Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

19 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

Interesting add! Now if they would just enable the other bands the phone is capable of as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Interesting add! Now if they would just enable the other bands the phone is capable of as well.

I was looking to see if they added n70 for Dish, but not yet.

on the s22 ultra unlocked(U1) firmware. (..2AVF1)
the band selection menu is gone as stated by others.

I noticed that the wifi calling is gone also.
I cant make calls over wifi when there is no cell service or when I force it on wifi calling.

Ive seen s21 ultra users having similar issues on the new update, so I didnt update my s21u.
I wish i didnt for my s22 ultra also

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sunmybun said:

on the s22 ultra unlocked(U1) firmware. (..2AVF1)
the band selection menu is gone as stated by others.

I noticed that the wifi calling is gone also.
I cant make calls over wifi when there is no cell service or when I force it on wifi calling.

Ive seen s21 ultra users having similar issues on the new update, so I didnt update my s21u.
I wish i didnt for my s22 ultra also

Unless you take special steps, the update to force itself upon your phone.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Unless you take special steps, the update to force itself upon your phone.

yup, i dont worry. I have another s21u lying around with its bootloader still on #1. (and updates disabled)
Im keeping that s21 ultra to unlock its bootloader later. hehe

something felt very weird about the s22u ..2AVF1 update.

my wireless charging stopped working.
i tried the diagnotic thingy in the settings but the phone didnt detect the charger.
my samsung account wouldnt work with any of its apps.
and then my wifi calling wasnt working.

so i figured to turn off my esim. and turn it back on.
my wifi calling came back. and samsung account started working again.
but wireless charging still didnt work.

first, i thought my wireless charging thing in the phone was fried.
so i finally gave up and backed up my phone with smart switch.

manually reflashed the previous firmware (..2AVE4).
I thought since the bootloader is the same the phone would boot up without an issue.
but nope.
so i had to factory reset.

now everything is back to normal.
esim and wifi calling is normal.
wireless charging is back to normal. (thank god its not shorted or w.e)

might wait until the next stable update or stay so i can use the band selection app lol

Edited by sunmybun
  • Like 1

It's funny that the size was different for AT&T vs T-Mobile. Pretty sure the update on AT&T was over 800MB, the T-Mobile update was only 551Mb. Doesn't look like any of the known issues were fixed on T-Mobile yet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

So, are we saying it is safe to download the July update on the S22 for Tmobile?

Guess that was the June update that some people were having trouble with on the S22 Ultra.

My S22 basic seems to work OK for me on the June update. 

Guess I will try the July update after all. 

3 hours ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

OK.  Looks like the Samsung band selector app does not work, which everyone  knew already.  The *#2263# menu comes up but I have not tried to actually force any band changes.

Is that menu working for anyone on Tmo?

Works fine for me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

n41-SA went live in my market over the past couple of days. As such, I have been logging a lot of NR. I noticed yesterday while logging that one of the recent updates fixed the slow update rate for NR, it now seems to update at a rate similar to LTE. That alone is a good improvement and will make logging NR much more accurate. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

n41-SA went live in my market over the past couple of days. As such, I have been logging a lot of NR. I noticed yesterday while logging that one of the recent updates fixed the slow update rate for NR, it now seems to update at a rate similar to LTE. That alone is a good improvement and will make logging NR much more accurate. 

So if you force n41 it works? I've only been able to get it to work when I get handed off from n71 to n41 and it usually only last a couple seconds. If I try to force to n41 via the 2263 menu it just says no service. 

8 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

So if you force n41 it works?

Correct. I force n41-SA via the 2263 menu and it will connect with any tower which has the capability. To be clear, hand-off between towers is a bit buggy. I will occasionally have to re-enable all bands via the 2263 menu then re-force n41-SA but otherwise it just works. Plus it allowed me to see the second n41 carrier in my area and confirm that it was 40MHz and located at 2570MHz. 

11 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

I've only been able to get it to work when I get handed off from n71 to n41 and it usually only last a couple seconds. If I try to force to n41 via the 2263 menu it just says no service. 

Previously, outside of one or two towers which had it on all the time (no idea why) and the occasional new tower which would have it on for a couple weeks before turning it off, that's how n41-SA behaved for me until a couple days ago. Now, outside of the buggy hand-offs I mentioned above, n41-SA just works. The metro Seattle area tends to be one of the first Nokia markets for changes and the changes then roll out to other markets over the coming weeks/months. So if it doesn't work yet for your area, expect it to come in the near future. 

As an aside, I wonder if they are testing VoNR here. Since I have an S22 instead of an S21, my phone isn't setup for VoNR. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jreuschl said:

Nothing new added to the 2263 menu in August unfortunately. 

How can N77 not even be supported given that they are starting to test this? 

Still no n2 or n25 either. Really surprised on that one since they've publicly shown tests results using an S22 and n25+n41+n41. To me it kind of takes away from the validity of that test since they used some sort of custom firmware, makes you wonder what else they might have modified. Its not really a "stock" device at that point.

• Like 2