Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Thanks for all the info. Sorry for getting upset or almost crossing the line. I'll behave better. Just gets frustrating with Sprint sometimes. 

Frustration is understandable, but we have to apply the rules to everyone equally.

Now that that's past, I assume you have checked out the NV Sites Complete map? I see you are a sponsor.

Also, do you have WiFi at home? Just curious. If so, WiFi is almost always a better option rather than using mobile data while at home. More reliable, and doesn't drain network resources. 

I am a sponsor but sometimes have a difficulty knowing which map is which. Plus a lot of the terminology still confuses me. I have WiFi at home but what happens is as soon as I leave my house and the WiFi is gone the signal drops to almost nothing. 

Is there a thread or page on here that explains what backhaul and acceptance are along with step by step details of how each tower is updated?

I am a sponsor but sometimes have a difficulty knowing which map is which. Plus a lot of the terminology still confuses me. I have WiFi at home but what happens is as soon as I leave my house and the WiFi is gone the signal drops to almost nothing. 

Is there a thread or page on here that explains what backhaul and acceptance are along with step by step details of how each tower is updated?

This might help some: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/

This is the thread with the map of upgraded sites: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

This is what Network Vision equipment looks like in your area: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3906-how-to-spot-sprint-antennas-and-rrus-samsung-style/

If you have any specific questions after checking those threads, feel free to ask.

• Like 1

Your site is already upgraded.

LTE equipment is in place. 1x800 voice coverage is in place. Most of the surrounding sites have LTE already in place. What's so important about having LTE right at your front door? I'd be more worried about the rest of the places you go, which likely have LTE coverage already.

Also, since the site is already upgraded, that means that Sprint is waiting on the contracted ISP to deliver the backhaul to the site. Unfortunately, Sprint doesn't have a lot of control over when that arrives. All they can do is threaten to end the contract or enforce penalties. Since backhaul has been delivered over much of the rest of the city, they're likely just going to wait it out, until the backhaul is delivered. 

Edit:

Please note that your post is toeing the line, consult the rules before you consider ratcheting up your rhetorict. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

So do you think thats the theory as well with sites that are close in proximity but arent up???

because there is 1 (and it serves the sprint store sooo) right in between 2 that isnt going... and it makes me scratch my head...

or a few in Ogden area, that I know (ok well as good as the lady whose house is right there can say about pulling wires) that should have back haul in place....at least from a wire pull stand point....

I mean I have been pretty happy now that a chunk has come in.....but nothing worse then leaving a job half done...

whatcha think??

So do you think thats the theory as well with sites that are close in proximity but arent up???

because there is 1 (and it serves the sprint store sooo) right in between 2 that isnt going... and it makes me scratch my head...

or a few in Ogden area, that I know (ok well as good as the lady whose house is right there can say about pulling wires) that should have back haul in place....at least from a wire pull stand point....

I mean I have been pretty happy now that a chunk has come in.....but nothing worse then leaving a job half done...

whatcha think??

99% of the Utah sites are complete, equipment wise. So the only holdup would be backhaul. Sprint doesn't let backhaul sit there being unused. 

on 95% of the sites i would agree...

but man....there are 1 or 2 that i am scratching my head over.....partly because i have a good idea where fiber at least has been run....and this 1 site..... :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

on 95% of the sites i would agree...

but man....there are 1 or 2 that i am scratching my head over.....partly because i have a good idea where fiber at least has been run....and this 1 site..... :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

Just because it's there doesn't mean the other end is connected.... 

Just because it's there doesn't mean the other end is connected.... 

You know for sure that if the backhaul is complete, the site will be immediately LTE accepted (as in, within a few days)? My impression is that some sites sit for quite a while with backhaul activated. I could be wrong. 

You know for sure that if the backhaul is complete, the site will be immediately LTE accepted (as in, within a few days)? My impression is that some sites sit for quite a while with backhaul activated. I could be wrong.

Once the backhaul is complete, Sprint will request an LTE integration of the site. Sometimes it can be the same day as the backhaul going live, sometimes it's the next day. Sometimes it's a few days or in a few examples a few weeks. It depends on the market and who is there working on what when it's complete.

In a Samsung market in a metro as large as the Wasatch Front, I'd be surprised if the wait was very long between the backhaul going live and LTE bring fired up. In a smaller market in a remote area, they are more likely to have to wait awhile for an LTE integration tech to show up.

