatible devices to come out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's already kicking in.

The recent prl updates already opened up 3g EVDO roaming to compatible CCA partners.

It's just lte that'll take longer and probably won't be fired up til at least q1 as that's the expected time frame for major CCA RRPP compatible devices to come out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I wish I knew which LTE band each company uses.  I know the iPhone 6/6+ picks up all LTE bands except band 12 so all the CCA partner carriers not using band 12, all iPhone 6 users could use.  It'd be nice to know what carriers use only band 12 and where those carriers coverage is located.

• 1 month later...

Wow... This thread is dead. I am very happy to say though that I tool a trip to Salt Lake City this week and it is the best experience I've ever had on Sprint. From all three bands working flawlessly to excellent coverage, it was great. I am very happy that even deep in large hotels, I didn't lose LTE. Congrats Sprint! And, thanks to roaming deals with Verizon, I had signal in the middle of nowhere on a half day snowmobiling course.

• Like 2

Wow... This thread is dead. I am very happy to say though that I tool a trip to Salt Lake City this week and it is the best experience I've ever had on Sprint. From all three bands working flawlessly to excellent coverage, it was great. I am very happy that even deep in large hotels, I didn't lose LTE. Congrats Sprint! And, thanks to roaming deals with Verizon, I had signal in the middle of nowhere on a half day snowmobiling course.

thats because of a few things...

A. most the chatter is in the 2 sponsor sections as most of the chatter is about acceptances and such....as most of them have happened in the last 6 mths

B.  seems like now that things are up and running...people dont come by nearly as much, to discuss what they find

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes it is still in testing phase. I was down there a week ago and I think they left it on after testing or something because it has been on for a while. The good news is that as soon as backhaul is done they should fire up all bands. and speeds should be pretty good. 

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/salt-lake-city-ut

Congrats St Lakes first Sprint speed and data performance win.

The first speed test that sprint has ever won. According to the logic of other people, this was never going to happen. I think we will see some more of these this year.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 2