Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Ok. I really thought I had found the balance of being able to talk or rant if you will, with people that have the tech knowledge to maybe help do something about it. I have been given info each time that helped me not be upset so that is why I kept coming back. But it is your sandbox so I'll continue to look at the sites around me and hope I can beat floorguy to some info in my area.

Ok. I really thought I had found the balance of being able to talk or rant if you will, with people that have the tech knowledge to maybe help do something about it. I have been given info each time that helped me not be upset so that is why I kept coming back. But it is your sandbox so I'll continue to look at the sites around me and hope I can beat floorguy to some info in my area.

Thank you. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I wish it meant something but my tower is EHRPD and speed and voice are the same and it's a legacy tower with no upgrades.

Floorguy if you still want to rant with me, I'm on twitter and will more then be glad to rant with you about Ogden.

twitter???

i havent figured that one out yet....lol  only to follow some....but i have no followers  :(  :(  :(

twitter???

i havent figured that one out yet....lol only to follow some....but i have no followers :( :( :(

I'd follow you. But don't think I could handle the curse laden rants. ;)

I'm a good Christian boy. :angel: 

I'd follow you. But don't think I could handle the curse laden rants. ;)

I'm a good Christian boy. :angel: 

I try to be to....

TRy being the key word....

except when my frustration on things spillith over..

and yes my electronics and their usage, is one of those things that get me

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat as you. My wife laughs at me because either electronics work for me when they don't for others, or they get the sailor speak treatment and end up working. Now if i could do that to some towers around here i wouldn't be in a dog house with some. ????

hey hey.....

came across a install team at my home tower  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

poor out of town guys....was trying to see if he was finishing up the last few to go...

he had been on removal of old equipment.....

soooo you guys keep an eye out on the last few up here

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Well this morning I got the infamous text about the new network being largely completed over the next month in my area... I call BS on this as i'm located on the Clearfield/Layton border and as we all know north of north salt lake there is no new network as of yet... that i know of... infact i just ran a 3g speed test yesterday and its still dial up speeds so....

Does anyone know what factors decide who gets these texts? is it based off of where your number is located or your billing address or what? My number has been ported into sprint and is based out of kaysville, so unless they can magically flip a switch in the next month i'm not buying it!

EDIT: I've read a few posts where others have gotten the text and within 48hrs they have lost service... so maybe something well happen... here's hoping.

Hey guys,

Well this morning I got the infamous text about the new network being largely completed over the next month in my area... I call BS on this as i'm located on the Clearfield/Layton border and as we all know north of north salt lake there is no new network as of yet... that i know of... infact i just ran a 3g speed test yesterday and its still dial up speeds so....

Does anyone know what factors decide who gets these texts? is it based off of where your number is located or your billing address or what? My number has been ported into sprint and is based out of kaysville, so unless they can magically flip a switch in the next month i'm not buying it!

EDIT: I've read a few posts where others have gotten the text and within 48hrs they have lost service... so maybe something well happen... here's hoping.

I bet you will see improvements by the end of February.  Most of the towers have been upgraded in Davis/Weber counties so they are just waiting for acceptance teams.  There are a few towers in Ogden that are still being worked on to get the hardware up so they can be accepted.  They will probably wait until some of the ogden towers are done before the sites are accepted and you see improvements in voice calls/signal and data.  By the progress of some of the towers in ogden, I think by the end of Feb. you will see improvements in your service.

yup, the train is still rolling...sometimes just not in the direction we want it to...but it is still in the state...

as hard as it is (trust me, i am at times ready to huck my phone)  wait till end of Feb, to get to distraught...

i mean the goal of 50% by end of year came about (just happened to be south of Davis county)

soooo hang on there folks

Hey guys,

The text went out to just about everyone in some weird random fashion.  It was purely a marketing thing and had nothing to do with the area.

The text went out to just about everyone in some weird random fashion. It was purely a marketing thing and had nothing to do with the area.

I know someone who got it this time and last time. She lives in Orem. I'm in Provo. Her husband and I have never received the text. I also don't know of anyone else receiving it that I know personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strong signal, slow LTE in west valley (roughly 4100 south, 3500 West).  I'm getting 0.5 download/1.0 upload.  The performance in South Jordan is much better.  Anyone else experiencing slow performance in WV?

• Like 1

I got a new phone middle of last month hoping to get some 4G LTE in Logan. I did not pick up anything but 3G until I made a rare trip into walmart (South Logan) a few days ago. Totally suprised when I went to my phone to check something and saw I was getting some love. ould I have been picking up the tower in Hyrum I have heard about? Did a quick test on sensorly and got 5.84 down, 1.66 up and a ping of 276.