Sometimes when the LTE integration shows up, there is a problem and it cannot be integrated. He would then have to report it back to Sprint who will then have to diagnose the problem. Which could be the original installers or the backhaul provider. And that sometimes takes weeks to resolve. And then the integration has to be scheduled again afterward.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Once the backhaul is complete, Sprint will request an LTE integration of the site. Sometimes it can be the same day as the backhaul going live, sometimes it's the next day. Sometimes it's a few days or in a few examples a few weeks. It depends on the market and who is there working on what when it's complete.

In a Samsung market in a metro as large as the Wasatch Front, I'd be surprised if the wait was very long between the backhaul going live and LTE bring fired up. In a smaller market in a remote area, they are more likely to have to wait awhile for an LTE integration tech to show up.

Sometimes when the LTE integration shows up, there is a problem and it cannot be integrated. He would then have to report it back to Sprint who will then have to diagnose the problem. Which could be the original installers or the backhaul provider. And that sometimes takes weeks to resolve. And then the integration has to be scheduled again afterward.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I see. Thanks for the update Robert. 

i wonder if some of that is the problem....

that there is other issues associated with these sites....and now that the group has left...we are waiting for them to return...

Though could they 3g accept it, if there were issues??

so now i am back to the back haul....because its 3g accepted...with still icky speeds...which leads to back haul....hummmmm

maybe time to go floorguy some fiber teams  :ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja:

though havent seen any out....maybe they are fair weather pullers

i wonder if some of that is the problem.... that there is other issues associated with these sites....and now that the group has left...we are waiting for them to return...  Though could they 3g accept it, if there were issues?? so now i am back to the back haul....because its 3g accepted...with still icky speeds...which leads to back haul....hummmmm maybe time to go floorguy some fiber teams  :ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja: though havent seen any out....maybe they are fair weather pullers

we have had pretty fair weather lately. Also keep in mind there have been 5 or 6 acceptances over the past week. In fact I do t think we have gone more than a week without at least one acceptance and most weeks have between 3-5. We would have been going nuts for these kinds of results last fall. Things really arent as bad as some of us may think. Sure your home/work/grocery store tower may not be live but there are a ton that are. Besides the general estimate for phase one of NV completion overall has been this summer and at a rate of averaging 5 sites per week we wont be too far off from that estimate.

Is this an LTE setup? I've tried to figure it out on my own but I'm having a little trouble

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3906-How-to-Spot-Sprint-Antennas-and-RRUs-(Samsung-Style)

How to Spot Sprint Antennas and RRUs (Samsung Style)

Sent from my Nexus 5

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1394527649149.jpg Is this an LTE setup? I've tried to figure it out on my own but I'm having a little trouble

If it had just a little bit of a clearer picture I could tell for sure but from what I can see it looks like the middle rack is NV equipment.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1394527649149.jpg Is this an LTE setup? I've tried to figure it out on my own but I'm having a little trouble

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3906-How-to-Spot-Sprint-Antennas-and-RRUs-(Samsung-Style)

How to Spot Sprint Antennas and RRUs (Samsung Style)

Sent from my Nexus 5

Tapatalk ate my post. Weird.

Tried to say that yes, that is an NV setup, and you can compare it with other Samsung setups at the link that I posted.

oh looks like you are a sponsor.....go check out the map...itll show you were towers are up there....

the key...if its not ground mount....

look for those 2 little boxes mounted behind, or right next to the main antenna....

and the old stuff....looked like rectangular dream catchers 

Logan, at 1400 north and about 1000 west

If we are talking the tower out in the farm west of logan, it should have new equipment on it, however backhaul for LTE would probably be more difficult.

Almost all towers in utah have new equipment installed but it may take a year or more for backhaul to reach some of them.

There is a tower a couple "blocks" closer to town that does have backhaul, but if my records are correct, it's a t-mobile and cricket tower.

Edited by dmplus

I'm picking up a new signal in Logan and my house. I thought it might be the hyrum tower, but it was cell ID 87. Here's the screen shot. Any guess where it would be? It's ironic the actual town of Logan has the worst coverage in the valley.

post-24455-0-56443600-1394916608_thumb.jpg

I'm picking up a new signal in Logan and my house. I thought it might be the hyrum tower, but it was cell ID 87. Here's the screen shot. Any guess where it would be? It's ironic the actual town of Logan has the worst coverage in the valley.

Your screen shot shows 400 not 87?